View Single Post
Old 07-15-2006, 08:36 PM   #9

It's just water weight, don't worry about it.

I eat between 1000-1200 calories a day myself. And I don't believe in that starvation mode theory anymore. Everybody kept saying, "You're not eating enough! Up your calories!" (even though I felt perfectly fine and not excessively hungry at where I was at).

Fine, so I started eating more. I put on weight. I went back to eating 1000-1200 calories a day and lost it again.

Phooey on that. Everybody is different and I no longer have faith in the "1200 calorie rule". If you're not 'starving' on the calories you're eating and as long as you're not dropping weight too quick, I wouldn't worry about it. I've discovered that I personally don't NEED anymore calories than that.

However, on the flipside, there have been those that were stuck on a plateau for some time and started losing again once they increased their calories. But that's them. Doesn't work for everybody and it doesn't work for me. I'm maintaining (since May) on the calories I'm eating. If I eat more, I gain. If I eat less? Don't know, haven't tried it yet because I don't really WANT to eat any less than I am. So I guess I'm pretty much settling at my current weight.

I used to do that too, when I'd see somebody post they're only eating 1000 calories a day, I'd jump in and scream, "You're not eating enough!"

Maybe you are, maybe you aren't. Maybe increasing your calories will help your weight loss start again, maybe not. My point is nobody knows, for your body specifically, whether or not you're taking in enough food. The only one that can determine that is YOU, so it's important to find yourself a balance like I did. I did several 'experiments' and eventually discovered that I can't eat anymore than 1000-1200 calories a day or I'll start gaining again.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote