Old 07-14-2006, 05:01 PM   #1  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Default A New Beginning

Hello! Got room for another newbie to the board? I have restarted Atkins for what I hope will be the very last time. I have done it twice before, both times with fabulous success. My only failure is I just always seem to get in my own way, if any one can relate?

I took alot of time away from the weight loss rollercoaster to try and figure out exactly what it is I want, and how I plan to make these changes. I have done the whole circuit of various diets and I keep coming back to low carb. My body thrives on this woe, and I feel amazing while following it!

My name's Danielle, 36, SAHM of 3 and have lots to lose. I really hope to gain some motivation and some support here as well as give it when & where I can. While I am very excited to be starting again, part of me is terrified of failing yet again.

Thanks for the ears ladies, looking forward to getting to know you all!

~danielle
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:27 PM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Red face Welcome!

You've come to a great place for advice, support & encouragement!!

You CAN do this!!!!

All the best to you!!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 211/162/135

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs up

I'm a 36 year old stay at home mom of 2 myself. Nice to meet you!

This place is loaded with good info and great people. Don't be afraid to ask the hard questions. These gals are smart.

Cheers,

Shannon
aka Jux
Juxtapose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:03 PM   #4  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Thanks for the welcomes ladies!

Kim, your stats are amazing! Did you lose all your weight with Atkins? You must feel fantastic! Go you!

Shannon, you had me giggling about your dd "playing the bongos". Kids!!!

~danielle
Old 07-14-2006, 07:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Smile

and hello!

I can only repeat what kim and shannon have said before me - THis is a great place to be! We all go through our hard times and ups and downs. Thankfully everyone here is very supportive when need be and also can give you a sometimes needed kick in the butt!
Just remember to visit often because it really will help you when your feeling down or tempted.
The biggest thing I can say is that you have to think of this as a way of life not a diet. I never think to myself, I can't wait til I reach goal so that this is over. I know that I will be eating like this forever and pasta will never cross my lips again. If you think you are a "carb addict" then that's the frame of mind you have to have. Actually I don't think of myself as one, it's just that I make bad choices. I don't like most meats so I used to fill up on rice and pasta and even sometimes when we we're having something that I didn't particularly care for I would just have cake and coffee for dinner. So now, I have learned 2000 ways to make chicken and fish and how to survive without all the carb based foods I would eat.
how much weight did you lose at one time before you started gaining again?
because I would think that once you lost enough to feel really good about yourself you wouldn't want to lose that feeling for anything!
You mentioned that you have kids. I am 42 with 3 kids (9,8,& 6) I feel so great to have the energy for them now and they are so pleased to see that I am happy. It has even changed the way they eat also without me even having to preach!
Well, enough ramblimg! Feel free to ask any question you may have, There are alot of ladies here who have lost a lot of weight and have good advise. (I myself, am still learning! but will do what I can to help!
looking forward to hearing about your great progress!

maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:54 PM   #6  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar-N-Spice
Thanks for the welcomes ladies!

Kim, your stats are amazing! Did you lose all your weight with Atkins? You must feel fantastic! Go you!
Danielle,

To answer your question, yes I lost all my weight with Atkins. I'm in the process of working to get the last 10 lbs off. I've basically stayed at Induction level carbs since day 1...adding a few things here & there (more veggies & recently some low carb yogurt).

Maggie gave you the best advice,never think of this as a diet. Atkins (or any weight loss plan) needs to be thought of as a way of life. Its got to be a total lifestyle change otherwise, its not going to work. Watching what you eat, getting some exercise, drinking your water, taking your vitamins...all those things are important but...they don't mean much at all if you don't have a positive attitude about changing your lifestyle.

All the best to you Danielle. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me anytime. I enjoy making new friends

You CAN do this!!!

Kim
Old 07-15-2006, 01:40 AM   #7  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Welcome Danielle, we are glad to have you here with us. Good luck and know that all of us here will support you. Congratulations on getting back to Atkins for your lifestyle change.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 02:58 PM   #8  

Welcome Danielle! And good luck this time around!

I know what it's like to fall off and come back. I originally started the diet on May 8th. Since that time I have lost 15 lbs. I know it could have been a lot more but I kept falling off the wagon and mostly for emotional reasons. I did so great in the beginning too. I ended up really liking this way of eating and for the first time embraced that it wasn't just any old diet.

I like coming here for the emtional support because I need it. It's comforting to know I'm not the only one out there feeling a certain way and turning to food to make me feel better.

I hope to see you around!
Buffy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 03:51 PM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

to 3FC's and Atkins
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 07:10 PM   #10  

Hi everyone -

Well just checking back in here to see how your day went Danielle. I hope it was a good day -- hopefully no temptations.

Today was a great day for me. Luckily, I live in mild temperatures -- not to hot here...so I did 2 workouts today...a brisk walk this morning and Yoga at lunch.

How is everyone?
Old 07-17-2006, 07:32 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Great job buffy!
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 07:36 PM   #12  

Thanks!

Last night I went for a good run with my dog...felt good but am a little sore today -- ouch! Still happy I did it though...plan to go for another brisk walk or run tonight too.

I'm starting to have a bit of a problem though -- I'm feeling very tempted by breads and carb-loads of food. I haven't given in to them at all...but I'm starting to think I might be a little bored with the diet? I've been off carbs for a while...

I've been going back and forth with the diet for almost 3 months now...falling on and off the wagon. I'm feeling not as hung-go as when I first started back in May, when I was totally into it...now I'm feeling like I can't do it.

Anyone have any good tips on how to get back into it? I'm guessing it's all mental right now -- gotta get in the right frame of mind. Maybe I'm getting bored with the food too?
Old 07-19-2006, 08:35 PM   #13  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Buffy0, I would definitely change things up a bit with the food. You most certainly do not want to give up now, you are doing SO well. Maybe start to get creative with ingredients and see what you can come up with?

I've always said, this journey is 99% mental. It's the reason why I've not been successful yet, but mentally I am feeling so different now so I think I am going to win this time! You will too! It's great that you are aware of what's going on and trying to fix it before you derail altogether. I know you can do this!!!

Keep shining!

♥danielle
Old 07-20-2006, 06:27 AM   #14  
Larry's Angel

Question Website??

Buffy,

Did I ever PM you the low carb recipe website I use? There are some really great recipes there, many that are suitable for Induction. Let me know and if I didn't send it to you, I'd be happy to.

You CAN do this!!!

All the best to you!!!

Kim
Old 07-20-2006, 08:48 AM   #15  
Baby Steps

Welcome I'm always late on everything. We always have room for more people How're things going? I see you joined us on the weekly chat This is the best place for support
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote