Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-14-2006, 03:22 PM   #1  
Lurtle

Default Fat fat the water rat...

I am tired of being fat! I am tired of being sweaty! I am tired of being tired! I am the heaviest I've ever been. I am 304 pounds of yuck! I tell myself the usual platitudes...you're cute, you're funny, you're "curvy" (yeah, right!). Bullpoop! I am FAT...no one sees the other things because they are too busy seeing the fat. I want to be able to paint my toenails without turning red because I've cut off my circulation, I want to be able to walk up a small hill without needing oxygen, I want to be able to buy clothes that don't cost extra because they are made with more fabric, I want to attract men and have them not want to be with me because I'm a doofus, not because I'm too fat. I HATE what I've become. I am tired all the time. I feel like ****. I look like ****. I am not looking for help, because I know this is all on me. I am just really, really tired!!!!!
Eldubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 03:37 PM   #2  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I just want to say HI! I AM FROM BC TOOO!!!!!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Eldubu -- Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt! Okay, more seriously, I know exactly where you're coming from -- many of us do!

I guess the question becomes, what are you going to do about it? Are you willing to commit to making some changes in your life? They don't all have to be at once -- far from it! But I do think you need that commitment.

How are you going to start?

One year ago (almost to the day) I had the same thoughts you did (cept for painting my toes -- never done that yet!) Anyhoo, I was where you are. Angry, frustrated... depressed! And I didn't think I could do anything that would work, but I knew I had to try.

I've never been the kind of person who does any kind of extreme dieting. I had tried WW before and like it... this time, I just started small and made a commitment to watch portion sizes. That very first week, we went to a Bob Evans. Instead of my usual eggs + bacon + english muffin + hash browns + pancakes (goodness!), I tried just eggs and an english muffin, reasoning that if I was hungry later I could eat more... from little successes, big successes grow.

So, how do you want to start? Just take baby steps...
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:20 PM   #4  

Me tooooo!!!!! It seems overwelming I know I'm over 250 and to think about loosing to look good is just too much. So I am trying to eat smarter joined WW 2 weeks ago and lost 1.5. Not too great but better than nothing. I agree with you though I am just so tired. I am sick and tired of being tired. Right now I feel like screw looking good I just want to feel like getting through the day with out need a nap, or having a headache or something. I guess I'm not being very encouraging - but I'm just trying to say just do something even if it is something small, eat better, go for a walk.... and then praise yourself for it. I'm also tired of my own negative self talk. I am trying to tell my self that I can do it, when sometimes I'm just not too sure I can. I've been fat for so long it just seem too impossible to overcome. Maybe you can just subsitute a low call snack for your regular smacks. The WW fudge bars are awsome, and depending on what you usually eat could save a lot of calories. They are big and take a while to eat. Good Luck Do not give up and talk yourself out of beginning. You are strong, you are WORTH IT!!!!!!!
jagmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyllenn
Eldubu

One year ago (almost to the day) I had the same thoughts you did (cept for painting my toes -- never done that yet!)
Sorry to derail - but you too, Wylenn? My 2 year anniversary is tomorrow

Eldubu, just based on my own experiences, a little self-anger can be a powerful, motivating tool. A lot of self-anger can be detrimental. It sounds like you are having an "a ha" moment, print out what you said, tape it your frig and use that anger constructively. Concentrate on improving your health (getting enough sleep, drinking plenty of water, managing stress, exercising, eating whole, healthy, unprocessed foods - 5+ servings of vegetables, fruit, lean protein, low fat dairy, whole grains, healthy fat) and the weight loss will follow.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagmom3
Me tooooo!!!!! It seems overwelming I know I'm over 250 and to think about loosing to look good is just too much. So I am trying to eat smarter joined WW 2 weeks ago and lost 1.5. Not too great but better than nothing.
A 1.5 lb weekly loss is FANTASTIC.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

I understand where you are coming from as well . . . And I was sitting where you was over a year ago thinking the same things. It's your choice where you will be in a year's time.

If it's too overwhelming to make one big change overnight (my method), wellyn gave great advice to start off with small changes.

I had my one year anniversiary last month ~ I guess the summer is a good time to begin a lifestyle change.

Happy Anniversaries wellyn and Glory87!!!!!!
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:13 PM   #8  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

You have made the first step in changing your life by realizing that there is a problem. That you aren't happy right now. Congratulations. The others have some great advice about starting slow. Vow to change just 1 thing right now that will help in the long-term. I know where you're coming from. I didn't think a year ago that I could do it, but I was wrong. Best wishes for a successful weight loss journey. Don't be too hard on yourself, if you fall (which we all do) pick yourself up and get right back to the task at hand. I have faith and know that you can make it too.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:23 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87
Sorry to derail - but you too, Wylenn? My 2 year anniversary is tomorrow
Happy anniversary!! 2 years? Somehow when I read your posts, it seems like you've been doing it longer! Maybe it doesn't feel like that to you though...

Believe it or not, I actually don't know the actual date I started -- that's how SLOWLY I got going -- but I know it was right around this time last year. I'm calling the 15th my one-year anniversary and hope to report on Monday that I've lost over 95 pounds and made it to Onederland!

So, Happy Anniversary to both of us!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 11:58 AM   #10  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarpoChicoGroucho
If it's too overwhelming to make one big change overnight (my method),
That's what I did. The baby steps didn't work for me because I found myself making too many excuses. So one day I just decided to do it and did it. Overnight I changed everything. One day I was eating like a pig, the next day I was counting calories and cutting out fat and adding healthy foods. Not only did I lose over 80 pounds, my blood pressure is normal again, my cholesterol levels are normal again and I'm not tired all the time like I used to be.

Eldubu, some people can do the baby step method (making small changes over time) and some people can't. If the baby steps don't work, then maybe do what we did, just bite the bullet, put your foot down, TELL yourself you're going to make these changes, and just... do it.

There are many diets out there, but I chose not to go on a diet. This isn't a diet for me, it's a permanent lifestyle change. Most diets equal deprivation and I don't believe in deprivation. I eat healthy most of the time, but I still eat my favorite foods, I just eat them in extreme moderation. But give them up completely? No way
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 01:31 PM   #11  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Hi Eldubu,

I am in BC also!! I live on Vancouver Island.

I am on week 3 of this plan and I am really happy with how it is going so far. I felt like you did just 3 weeks ago and felt TERRIBLE. I did not have a clue my weight was up as high as it is and it stunned me. I am the same weight as you roughly so I SO know what you feel like.

As the others said, start out slow. Read some info here and decide what plan you might like to begin with, and just try it. Then decide on what exercise you might like to start out with, and do 10 minutes a day, if you can do that. 10 minutes a day even can make some difference if you normally don't do any. You can work up to more as you go!!!

Hugs to you, cause you need them!!
We are here for you and any help you need, just ask!!!

~ Angie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldubu
I am tired of being fat! I am tired of being sweaty! I am tired of being tired! I am the heaviest I've ever been. I am 304 pounds of yuck! I tell myself the usual platitudes...you're cute, you're funny, you're "curvy" (yeah, right!). Bullpoop! I am FAT...no one sees the other things because they are too busy seeing the fat. I want to be able to paint my toenails without turning red because I've cut off my circulation, I want to be able to walk up a small hill without needing oxygen, I want to be able to buy clothes that don't cost extra because they are made with more fabric, I want to attract men and have them not want to be with me because I'm a doofus, not because I'm too fat. I HATE what I've become. I am tired all the time. I feel like ****. I look like ****. I am not looking for help, because I know this is all on me. I am just really, really tired!!!!!
Abbeycat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 11:53 AM   #12  
Proud Army Mom!

S/C/G: 202/185/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLV
Eldubu, some people can do the baby step method (making small changes over time) and some people can't. If the baby steps don't work, then maybe do what we did, just bite the bullet, put your foot down, TELL yourself you're going to make these changes, and just... do it.

There are many diets out there, but I chose not to go on a diet. This isn't a diet for me, it's a permanent lifestyle change. Most diets equal deprivation and I don't believe in deprivation. I eat healthy most of the time, but I still eat my favorite foods, I just eat them in extreme moderation. But give them up completely? No way

Ditto for me. I have to do it all at one time. Same with the "diet". I can NOT imagine giving up some foods forever. Its too depressing. Calorie counting and moderations works for me. I eat healthy about 98% of the time, but I still get my "treat" day once a week.
mel67 is offline   Reply With Quote