Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 07-12-2006, 04:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220 / 180/ 160

Height: 5'8"

Default HELP! Breakfast Ideas???

I am in DESPERATE need of some new breakfast ideas.

For the past 3 years it seems - I've been eating basically the same exact (give or take...) breakfast every morning.

this breakfast consists of:
1 High fiber Muffin - 1 point
1/4 - 1/2 cup Egg Beaters - 1 point
1 slice of either lunchmeat ham or 1 boca sausage patty - 1 point
1 slice of 2% cheddar cheese - 1 point

of course, this is all sandwiched on the muffin.

or - the "give or take" was I USED to eat - instead of egg beaters I'd take 2 hard boiled egg whites (threw out the yolks) and instead of a boca or morningstar farms sausage patty I had canadian bacon instead.

but - this type of sandwich has honestly been my staple for basically the last three years.

yes, it's good - but i am getting SO sick and tired of this.

I DO like oatmeal, and I've tried switching to oatmeal for breakfast - but I really need something with the protein to fill me up, carbs won't do in the morning.

thing is, I am up and eat breakfast at 5:30 - I work at 6 a.m. and i HAVE to eat breakfast - but I also need some suggestions that are fast, easy, and low in points (or calories). but I only get 20 minutes in the morning cuz I have to be out the door by 5:50 to get to work.

So I'm asking all of you - what do you guys eat for breakfast that is protein filled and fills you up to get you going?

I greatly will appreciate any and all replies. THANKS!!
Indychick829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 05:16 PM   #2  

There is a fruit salad I make that has protein from cottage cheese. It is super simple. I need to run it on Mastercook and figure out all the points and everything though.

1 large ff cottage cheese
1 large ff cool whip
2 larges boxes of sf orange instant jello powder
2 large cans of crushed pineapple or tidbits drained WELL!
4 large cans of mandrain oranges.

Mix all together! It is really good. My 16 ds loves it. He calls it "Fluffy stuff"
jagmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 05:21 PM   #3  
hara hachi bu

Here is a thread about breakfasts, that has some good ideas:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88406

Here are my breakfast regulars:
* egg/vegetable frittata (made on weekend, reheated 1 piece every day for weekday breakfasts)
* 1c plain yogurt + 1/2c cereal + 1 serving fruit + 1T nuts
* cottage cheese and fruit
* 1 tortilla with peanut-butter smeared on it, wrapped around a banana
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 05:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/200

Height: 5'5

Well, i dont know the point value, but recently ive been having a banana smoothie every day for breakfast. It has 13 g protein, i dunno if thats enough for you or not, but it fills me up really well.

1 medium banana
1 Tbsp. Peanut Butter
Half a cap full (about a teaspoon, give or take a little) vanilla extract
Some ice cubes
1 cup skim milk
Put in blender until everything is blended and ice cubes are crushed or nearly crushed.
Couple packets Splenda, if you choose.

290 calories, 9 g fat, 43 g carb, 13 g protein.

I dunno if this is what you're looking for, but it is extremely good.
cardsfan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 05:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: S:157/C:121/G:125

Height: 5'4"

I have cream of wheat every day, and have eaten it for 1-2 years. I just make it in the microwave...4 1/2 tablespoons of cream of wheat, 1 1/2 cups of skim milk, and some sugar. It only takes about 3 1/2 minutes in the microwave (stirring in between). It really fills me up. My work provides free unhealthy breakfasts quite often (doughnuts, cake, muffins), and I never even have a desire to eat these because I'm pretty full and satisfied already. It takes hours to get hungry again. It's some good stuff.
Tara D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 05:44 PM   #6  
future triathlete

S/C/G: 187.5/148.5/129

Height: 5'2"

I'm on an oatmeal kick right now, and I usually have some cottage cheese on the side for protien. I also like fruit and yogurt shakes, poached eggs, omelets, scrambled eggs, fruit salad with yogurt... my breakfast generally consists of eggs or yogurt or oatmeal. I find the oatmeal really fills me up if I make my own - i can eat about twice what you get in packaged oatmeal for the same calories. Hope you can find something you like!
sierra_ttw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:11 PM   #7  

I love these protien pancacks, have them almost every morning. You can make batter the night before and just grill them up in the am.

1/2 cup oatmeal-quick oats work best
1/4 cup cottage cheese
2 egg whites
splash vanilla
1/4 c water
blend well in blender, add water if needed. Cook like regular pancakes. This will make about 3 medium. I top with applesauce, fruit spread, whatever.
amyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:53 PM   #8  
Working My Way Back Down

I make a similar pancake only 1/3 cup each of oatmeal, cottage cheese and eggwhites, blend and cook. I often thin it with a little water as I like think pancakes. It makes one really big or 2-3 small pancakes.

I like oatmeal for breakfast - the real kind, not the instant - and I put about 1 oz of walnuts in for protein, and usually some raisins or dried cranberries. It cooks in the microwave in 2-3 minutes, so just as fast as instant.

Or I eat cold cereail (usually Cheerios) again with nuts and fruit - though usually fresh fruit on this.

Eggs are good. I sometimes eat an egg salad sandwich for breakfast.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote