Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-11-2006, 01:15 AM   #1  
Fat Tub of Goo

S/C/G: 211/211/150

Height: 5'5

Default New here!

Hello all-

I am brand new to this site. I am a big fat pile of goo. I don't know how else to say it. I am 5'5 and I weigh 211 pounds. I can't bend over without getting out of breath. I have sleep apnea and fibromyalgia, neither of which I had before gaining these 50 pounds in about one year (2001). I eat out of stress and that was a bad year. Anyway, I hate exercise and I hate veggies which makes it very easy for me to carb myself to death at home.

When I got married in 2000 I looked good at 159. I really should be 140 for my frame but I'd be happy to weigh 180 by the time I turn 38 in November. I have lost weight before but that was also before fatigue and pain set in.

I just looked at some of your before and after pictures and I am inspired, especially by Meg and Zelma. I want to look better but more importantly I want to feel better. I hope I can start here and learn from you all. I've didn't need help the last time I lost a lot of weight but I feel hopeless and depressed and sometimes I think being fat is so much easier than trying to lose the weight. So, I need help.

Thanks for reading.

Coco

Last edited by CocoG; 07-11-2006 at 01:29 AM.
CocoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 01:17 AM   #2  
Lovin' being Vegan

S/C/G: 168/153/135

welcome! you will find plenty of support here. these women are awesome
Tori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:59 AM   #3  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Hi Coco and WELCOME!!! You'll find all the support you need and then some, we're very giving people!

First, I must say, you sound very very unhappy so here's a for you. Yes, it is depressing to be overweight but you can totally change that! It's all about baby steps (as I'm sure you've read on this forum before). Start out slow and the weight will come off on it's own. Make a few changes to your diet so you can used to them and then incorporate more as time goes on. A plain vegetable does taste gross, I will not disagree, but that's why you have to add various spices and flavors to make it taste great. Look up some asian recipes for veggie dishes and try a few. Start out with a salad - experiment with different lettuces (I know personally I hate Iceberg, but I can eat all the Romaine in the world ) Also, get some exercise in now. Even 10 minutes is great! I know this sounds like a lot to do but it doesn't have to be - slow and steady will get you where you want to go!

GOOD LUCK! You can DO it!
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:09 AM   #4  
sli
On A Mission

S/C/G: 209/135/130

You came to the right place for support!
Also everyone will make you feel good about yourself!
Good luck and we are all here for ya...

Last edited by sli; 07-11-2006 at 09:37 AM.
sli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:31 AM   #5  
Aleecia

Welcome Coco
You'll love it here. There are so many supportive people to help you through this journey. I know for me it has been a tremendous help.
Take it slow and you'll get there.
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:38 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 208/165/140

Height: 5'6"

One thing i have to say and maybe im the only one but i hated to exercise but i started doing it every day to every other day and it gets addictive. I started to love it cause it gave me so much energy and i was in such a great mood. It doesnt take much i started going to a place in town with only women *mostly were my size 200 + so i didnt feel like the big one out* so i could work out and feel like i wasnt holding back* and i would feel awsome. now i just get out and walk. i dont worry about anyone around me. I dont care what the people say i just walk. i started out walking slow and not far now i walk about 1 hour to 2 hours. i feel awsome after words to not out of breath it has helped to. im actually losing since i found this place ive started droping weight thank god. You have found the right place and will get there but try not to get discouraged. You will get there. good luck and just try to get your self up and exerciseing weather you want to or not. Tell yourself you need to and if you start 2 times a week then 3 times and before you know it you want to do it 30 mins a day every day. just be careful what work out your doing cuase some you can do every day some you have to give a break. many here can help you out. good luck
Chatterbox1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:06 PM   #7  

Height: 5'8.5"

Welcome Coco! So glad you are here!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:35 PM   #8  

Welcome Coco, you have come to the right place for support. Everyone here is great. Ask questions when you have them and offer others advice and support, thats what we are all about. You can get through this. I use to be 171 pounds at 4'11" and felt terrible about myself. The people on this site are wonderful. Goodluck
almost there is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:36 PM   #9  
Mel

Welcome, Coco

I have fibromyagia too, and changing the way I ate and exercising made a huge difference in my pain and fatigue levels in addition to helping lose the weight. When I got rid of all the processed, sugary junk, most of the wheat, and concentrated on healthy lean proteins, lots of vegetables (no, I don't think they taste gross!) and fruits, I felt so much better.

I know it's hard to believe that exercising will make you feel better when you are tired and ache, but in the long run it really does. Start slowly- just a short walk. Or if you have access to an exercise bike, that would be a great way to start. Add in some light weights, or use resistance bands. Try exercise videos if you don't want to or can't get to a gym. But MOVE! You really will feel better.

Please don't be so down on yourself. You can do this and a lot of the fatigue, pain and depression will disappear along with the fat. I've been there

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote