Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-11-2006, 05:03 PM   #1  
hara hachi bu

Question Fill in the blank: My Biggest Challenge Today Is ...

I've been pretty on-track today, not feeling many urges to go 'off plan', but I am slightly emotionally off due to an unpleasant conversation last night. So ...

Challenge: Making sure I don't emotionally eat this evening. I will be getting home later than usual tonight (about 7:00pm), and I very thoughtlessly didn't plan anything for dinner ... oops.

Solution: NOT going out to a restaurant, which is what I will want to do. NOT bingeing on anything closely related to junk food at home. I can steam some baby carrots, micro-bake a potato with some light-ranch dressing, and maybe throw a tilapia steak in my George F. grill. Note to self: call DS and ask him to take the tilapia out of the freezer.

Anyway, just curious what everyone else's biggest challenges are today, and how you plan to address them.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:22 PM   #2  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

My biggest challenge today will be getting my exercise in. My area has been flash flooding and I had to put my gym membership on hold due to money. I need to get outside to do my cardio so....I'm gonna have to get creative.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:33 PM   #3  

I started my period today....need I say more?
Infrogwetrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:29 PM   #4  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

I would say my challenge is staying busy enough that I don't feel lonely and then get sad, about my husband being away. He has been gone a month (military) and still one more month to go.

If I keep busy, and keep on my eating/workout schedule, then I am fine, the day goes by fast. One day at a time. Ugh I hate it when he's gone. We have no kids and it's just me here. I work from home, so I have to force myself to get out and feel normal, or else I get house happy.
Abbeycat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infrogwetrust
Hey, me too!!! Get out of my boat

My biggest challenge will be exercising, like always. And my solution is to get my butt away from the computer and get it over with!!!
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:58 PM   #6  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

my biggest challend (OT) is not feeling guilty for declining an offer to a "welcome home party" for someone who has shown time and time again that she is not a true friend.
fitgal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

The trainer who delivers in Japanese for us stopped by with a package of sweets from Japan. Our manager brought them to the team meeting and I had 2 small cookies. Challenge lost! At least I just had 2!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:47 PM   #8  
future triathlete

S/C/G: 187.5/148.5/129

Height: 5'2"

My biggest challenge will be eating properly throughout the day and not binging when I get home - on Tuesdays I have a spinning class in the morning, then I go to work, and then I have school until 9:00 pm - it's so easy to go without lunch or dinner and then eat everything in site when I get home! So far so good... I just have to stay away from the vending machines and eat the ehalthy sandwich I brought for dinner.
sierra_ttw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:00 PM   #9  
Amanda

S/C/G: 238/198/150

Height: 5'4"

Originally Posted by Infrogwetrust

HarpoChicoGroucho Hey, me too!!! Get out of my boat

me three. Couple that with a very large bag of white chocolate M&Ms (bought in a moment of weakness) that are calling my name and you've got my challenge for the day.
my solution: midol and 3 M&M's with the rest of the bag going into the freezer!
Fluffy Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:32 PM   #10  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Not emotionally eating. Having a rough day (fighting with family) and just want to soothe with chocolate.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:38 PM   #11  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

My biggest challenge today will be to do my exercise. It is fairly nice outside this evening. I am going to see if my DD will walk outside with me. If not, I will get on the treadmill again.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:54 PM   #12  
PinkSnowDays

S/C/G: 260/250/150

My biggest challenge today is exercising... rain is keeping me indoors. Without my exercise I tend to not be as tired at night... stay up later and eat more! Ahh so much I need to control!
PinkSnowDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:02 PM   #13  
Xan
serial rejoiner

S/C/G: 296/264/160

Height: 5' 8"

I love "what's your biggest challenge" threads! I always learn something.

I'm just (re)starting, so that's my biggest challenge. I've got the planning down. I've even got the Plan B and Plan C worked out, because I have an unpredictable schedule and changes to it have often thrown me off course. But often, when I'm tired or out of sorts, it's just so easy to fall back on old habits. So my first challenge (this week, and until I've met it) is to plan, stick to the plan, and create new habits, so that when I'm crunched, I'll reach for a chicken breast or a piece of fruit instead of two slices of buttered bread with peanut butter
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:22 PM   #14  

My biggest challenge today is.... a toss up... between not eating and not taking my frustration out on my husband (it has nothing to do with him; he's just here to take it LOL). Actually, as I was typing this he just came up and gave me the biggest hug ever and told me how proud he was of me. I'M CRYING NOW - he can be so sweet in such small but meaningful ways. Ok, I guess I'm not gonna take my frustrations out on him now LOL
AH, not eating... I so wanna sit down to a nice big plate of food - chicken and veggies sounds particularly nice. I have a strong desire to sabbotage myself, and I don't know why. This is working, and I have no rational reason to quit. All I can say is that I want to be normal. I guess now that I have put myself in a postion to be this fat, I have to suffer through a little more time of not being "normal." God, it will be wonderful when I can eat like a normal, healthy person.
buckettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:27 PM   #15  
hara hachi bu

Well, my solution partially worked. I did everything as planned, but I forgot one step ... I was supposed to have a snack before I went to my after-work appointment. As it was, I went to the appointment, stopped by the library to drop off a book, and decided a cup of Starbucks would be good. A soy latte (160 calories). Oh, and a few of those innocent-enough looking chocolate-covered graham crackers (280 calories) ... you know, dark chocolate once in a while is good for you?

The good part is this: I modified. Last time, I would have gotten a venti soy latte (270 calories) and marble pound cake (400 calories).

I'm getting there. One strategy at a time.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote