Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-11-2006, 02:48 PM   #1  
ThinNanaWannaBe

S/C/G: 343/338/160

Height: 5'8"

Lightbulb Found the Strength to try AGAIN

Hi, I'm Kim and I am a new member to 3FC. I am buddied up with a friend at work and feel good about my hopes of losing weight this time. I've tried many, many, many times before and ended up gaining back all the weight I'd lost. I find the posts very encouraging and uplifting, and it reinforces to me that I CAN do this, if I try. My question yesterday was "how do you go about finding the strength to try AGAIN"...but today, I'm thinking that you don't find the strength...the strength finds you. Once you've reached the point of avoiding mirrors, and avoiding being out in the public with your family for fear of the reaction you'll get from others, the strength to do it just kinda throws itself all over you. I am positive of one thing...the sharing that goes on in these posts will help a LOT of people in their daily struggle with food.

It really helps having someone on the other end who REALLY knows what you're going through. Venting my frustrations releases the poison of food addiction that makes me crazy, and makes me want to do crazy things.

Thanks
KimChi6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:36 PM   #2  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

You're right. I think the main source of strength is yourself. If YOU really want it, you will achieve your goal! Another source of strength is support from friends and/or family. I don't think I would've kept up with this if it wasn't for my mom's encouragement. After my fourth week of working out (and only seeing a lb loss), my mom goes "don't get discouraged, those muscles are forming - that takes time...the weight will come off, you'll see" and that just made me feel better and gave me the strength to portion control and not eat crap because I was depressed about my weight loss.
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 06:05 PM   #3  
Baby steps...

S/C/G: 180/180/135

Height: 5 feet 4.5 inches

Good luck!

I am in a similar situation and am ready to start again on the road to being healthy and fit!
Kris in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 10:24 PM   #4  

Default Hi There

Hi Kim !!

I am a major yo-yo too...NOT this time though....I am glad you are back...maybe the two of us can do this together this time...with a little help from our FC friends...
cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:28 AM   #5  
ThinNanaWannaBe

S/C/G: 343/338/160

Height: 5'8"

Thanks! It's good to be here and I enjoy the honesty and down-to-earth attitude people have. My buddy at work and I both struggle with food, and it's such a relief to know we're not the ONLY ones!

I rode my exercise bike for 2 miles last night..first time in 2 1/2 years to do any sort of exercise except for a few laps in the pool or walking that is required for my job. I was quite proud of myself for actually doing it.

It will be fun to have others in on our weight loss and lifestyle changes who can help us and share ideas.

Thank you all for replying to my message, and thanks for the welcome!!
KimChi6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:42 AM   #6  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Welcome!!!!

I read this and the only thing I could think of was something that someone told me here....If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. So keep a good plan with you.....and We are all in the same boat....
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote