Old 07-10-2006, 08:20 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Weekly Chat// 7/10-16

Well, I'm back. Why is it SO easy to eat junk and SO hard to eat healthy? I read the question about self sabotage (I think Robin asked it this weekend)...and I keep coming back to that. WHY am I doing this to myself. Why can I do SO good for the week and not the weekend. Why, Why, Why. There are a couple other "why" questions I've got to ask myself (about my faith, etc) so time to put my thinking cap on and figure this all out. But I'm back to LC!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:42 AM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Brenda~ I have such a hard time with the self sabotage....I get going so good, and will get going on a 3 week stretch, and then boom, Ive slipped up. Maybe a thread on this topic?

Not alot happening around here, it raining today. So I think dd and I will clean the house. Its seriously neglected! A few t-shirts need to get done today, but thats it.

I hope everyone has a great day!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:45 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Robin: I know exactly what you're talking about. But I can't seem to make it through the weekend. If you'd like to start the sabotage thread that'd be great (or if you don't want to I can)

Forgot to mention:
TOM has arrived (of course, always does when I'm trying to re-start). But even though there's fudge in the fridge (say that 5 times fast. lol) I'm not even tempted (yet) to eat any. The temptations come at night, after supper. So I plan on taking that as it comes.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:52 AM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

So glad to see you back Brenda, I've missed seeing you. I am still eating my LC plan and exercising. Spent the day at the lake yesterday swimming with family and friends. Now, that I have hit goal, I keep reminding myself that nothing has changed and that it doesn't give me permission to pig out. Has anyone else added in baked yams to their woe. I want to try this and according to the book it is a maintenance food. The only food that I have added so far is Oats and that was about 2 months ago. I have them twice a week. The whole time, I have kept my carbs at less than 30 but would like to try to eventually go up to 40. I'll let you all know how it goes.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:55 AM   #5  

Planning, Brenda! Be prepared with something yummy and LC when the cravings hit so you don't dive into the fudge. I have a plan to write down all the LC friendly foods/snackies I have and place it on the front of the fridge and pantry so that I will see it when I have the munchies. Somehow when I'm hungry (or bored) my brain goes completely blank and I don't think about the LC stuff I have and instead grab something no-so-good-for-me.

It is cooler and breezy here this morning! I know it will warm up later but it is nice to air the house out now before I close up, set the A/C and head to work. Yesterday morning was MEGA hot even at 7:30 am! Felt like Florida or something!

Well, have a good day everyone. Fight the good LC fight!

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:08 AM   #6  
Lovin' Life

Lilly, I had added yams in a few years ago, when I was getting close to goal....yams turned out to be a trigger food for me. So I lump them in with regular potatoes, and dont eat them at all anymore.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:54 PM   #7  

Hello everyone, I'm back from a fabulours vacation. We spent four days in New York City and saw the fireworks over the Statue of Liberty, did alot of shopping, shows, and other touristy things...I love New York but could never live there!

We started out on our vacation by taking in a Brewer's game that I thought was in Chicago...but it was in Minneapolis, so I am thinking on the road trip there that this doesn't seem like we are traveling in the right direction....then I looked at the tickets! Then I began to think about the airline flight, I booked us to fly out of Chicago (not MN), so we had to rush around and make last minute changes, my DH was pissed, so we started off with a huge fight, but it all got worked out in the final boarding minutes! Whew! Overall, it was great, too much food and drink, but alot of exercise. I don't show any weight gain yet, but we just got in last night at 10:30 pm.

Hope everyone has a good LC week!
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:38 PM   #8  
lilybelle

Thanks Robin, I'll be sure to watch for this and see what happens when I try to add them. I have lived a long time without them so if necessary, I just won't eat them.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:30 AM   #9  
Baby Steps

Yesterday went well. Not enough water but I was OP eating wise. Helped that TOM was upsetting my stomach and I wasn't really hungry for ANYTHING. I did eat, but at least didn't crave chocolate!!!
Sorry no personals today. Sounds like everyone is doing great! Keep up the great work!!
Old 07-11-2006, 09:26 AM   #10  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

Not much happening around here....enjoying the day with dd I think we will go out for lunch today together.

Got the house all cleaned up yesterday, some shirts to do today, and thats it.

Have a great day ladies
Old 07-11-2006, 10:39 AM   #11  
Mommy of two

S/C/G: 208/190/150

Hello everyone. Well I have been off plan going on two weeks now and I can't see going back. I have really been gorging on tons of stuff I never even really liked. I guess I felt so deprived that I felt like I needed to make up for lost time. It all started with a vacation and I haven't been able to reel myself back in. I have gained back 7 lbs and it's been less than two weeks. I just don't know if it's possible for me to eat LC or possible to eat them in moderation. The no carb definetly works but once I eat just a small amount of carbs (this all started by just eating fruit) I totally went overboard. I just don't know what to do anymore. I'm glad to be under 200 lbs but it seems like the 140's will never come unless I get my stomach stapled. I vowed to re-start on July 25 and try to go strong until December 25. I figured an even 5 months would allow me to lose about 40 lbs or so but that time cuts through Thanksgiving and Christmas not to mention all the candy during Halloween. I just don't know why I can't be satisfied with just a handful of chips or one slice of pizza. Sorry for the woe is me post...

SIO
slimminginohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:27 PM   #12  
250/ticker/160

Height: 5"9

hi guys all your housework has inspired me, I may have to clean today teehee

slimminginohio: sorry you are down right now, you CAN do it though, I totally have the faith for ya

have to get a church lesson ready for tomorrow night, hope y'all have a super day!

Lacey
bnbsmommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:49 PM   #13  

Lacey! So nice to 'see' you! How have you been? And the family? And the new house? Do you have more time now to check in with us? You've been missed!

Slimming - I know its hard to give up the things you think you just gotta have but your last line said it all: You are a carb addict and you cannot have just one slice of pizza or one handful of chips. Read the Drs. Heller's book and just maybe you will read about yourself and have some understanding about what it going on with your body (and head) when you have carbs. Good luck and we are here for support.

*waves* to everyone! I gotta get busy here. No client work today but there is always housework and laundry! Have a nice day all!

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 02:44 PM   #14  
lilybelle

Hi everyone. I am taking my daughter to the school today to get a work permit. She is 14 and the lady at our local cafe said she'll hire her to help out a couple days a week for waitressing and such. She is so excited. Her very first job. I pay her $20.00 weekly to help me with the yard work. Like any teenager, she loves to have spending money. I'm happy for her.
SIO, I know you can do it. Jump back in here with the rest of us. Sometimes we all just need a break. Good luck and best wishes for you. I'm sending you some extra willpower.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:25 PM   #15  

My eating was great uesterday until supper, I made myself a hamburger and my family a chili-like casserole. When I went to put the leftovers away I took a few bites and couldn't stop-I ate a whole serving!

Today has been good so far, but evening are my worst times.

Oh...and I got a raise today! Yippeee!!!!
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote