General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-10-2006, 12:38 PM   #1  
Wannabe Loser

S/C/G: 210/205/150

Height: 5'9

Question Supplementing my normal diet with Vitamins

'K, well, It's not really a diet, but I'll post it here cause I don't know where else to put it...

I'd like to start taking vitamins because even though I normally eat healthy, I feel like I'm missing out on a few things. I'd rather be safe then sorry.

However, Every type of multivitamin I've taken has made me sick to my stomach. I'd like to be able to take them in the morning on an empty stomach when I take my other pills. I'm normally not hungry in the morning, so I don't like to force myself to eat just so I won't feel sick from taking pills.

Any advice on vitamins I could take that in the morning that wouldn't make me feel sick?
jenifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 01:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/200

Height: 5'5

You could try Centrum. Thats what i take, and it never makes me feel sick. I take it in the morning with an allergy pill, and i dont always eat breakfast. Usually i do, but sometimes not.
cardsfan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 02:12 PM   #3  
Wannabe Loser

I'll give it a shot. Thanks a bunch =3
Old 07-11-2006, 08:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Could you possibly consider not taking the vitamin in the morning? Maybe keep them in your purse and have it with lunch, or have it in the evening after dinner or a snack?

Vitamins actually have better absorption if they are taken with food-and this would also solve your problem of having an upset stomach when taking them on an empty stomach.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 01:56 PM   #5  
Wannabe Loser

Thats a good suggestion, too.
I'm worried that I'll forget if I don't take it with my other pills that I'll forget it, but I'll also give this a shot.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:02 PM   #6  
it's always something

Does the vitamin contain iron? This causes an upset stomach for a lot of people. If you get enough iron from your diet, then you may not need to supplement it, and can choose a multivitamin without iron. Plus I'll second aphil's suggestion of taking it with a meal. Another suggestion is to make sure that your multivitamin doesn't contain 'mega doses' of anything, and is just 100% of the RDA.

I hope that helps
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote