Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2001, 04:27 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And ready to try again...#109

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
Old 11-29-2001, 04:29 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good afternoon everyone! I wasn't here this morning as I had a couple of jobs to do. I feel much better today. I think I have poked the little piggy out of me and am on to my new life.

Today was very productive. I did 5 bank jobs and a CD audit. I had an apple for breakfast, a bowl of potato soup (that I made last night and it is really good) for lunch and I made a big pot of cabbage soup for when the munchies hit. Oh, and I have also had 4 glasses of water so far today. Yipeee!!!

I have emptied a pumpkin of it's seeds, cleaned them, boiled them and am now baking them (youngest son was crying because he didn't get any from the Halloween pumpkin, so being the good mommy that I am , I found a pumpkin and am making the seeds to send to him at school ) I emptied and refilled the dishwasher. And.....I am almost finished putting up my second tree (the Santa tree that goes in the dining room). Unfortunately, I am suffering from Butfirst Syndrome and decided that I would finish the tree, but first I needed to come talk with all my friends.

2cute: Yeah, I know you have been where I am and I think that's what helps some (sorry). Knowing you're not alone and this isn't the first time someone has gone through these feelings really helps. I'm glad you're doing much better and I know that if you (or anyone else for that matter) can do it, then dang it, so can I!!!

Susie: WooHoo! Susie got the job!!! That's wonderful! I know that you will just be chomping at the bit for those first few paychecks to roll in so you can get that new machine. It will certainly make it easier for us to visit. I'm so happy for you.

Mary: Congrats on the undies! Me too!

The things I am thankful for:
The roof over my head,
The husband who accepts me,
My sons who are THE best,
My cat who loves me,
My health which is improving,
My business which is growing,
All my friends, here, because they've been there, done that, and are willing to share!

You all have a great day!

"Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive." - Bugs Bunny

Here is a picture of the little piggy getting poked.
Old 11-29-2001, 06:35 PM   #3  
You and Me in 2003

Well dinner is over and now I have to clean up. I ate a salad and a peice of garlic bread and a few bites of black beans and rice. Not really what I wanted.

We had real bad weather here today Tornados all around. It is turning colder too.

I have to finish my christmas shopping next week I got my November check from the library today.

DH really likes the new undies. I promised him when I got down to a size 8 I'd get hip huggers

Well I'll go for now check in later.
Old 11-29-2001, 11:07 PM   #4  
Simply Noble

S/C/G: 320/258/175

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone, I thought I might join in. I usually post at the success with slimfast thread but no one seems to be posting latly. I've been missing the support.

I started out at 320 pounds and am at 260 at this time. It has been 1 1\2 years since I started loosing. Mostly I use Slimfast or other meal replacement type things. I also like horseback riding which is my primary excersise along with my job at a local resturaunt. I have also ben focusing on a lower carb meals as I have found that I feel much better when I avoid things like rice, pasta and bread. I am not very strict which explains why I have lost so slowly but hey I am getting there at my own pace. Anyway I look forward to getting to know you all and being part of this thread.
Old 11-30-2001, 03:54 AM   #5  
Dancing those pounds away

Default Howdy Cowgirl...

Welcome Cowgirl !!! We would love for you to join us.
It sounds like you are doing mighty fine to me. They say the slower you lose it the easier it is to maintain. I think you are doing great myself. 60lbs... wow. I figured at 5lbs a month I could lose 60lbs in a year so that is not that far off.
I also am watching my carbs. It has made a WORLD of difference in me. Not only my weight loss, but my energy and attitude too. I am happy all the time now.
No one here will tell you how to lose your weight. We are just here to help support you in your process. We represent many different programs.
The boards usually get slower around all holidays.
It is funny... the more we need them the fewer show up.

Mary... you better watch out girl. I can tell now that when you get down to a size 8 those panties aren't going to be the only thing hugging those hips.
We have lots of tornadoes here too... but not recently thank goodness. I live in the middle of tornado alley. I have been in a couple of them myself.. but never hit. I am very grateful. When I was pregnant with my son , one tornado blew a tree right at me while looking out the window. Then it jumped over my house and demolished the barn on the other side of our home.
My guardian angel was with me that day.

Thin.... Thanks for sharing your victories with us !!!! I want to hear about some more. I always used to say that I had many mini miracles. I am reminiscing alot tonight.
I never knew you were suppose to boil the pumpkin seeds before baking. I have never done that before. I have only eaten them once and I wasn't impressed. Maybe next time I will boil them first. I hope your sons know how lucky they are to have you as a mom. My kids would kill to have me do half of what you do. LOL
You mentioned your "But first" syndrome. I am grateful that it got you in here to post with us.
I think you should rename it "BUTT first" since that is what we are trying to get rid of.
Losing this BUTT is first on my priority list. LOL

Now for what I came in here for in the first place.
I just had to come in and tell you what I just did.
I was cleaning my refrigerator and I just "threw away" tons of food. I threw away 1/2 apple pie, 1/4 peach cobbler, 1/2 cheese cake, my left over dressing and gravey from Thanksgiving.
That means... I did not eat any of it since Thursday. !!!!!!!
In the past that would have ALL been eatten by the end of the weekend. I love leftovers. The only left overs I ate this year was the turkey and veggie tray.

Last Sunday I made that big lasagna meal for the entire family and I did not eat any of those leftovers either.
I think ....no I KNOW.... that I am changing. I am changing for the better. I have not perfected this new way of eating... but I have definitely made progress.

Well in honor of Thins Butt first and Mary's hip huggers I have chosen this picture for tonight.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 11-30-2001 at 04:11 AM.
Old 11-30-2001, 07:52 AM   #6  
You and Me in 2003

morning all

Welcome Cowgirl. Congrats on the weight lose. We will help you all we can.

2cute: I've never been in a tornado and don't want to. They seem to pass my house thank god. What do you think I had in mnd with the hiphuggers?

Thin: I have never had pumpkin seed either. See you are staying busy. My son wants me to do a lot of baking for christmas. I told him I would but it would have to be sugar free fat free. He agreed.

I made a pie last night

1 pkg. sugar free lemon jello
1 container lemon yogurt
1 cup fat free cool whip

put it in a fat free graham cracker crust. It was good. I ate 1/8 slice.

Well the new kitten has settled down in the front of my house coat and I have to do shopping today. Whats for breakfast?
Old 11-30-2001, 10:07 PM   #7  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Long time no see, yeah? Looks like there are new faces around, but I'm incredibly grateful to see my steady friends as well.

I feel like I should apologize for being gone so long. I finally faced the fact that I'm fighting a mild depression. Facing it is the first key to being able to head it off. I was also embarrassed. I'm gaining weight. Just saying it here hurts. I've been beating myself up pretty bad over it. But staying away from here doesn't help me get back on track. I need to forgive myself and move on.

I was talking about my weight gain with DH, and he said the sweetest thing. He told me he thought I should be proud of myself for not gaining more. Most people gain a lot more weight being down 5 weeks than I have. It will come off again. I need to have faith in myself.

I'm going to go back and read through the last couple of threads to catch up with you all. Take care!

Andria
Old 11-30-2001, 11:43 PM   #8  

Default Evening ladies...

What a nice day I have had. Since the site was down so much I got a lot accomplished around here. I got caught up on my laundry, I got all of my fall decorations packed away, I made some important phone calls I have procrastinating on, I went to the movies and dinner for FUN FRIDAY, and I went to visit my son and granddaughter this evening. It was just a nice day.

My food was really good again today. I love it when my food is good. I had the BEST grilled chicken salad when we went out for dinner. Mmmmm good. And of course...my water. I only drink water when I go out for meals now. That way I not only get my water in, I also save $$$ too. I like saving money. LOL
My diet caffeine free drinks are just treats now and then. When you drink as much water as I do you just don't want pop like I used to.
Andria... it is good to see you back. I am so sorry to hear you have been in a depression. I have been in more of those than I can count. I have also gained weight while here before too, but I wasn't laid up with an injury.... I just plain made the wrong choices. I almost hate to say that even. It was almost like I didn't feel I had a choice... I was compelled to EAT.

I had to finally do as the alcoholics do. Put the plug in the jug.
I had to STOP the carbs for me. Then I had to get my butt in here every chance I had and read , read, and read success stories. I went wherever I found them. I even printed them out so I could read them when I couldn't find any new ones. I focused on women who lost over 100lbs and read what they did to lose their weight. Then I started doing what they did. And in EVERY case... they drank close to a gallon of water a day. They found a food plan that was right for them and FOLLOWED IT. And they got involved in support groups like this one.
Andria... you can do this again too. Don't look at what you have done wrong in the past.
Focus on what you are doing right TODAY. Come in here and TELL US what you are doing right. CLAIM your success. It is here...now...look for it and you will find it again.

Mary... I can tell I am going to be in trouble with you.... We think alike and you have so many good recipes.

Well ladies...as you can see... Someone snuck a snap shot of me at the beach swimming when I wasn't looking. Mary... you better not let you hubby see this... it may get him frisky.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 11-30-2001 at 11:56 PM.
Old 12-01-2001, 09:15 AM   #9  
You and Me in 2003

morning all.
I know it isn't weigh in Wed. but I weighed this morning and I'm down 3 pounds. I weigh 215

Andria: Nice to meet you. Just hang in there. The weight will come back off.

DH and I are going out to eat lunch today. I'll try to be good.
Old 12-01-2001, 03:18 PM   #10  

Default It's Sit-up Saturday !!!!!

What a beautiful day we are having here.
It is 60 degrees and the sun is shining.

I just ate a "legal" meal ... but I ate too much.
You know when you have to sit and let your stomach rest kind of meal.
When will I ever learn "portion control".
I don't feel too bad about it. I drank a lot of water too so that may contribute to my bloated feeling.
Progress not perfection... live and learn.

Mary congratulations on your 3 lbs. WOW that is great.
I hope you enjoy your lunch with DH.

Well today is sit-up Saturday. I thought I would check in and see if everyone is doing there tummy squeeze at the computer.
Squeezeeeee .... hold ..... s l o w release.
Squeezeeeee .... hold ..... s l o w release.

Now don't forget to exercise that mind too.
On the squeeze in think... I AM GETTINGGGGGGG
ON the release out think ... T H I N N E R.
I am getting .... T H I N N E R.

You can vary this my replacing...
I am getting .... wiser
I am getting .... healthier
I am getting .... better.
The possibilities are endlessssssssss.
For those of you who are sneaking off with MY Richie Pooh.. tell him I will be back in January.
Old 12-02-2001, 12:39 PM   #11  

Here it is Sunday and another sunny day.
I babysat the grandkids last night. I LOVE them but was glad when parents came. LOL. I made them french toast for breakfast and that was HARD not eatting any. When I was growning up that was my favorite too.

My hubby and I going for a drive around the lake. I just wanted to stop in here and wish everyone a great day.

Today is Soup and Salad Sunday. I don't have time to post a recipe now since hubby is waiting on me to go the lake but I will when we get home. I am looking forward to seeing all of yours.
Does anyone have any good ones for veggies? (no corn)
Old 12-02-2001, 01:01 PM   #12  
Give Peace A Chance !

Hello gang,

Just thought I'd pop in and see how everyone was doing over here. You all seem to be so serious about your weight loss and I like that. If you let me hang out here a bit maybe I can get some of the motivation you guys seem to have for my weight loss venture. I started my own thread over on Buddy up and we have a nice group of gals there but you guys seem to have something special that I feel will be good for me and organization is a big thing with me and you all appear very organized here. I would like to join you all and lose weight with you too. I started my weight loss journey in June at 325 pounds and I'm down to 280 now. I was doing Atkins but recently changed to a modified version of it . Hope you all don't mind having me post here. I hope you got room for one more.
Old 12-02-2001, 02:03 PM   #13  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Glad to see you all here. I have been behavin' lately and if the WW scale says what my home scale says, tomorrow I will be a happy camper. I have been journalling since Wednesday. I had a slip and fall accident yesterday and bought a bag of those yummy PB cups. Damn if I didn't eat the whole bag!!! But that's ok. Progress, not Perfection! I even journalled them! The scale looked good this morning, so we'll see what it says tomorrow. *fingers crossed*

Mary: Another 3# is great! Keep it up! * I don't eat the pumpkin seeds, I just make them and all of my guys love them. * I'm soooo glad the tornadoes missed you. When I was little one came across our front yard and lifted our orchard stand from by the road and turned it upside down on the driveway, all while mom and I watched from the living room window! YIKES! * That pie sounds great! I will put it on the list to try.

Cowgirl: Glad to have you aboard! 60# is wonderful! Don't worry about how long it takes as long as it's coming off. I have been down and back up again so often that my goal is to get some off and keep it off, no matter how long it takes me. I have been in a bit of a back-slide for about 6 weeks now after almost a year of maintaining the 50#'s I had lost. It was time for a wake up call and that's why I'm back here full time again. I can't make it without these wonderful people!

2cute: Good for you sending all of those left-overs to leftover heaven!! That's the way to do it. * I'm sorry that I don't know much about low-carb. I guess most of my recipes don't help you much. I always thought carbs were potatoes, rice and pasta but apparently there is a whole lot more to it than that!!! I'm looking for veggie recipes for you, but even those have a good deal of carbs in them. What type of veggies do you like? Aren't you the one who didn't eat them at all some time back???* I had a lady some years ago that told me to boil the pumpkin seeds before you bake them. It makes the shell tender enough to eat, instead of having to peel the shells off. So I wash them and put them in a pot. Bring it to a boil and boil until all of the shells are a dark color. Then I spread them on a cookie sheet, cover with low sodium salt and bake at 250 degrees until the shells are light colored again. * Have fun on your drive. It's a beautiful day here too, but DH and oldest son are watching a movie on TV!! YUCK!! No one ever wants to do anything fun around here!!!

Andria: Glad you're back!! Your DH is right. You've been down for 5 weeks and when you've been accustomed to being on the go with the girls and exercising and working there's no way that you wouldn't have a weight-gain when you are sedentary for 5 weeks. Once you get back up and going, you'll have that weight off before you know it.

Tazmani: Welcome to you too! We are very glad to have you joining us. 45#'s is an excellent accomplishment!! * Whereabouts in Michigan are you from? Susie and I are both Michiganders. * I hope that you will be back often. We are kind of a fun group and we love it when new people join us.

Well girls, it's Soup and Salad Sunday so here are my offerings. Mary said "What's for Breakfast?" So the first one I tried this morning for something different. It is from the WW site and just gives WW points, not nutrition info, sorry. It was different and the guys said I could make it again. So I guess it's a keeper.

The second is a veggie recipe 'cuz 2cute asked for one. I have not made this, but it is out of the December issue of Cooking Light. It actually looks pretty good. I may add this to dinner tonight. I looked for something low carb and this has 5.8g. Is that low???

Scrambled Eggs and Cheese Pizza
1 Tbls. all-purpose flour
16 oz. frozen pizza crust dough, thawed
1 1/2 cups FF egg substitute
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
2 oz. ham, lean only, diced

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Sprinkle flour onto a clean, flat surface and roll out pizza dough into a 13" circle; lay dough on a baking sheet or stone. Build up the edges to make a crust and then prick the dough generously with the tines of a fork; bake until light brown, about 15 minutes.
3. While crust is baking, coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Beat egg substitute and milk together in a large bowl; pour into skillet and scramble.
4. Placed scrambled eggs on the pizza crust and sprinkle with cheese and ham; bake until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes. Slice into 8 pieces and serve.

Serves 8
5 WW points per serving

Thinthinker Note: I used Pillsbury refrigerated Pizza dough in the tube, I'm sure it changed the nutrition info, but I didn't realize I had bought the wrong thing until I typed the recipe here. Oops!

Green Beans with Crushed Walnuts
1 1/4 pounds green beans, trimmed
2 teas. butter
2 Tbls. finely crushed walnuts
1/2 teas. salt
1/4 teas. freshly ground whole nutmeg

1. Place beans in a large saucepan of boiling water; cook 5 minutes. Drain
2. Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add walnuts; saute for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add beans, salt and nutmeg; cook for 1 minute.

Yield: 6 servings (serving size 2/3 cup) * 1 WW point per serving
Nutrition Info: 52 calories, 3g fat, 1.8g protein, 5.8g carb, 2.8g fiber, 3mg chol, 0.9mg iron, 213mg sodium, 31mg calc.

Well girls, that's it for me today. You all have a wonderful day. I will talk to you soon. Love to all!

"Life loves to be taken by the lapel and be told; 'I am with you, kid. Let's go.' " - Maya Angelou

Last edited by thinthinker; 12-02-2001 at 02:14 PM.
Old 12-02-2001, 06:16 PM   #14  
You and Me in 2003

Evening all
I've been busy today running errands with my aunt.
DH and I went to Ryans Steak house yesterday but I was pretty good.

I'm going into town tomorrow shopping I need a Sunday dress. I've been going to so many funerals lately I really need another one.

I weighed on my Aunts scales today I think I'll take them away from her. I weigh 211 on hers

I don't have a recipe today. I'll make the pecan pie this week and then I'll send that recipe on to all.

I almost forgot: Welcome Tazmani. This is a great group. They are really helping me.

Last edited by Grannie39074; 12-02-2001 at 06:19 PM.
Old 12-02-2001, 06:25 PM   #15  
Give Peace A Chance !

Thinthinker I am in Detroit. Is that anywhere near either you or Susie?

I just want to be a part of a group of people that are serious about losing weight and not just talking about personal stuff all the time. I think it is good to share that too but the whole thread shouldn't be about that and you guys seem to be able to balance the two very well. I'll be sticking around here for sure.
Closed Thread