Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-10-2006, 10:31 PM   #1  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

Default Frustration.

Hey ladies. I've been a little stuck lately. I've kinda plateaued recently and I'm having a hard time keeping myself from binging on Rainsin Bran and Wheat Chex when I get stressed out. It's funny because I'm not real tempted by cakes or cookies but there's something about breakfast cereals. For the most part, when I binge the foods I eat are within my diet... I just eat a whole lot of them. Could be worse though, right? I could've gained it all back! Still, I need some support to get through this rough spot. I'm competing in a pageant in less than three weeks now so I'm really stressing about my shape. It's definately crunch time now! Literally... heh. So yeah, any words of support would be much appreciated. Thanks ladies <3
lessthansign3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:07 PM   #2  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Make up your mind to stop eating the 'trigger' foods like raisin bran, that seem healthy but are really only good for us in moderation as they are so high in calories. The portion sizes of these types of cereals are so small that they aren't really satisfying and we tend to eat 2 or 3 servings and kid ourselves that it's 'health food' I've found that I just can have these types of foods in the house - I just don't have enough willpower not to over-indulge.

I hope you get off your plateau and start losing again soon. Hang in there - you can do it!
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:13 PM   #3  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

I actually don't normally eat Raisin Bran, but my mom likes it. I've forbidden her from buying it anymore :P But as far as the wheat chex and Cheerios, well, I can't restrict her to eating FiberOne every morning like I do.

Thanks for the support!! I'm going to be cracking the whip for the next few weeks in order to get ready for the pageant anyway. No more snacky foods and more chicken breast, tuna, veggies, and all that good stuff. I wanna look hot in my swimsuit and heels
lessthansign3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 03:44 AM   #4  

You're not gonna lose any weight like that. If you eat too much calories then you wont be able to burn fat.Cereals are good but if you eat them moderately. You wont really get fat with them but you wont lose weight. Why dont you try chewing sugarless gum if you really want something in your mouth? Or you could drink water instead. When I get hunger pangs I just cut an apple in quarters and eat only a quarter with a glass of water to fill my stomach. An apple contains 100 calories so you cant eat too much of that neither. You have to be strict about the amount of calories you eat
Ashraela is offline   Reply With Quote