Old 07-07-2006, 09:49 AM   #1  

Default On Red-too much food help!!

Hi, I'm new. I just joined LAWL at 6 weeks postpartum with my 1st child, Ryan. I joined at 240lbs. on Sat. and am now on Red trying to lose 80 lbs. I never thought I could have this problem but I feel like the program requires me to eat constantly and I feel overfull all the time and can't manage to eat all my food. I usually can't get the last fruit or starch in. (Here's my breakdown: 2.5P, 4V, 3F, 3S, 1D, 1F, 2Lites). Any sugestions? Is it ok to not finish your food? Should I ask for a new plan?

Thanks,
Chrissy
MamaHampton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:53 AM   #2  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

I know it's hard to imagine eating so much but everything is based on current weight and activity level. If you don't get enough calories per day your body will only store what you do get. I would say keep trying and just make sure you eat every 2-3 hours. It's hard at first and goes against everything we "think" dieting should be--not eating. It's a very balanced plan and I think will work for you but you do need to eat what they recommend. I would say give it a month and see what happens--you will probably be pleasantly surprised! Good Luck and congratulations on the new baby.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:58 AM   #3  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I am with Lea Ann, you gotta have it. Try lighter proteins like tuna or cheese, or frozen meals. You will lose faster if you get all of your food in. Seems weird at first, but you will get used to it. Welcome!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:05 AM   #4  
PurpleSunshine

to the boards - I know at first it seems overwhelming - but it works - just try it for awhile - try what Boo said and eat every 2-3 hours - something - and/or try to make you out a plan for the day - that way you can make sure to get everything in ....good luck!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:31 AM   #5  
slowlyshrinking

I agree - you do have to get it all in. I remember fondly my days on Red - the extra half protein, the extra starch!! I did use low sodium V8 juice to get some of my vegetables in, and that seemed to make me less full. Also, I used to try to get a protein and a fruit in for breakfast, and then eat my dairy fairly early in the day, and that helped as well. You do have to get started eating early, though, because if you hold off till later in the morning, you're sunk. They (LAWL) say that eating early starts your metabolism in the morning, so that was my rationale. Good luck!
slowlyshrinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:57 PM   #6  

My suggestion to to pick foods with smaller portion sizes. 9 cherries/15 grapes seem like a lot smaller portion than 3/4 a cup of blueberries. A banana is 2 fruits, or 2 small apples. 1/2 a cup of steamed broccoli instead of a cup of salad greens. I'm really partial to cucumbers and 1/4 is one serving. You may also want to trying drink your fruit and dairy. 1 cup of skim milk is 1 dairy. 1/2 cup (4oz) of fruit juice is 1 fruit. Of course, the things I like the most are the easiest to eat.

Kay
Bowknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 09:05 PM   #7  

Yes, definitely try to get it all in. I was stuck at a weight because I wasn't getting enough food, when I was eating more I lost, so it is important. Once you get in a routine, it will get easier!

Sheila
slecompte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 05:23 PM   #8  
Determined this Time!

S/C/G: 264/236/150

Height: 5'08"

One suggestion - V8 Fusion Juice - 8 oz. counts as 2 veggie and 1 fruit.

I can't fathom not getting enough starch in , but adding your foods together can make you seem less full. Eat your dairy with some baked wheat thins, put peanut butter on rice cakes, etc...

It is so weird to realize that not eating enough can mean you don't gain.

This plan really works if you follow it the way they ask you to.
skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:28 PM   #9  
Losing the Weight!

Welcome. Boy I remember those days, when it felt like all you were doing is eating. It gets better, and just keep telling yourself that if your body doesn't have the right fuel it can't work efficiently and you can't lose weight. It Does work!
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 229/214.6/135

Height: 5'2"

As you lose weight do you decrease what you are eating?
Linda
happycamper4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:14 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycamper4
As you lose weight do you decrease what you are eating?
Linda
Sadly, yes! Depending on what plan you're on, you lose starches, get smaller protein sizes, etc. It can be painful!
stiesta is offline   Reply With Quote