Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 07-07-2006, 11:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/169/130

Height: 5'3"

Talking New bike!

So, I moved from one apartment complex to another about a month ago. Since then I've been a little slack on exercise, mainly because I lovelovelove the stationary bike, and my new complex's gym didn't have one. Excuses, excuses, I know!

Today I was randomly surfing Craig's List and found THIS bad boy:

http://www.megafitness.com/life-cycl...Remanufactured

The best part? It cost me $100! A gym about 20 minutes from me is going out of business, and are selling all of their equipment for cheap.

I can so do this! It's all set up in my office, and I hopped on to give it a test go earlier this evening. I never thought I would be this excited about exercise equipment, ever!
PandyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 12:31 PM   #2  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

That's awesome!!!!!!! Never thought of checking out gyms that are closing or going out of business for equipment! You're so smart!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 01:26 PM   #3  
Wannabe Loser

S/C/G: 210/205/150

Height: 5'9

Thats a really good idea. Craig's list is awesome like that... I found my car there!!! The whole buyer beware thing applys, but sometimes you'll find some really nifty stuff.

I have a similar story for my bike... I was driving to my house once and saw a sign that said "FREE STUFF" and there was a dresser, and some other random stuff.. and an old stationary bike. So I went home, borrowed my mom's SUV, and we got the thing. All it needed was a little oil on the chain, and it was ready to go. Free! I guess the guy was moving out and didn't have the space.

Keep your eyes open, cool stuff can lurk just about anywhere.
jenifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 01:53 PM   #4  

That's awesome!
2CMEAGAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:51 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

That's great, someone at work gave me a treadmill they didn't want anymore, I would love to have a bike as well, but not sure where I would put it, lol. So glad you found something that will work for you!
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/169/130

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the support ladies

Today I biked 11 miles in 1/2 an hour using the 'hill' setting. Oh man, by the end I was just dripping with sweat, but it was so worth it! Even if my legs felt like spaghetti noodles when I got off.
PandyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 12:53 AM   #7  

Height: 5'8.5"

Wow that's fantastic! What a deal! Happy for you.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote