Old 07-10-2006, 04:01 PM   #1  

Default Bacon Jalapeno Poppers

Hello!

My sister-in-law has this great recipe for jalapeno poppers wrapped in bacon. They are sooo good and would be a perfect party snack.

Ingredients:

Jalapeņos-raw
Cream Cheese
Bacon

I don't know exact numbers on how many jalapeņos to get or the carb count...

First you place all your jalapeņos in a deep pot to boil (soften) for 30-45 minutes. If you have a steamer, it might work better.

Next, put on gloves!!!!! These are spicy and can really hurt your eyes, mouth, etc!

Keeping the stem intact, make a lengthwise cut down the center. Remove all seeds.

Cut off a slice of cream cheese and put inside the jalapeno.

Finish by wrapping the cream cheese filled jalapeno with 1 slice of bacon.

When all finished stuffing and wrapping all jalapeņos, place them into a large skillet and cook over medium-medium high heat, flipping to make sure all sides brown and become crispy. Also, place them end side down (end of bacon wrapping) into skillet.

Drain on paper towels and enjoy!
NewMe2282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 04:41 PM   #2  
Aleecia

These are very yummy!
We make them, only we cook them on the BBQ grill.
We cut off the tops, make a hole, fill with cream cheese and then wrap in bacon.
Start them off on the top shelf so that the jalapeno gets soft and then bring down so that the bacon gets crisp.
These were a definite crowd pleaser at our last party.
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/204/170

Height: 5'6

I had these last Saturday at my cousin's house and they are sooooo good!!!! She did them on the grill, but had chicken and chive and onion cream cheese in the jalapeno, and the bacon wrapped around the outside.
Allikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 08:57 AM   #4  
It's 2014, I need help!

S/C/G: 298/298/180

I made these a little while ago, and used Turkey Bacon instead of pork bacon. It tasted excellent, and way less grease!
Megan2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 07:48 PM   #5  
Cute n' curvy.

S/C/G: 270/270/130

Height: 5'3"

OMG, I think I'm going to learn to cook just to make these. Poppers are my fave!
turkeysandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 05:48 PM   #6  

Oh wow!! For some reason I've been cravy poppers maybe it's cause I have some breaded ones in my freezer pre diet. :-) I will have to try these soon!! YUM
slimdownmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 01:57 AM   #7  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

These do sound good. I'm gonna try them with turkey bacon, low-fat cream cheese and made on the grill. I planted jalapenos this year and have fresh ones to use and had no idea what to do with them.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:08 PM   #8  
sarah250

S/C/G: 250/246/170

Wow that sounds soooooo good. I'm new here and I would have never thought of that. I think I'll try that tonight
salsa sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:55 PM   #9  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I made them last fall, and they were so good. Hubby isn't as much of a chile fiend as I am, so I used mild banana peppers for half of them, so he could enjoy them too. I also froze the leftovers.

I read later that cream cheese doesn't always freeze well, but these were fine. They were a little sloppy to reheat in the microwave, but I didn't have any problem with them. I used reduced fat neufchatel (ok, I'm sure I spelled that wrong) from Aldi's. I don't know if that made a difference.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 09:57 AM   #10  

I love them also I was making them quite a bit for a while there. I also like to cook and chop up the bacon mix it with the cream cheese and then put the mixture into the pepper. YUM!
slimdownmomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 02:48 AM   #11  
sarah250

S/C/G: 250/246/170

That sounds sooooo good
Illl have to try that I love spicy foods

I have another good recipe
I forget where I learned this but I just seem to know how to make it

pickled jalapenos halved
creem chees
parmesan chees
eggs

take the jalapenos halves and fill with cream chees
dip in eggs (this is where it gets messsy but its so werth it )
then dip in parmesan chees
make as many as you want and fry in oil of chouse
its juat like the breaded popers
almost better if you ask me
you can also use this to make onion rings
or any of thouse other deep fried things you have missed
give it a try if you like there also good for partys
salsa sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:30 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 360/309/185

Height: 6'1

They're called Armadillos here in TX restaurants.... lol

Another way to do them-

get Jalapeños, core them-cut them in half...
take thin strips of chicken and slices of your favorite block cheese....
then put stack them... Jalapeño, cheese, chicken, cheese, Jalapeño, and wrap with bacon.
bettyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:01 AM   #13  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I've never cooked the jalapenos first, and they come out tender anyway, so I'd suggest at least trying them first without doing so (so you don't have to gas yourself with jalapeno steam if you don't have to).

I've since refined my recipe and have found a wonderful substitute for jalapenos for the chile wimps. Sams Club sells tiny bell peppers (yellow, red, and orange). Very yummy and very mild.

I soften a brick of cream cheese (regular, light or fat free) by removing it from the fridge, removing the wrapper and putting the brick into a ziploc freezer bag (or generic equivalent). When the cream cheese is soft, I add some fat free sour cream and ranch dressing powder, and smush it around in the bag until completely mixed. Then I push all the cream cheese as best I can into one corner and snip off that corner (I now have a pastry bag for piping the cream cheese into the peppers).

Wearing plastic gloves, I half the jalapenos and pull out the seeds and the ribs. I do the same for the little bell peppers (except I don't need the gloves, of course).

I pipe the cream cheese into all the pepper halfs.

I've found that I do not have to wrap the peppers in bacon if I'm not needing them to be finger food.

Instead, I place the peppers on a baking sheet, broiler pan, or glass plate (if I'm going to microwave). Then I cut a piect of bacon just a bit longer than the length of the pepper and lay it on top (sort of like that little piece of fish gets laid on top of a piece of nigiri sushi). So a 2 inch peper, might have a 2.5 inch piece of bacon on it. I often use slices of shaved ham instead of the bacon.

Then I broil or microwave until the bacon or ham is more crispy than not. This varies so much that I can only say keep a very close eye on them.

Now these have to be scooped onto a plate and eaten with a knife and fork rather than picked up, but they're really good. I like the jalapenos alot, but the bell peppers have such wonderful flavor that I no longer consider them an inferior substitute for the jalapenos. They're just as delicious in their own right (and the perfect solution, for me is to make and eat both).

Last edited by kaplods; 07-14-2008 at 11:03 AM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote