Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 02:48 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Core Board Chat #48

It IS #48, isn't it? Hmm ... maybe I should have checked more closely.
Old 07-03-2006, 03:55 PM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Saundra, Cameo loved my other Scottie MacDuff but HATES Cassie. Hard to blame her since Cassie wants to hunt her and eat her like prey! Cameo gets the upstairs to the 3 step ranch and Cassie gets the downstairs. I feel bad that Cameo gets lonely sometimes so I try to go up and spend quality time with her. I hope you're enjoying your solitude. I love the hairstyle. Is your hair naturally curly? It seems like that style would be hard to manage with curly hair. I had a bubble bath too today. I laid in there and read a couple of magazines. Life was good until I fell asleep and snorted some water! Note to file. The tub is NOT such a good place to nap. I hope nothing is seriously wrong with Bernie's knee. That would be awful. Keep us posted.

Melissa, I'm not going to Sam's Club today. I decided it was insane to go on the day before a major holiday. I am going to Bath and Body though because the big sale is over on Sunday. Enjoy your Aunt and Aaron. I always figure one never knows how long people will be around. I've unexpectedly lost people close to me so I'm a little on the paranoid side! Good that you got back up on the wagon so quickly. Don't forget, if you had points to cover it then it's not OFF the wagon!

Niki, good to hear from you. What a great setup in your yard. It's nice when you have neighbors that you get along with!

Kathy, Bindy has quite the life! Cassie lays on her back but not on her back AND on the couch. Of course, if she wanted to do it....I'd let her! I'm ok in the eating department today but I learned that tomorrow is going to be hard. The Niece is having a chocolate fountain which she is testing because she wants to know whether or not to also have it for Sarah's christening on the 9th. Sigh! I'm late with TOM and there will be a chocolate fountain. For God's sake.......

I have to go dry my hair and get dressed. We have to leave for PT at 3:40.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:17 PM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

I finished making the ww pasta salad with FF miracle whip and also made the lemon pop cake. I'm all set for tomorrow. There will be sirloin burgers and I'll bring some FF cheese. I'm looking forward to it!
Old 07-03-2006, 04:17 PM   #4  
Melissa

New pages!

Vickie, thanks for the reminder that I'm not completely off-plan. Bless your heart...TOM and a chocolate fountain? I would be in serious trouble. I need to go find the lemon cake recipe. You've done a great job getting set for tomorrow.

I think DH and I might go to Chili's for dinner, and I need to pick up a bday gift for my gf. I hope that you all have a great evening!
Old 07-03-2006, 04:17 PM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, maybe we should have a weekly chat board.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:19 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Vickie, glad that you enjoyed your bath. I've fallen asleep in one too, but didn't go under. I'm snacking on a blueberry corn muffin. I used the vanilla pudding and only had pinapple/apple cups, which were fine. They are really nice. I found that they did rise, and were a good size. I'm having a cold glass of milk with it.
I thought that the do would be good for my natural curl. I'll bring the pic in when I go on Thursday, and see what my gal thinks. It is the length that I want.
Bernie's shift changed and he'll be home by 6:30. He doesn't want to see the doctor yet, and promises not to try to run until he feels 100%. We're going away on Friday, so that will be three days of R&R.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:43 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

hi there, chickies. i've been cleaning bathrooms. they aren't quite vickie-clean, but they are sparkling quite a bit. i need sunglasses.

vickie, i don't know about the poppyseeds. i guess they would be good in the cake. let us know if you try it that way and what you think.

kathy, sounds like you had a good time with family and friends. i wish you wouldn't weigh in the evenings. that seems to keep upsetting you. however, i know how addictive the old iron monster can be and understand your hopping on those scales.

melissa, have you decided what your fun exercise will be? do you and aaron have bikes? just wondering.

frouf, i'm sorry you're depressed. holidays do that to me sometimes. i think just because they are holidays with added stress. my cardiologist told me that any kind of stress is hard on the body whether it be good or bad, and your mil certainly provided some stress. seems i zero in on being overweight more during festive times. maybe it's because we're around more family or maybe it's just because there's more food and i feel guilty. i hope you're feeling more the perky froufie that we all know and love.

vickie, curtis and i went to costco today and got some fresh blueberries that look awesome. i didn't notice where they are from. we ate at subway the other day. had the new tuscan chicken sub. it wasn't core, but it was really really good. today i had a huge core tossed salad for lunch. my friend and i are meeting tonight for water aerobics. i read where you did some water exercises in the pool yesterday. don't you feel proud of yourself? i'll bet you had fun, too. that's an adorable kitty. i am more of a cat person than a dog person. i always had a cat till curtis and i got together. he's allergic plus we travel a lot. so? no pets except for the roses.

thank you saundra. i catch myself telling other shooters what to do (like where to stand, etc...) when we're at the indoor archery range. i usually tell them i'm a retired teacher and can't help being bossy. i'll bet all your shopping is helping you stay in shape. did you find a place for water aerobics? a bubble bath sounds heavenly. i know you enjoyed yours. i like the haircut.

i'm sorry bernie is now among the gimps. i hope he gets some much needed help and is back to jogging soon.

nikki, sounds like you're doing a lot of fun stuff. makes me smile.

melissa, stay on that wagon. you don't want to get run over. remember that scenic journey does eventually get where it's going.

kathy, you are a hoot. you know what? i have tread marks on me from where the wagon ran me down.

it's time for me to head to the menu thread. have a great day, all.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:47 PM   #8  

Oh Sandra, I wasn't being critical. I just think that you articulate so well. Now, I feel awful.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:50 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

oh, saundra, i never thought you were being critical. i loved it! i'm sorry you thought i was upset. i wasn't upset at all. i was smiling the whole time i read what you typed. it made me feel good.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:07 PM   #10  

Okay hon, now we're both smiling. Sandra and Saundra
Old 07-03-2006, 06:41 PM   #11  
Paula

Good evening everyone (good morning for me ) Craig just left for work so I am spending the evening pricing yard sale junk and packing a few things. I will be so glad to at least have the yard sale over with so I will have more room to put some boxes! We are going to the new house tomorrow afternoon to steam clean the carpets, clean the bathroom, cabinets, refrig and stove to my standards. They all look clean but I have to do it myself to know it really is. It should be ok though since we don't have to move any furniture to do the carpets and the refrig is empty!!
We are going to my parents for a BBQ afterwards. They live in North Asheville and we will be about 10 miles north of them. We have to pass the exit to their house to go to our new one.
I hope you all have a great 4th. I better go start pricing
Old 07-03-2006, 07:22 PM   #12  

Glad we're all smiling now!

Judd's out grilling (actually talking to his dad -- his parents are in Montana visiting his sister) and I'm done with the inside cooking. Now we're just giving the oven fries a little more time before putting the fish on the grill.

I'm tired for some reason but it's probably just because being off for so many days in a row means I do extra stuff around the house. Ordinarily when I get home at night I'm too tired to do a whole lot. Being home all day, I find myself constantly working. At least I'm keeping busy.

Off to fold more clothes. Sandra, I promise not to get on the scale tonight and if I do, I promise not to get upset about it. I was back to 146 this morning but it's still 2 over where I was just a few days ago. Maybe being home all day isn't such a good thing after all!
Old 07-03-2006, 08:02 PM   #13  
focused and aiming

paula, you sound excited. i'm glad you'll be living near family.

kathy, grilled fish and oven fries sound good. i am proud of you for getting to your goal. you're doing a very good job at staying there, too. i'm tired today, too. it may be the heat. i wish it were cool up here now so your parents could enjoy the weather. it's 90ish.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:47 PM   #14  

I have no doubt I'll be staying 144-146 forever (or lower). I have to be at a weight for several months before it sticks and becomes the new default. It's like my body is struggling to get to 148 now since that's where it was for so long.

Judd is wanting some ice cream so I guess I'll go get him some. He wants it from Dairy Queen but that's a long way away; I think I can talk him into Sonic instead. None for me, thanks.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:49 PM   #15  

We had a couple of episodes of rain, and it really cooled off tonight. Dinner was excellent and I loved having it all ready. I just sliced up some pickles and tomatoes.

Bernie and I went to emergency, and he was told it is a pulled muscle, not a knee problem. The doctor said to stay off it for at least a week. They were surprised at the hospital, cause Bernie hadn't been there since 1988. Thank God he's done well and it's nothing serious.

Now, it's time for everyone to rest up for your big day tomorrow. Hope you have a fun 4th!
Closed Thread