Old 07-10-2006, 06:34 AM   #1  

Default STOP THE INSANITY Labor Day Weekly Challenge #12 - Take on the Top 10!

Join us and STOP THE INSANITY of . . . Eating what you want and exercising when you feel like it week in and week out and expecting to see results! It's time to stop yackin' and take action. Our Labor Day Challenge is to master completing weekly goals including goals from our Top 10 Weight Loss Tips:

1. GET OUT OF BED!

2. Have a daily little planning/pep rally - Plan meals and exercise ahead of time.

3. Move 30 min daily exercise 4 - 6 days/week (ANY exercise is better than none)

4. Drink H2O (8 glasses or use a weight/water ratio calculator) - Limit Alcohol and caloric beverages

5. Eat breakfast.

6. Eat some veggies and fruit everyday

7. Avoid processed/fast foods. Limit grain products to 5 servings or less

8. Keep binge foods out of the house – Keep healthy emergency snacks in the car

9. Keep a food journal and Post results daily (3fc!)

10. Complete your last meal by 8 p.m.

11. Bonus Tip - GO TO BED!! Get adequate sleep!

Each Monday we will post our weights and declare our promises for the week (include something from the TT List. We will support each other by staying focussed on our successes and encourage each other when challenged to triumph over challenges and we will be victorious come Labor Day!

mscat
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/249/150

Height: 5' 7

Question 5 grains..is that a week???

just wanted to be clear on that.. don't think i could do that one.. but i am going to limit them where it pertains to not 100% whole wheat ... thanks..Kim
slimkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:00 AM   #3  

Default Mornin' Ladies

I hope you like the Top 10 (plus 1) List - It is made of up tips from everyone who contributed. Diana (Chic) gave us the 5 servings or less of grains. She can confirm, but I agree with Bonnie that it applies to daily intake!
I did 6 of 7 days of exercise last week and approximately 4 - 5 days each of staying OP and getting my water in. I forgot (conveniently) to weigh in today. Will post it by tomorrow.

My goals for this week are:

#3 Exericise 4 - 6 days a week
#4 Drink 64 oz of water min each day
#9 Food Journaling - tracking my WW points each day!
Kim All of these tips are general - modify any of them to fit your needs. Any restriction in grains, especially white processed foods is going to make a difference. Go for it

Bonnie - Hang in there for the next 4 days and then have a great trip!

mscat
Old 07-10-2006, 12:59 PM   #4  
My reward...

S/C/G: 272/270/220

Height: 6'3"

Hey everybody!
My goals are:
#1 Getting out of Bed
#4 Drink 64 oz of water min each day (done for today!)
#9 Food Journaling - tracking my WW points each day! This is the hardest, I can't get through to myself that keeping track in my head doesn't work!
Good week to all!
TryinAgain5402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:20 AM   #5  
dgpebbles

well no lose for me last week still the same .....I guess my pigging out on the 4th really hurt me...

my goals this week
#3 exercise 4-6 days (this will be hard)
#4 drink 64oz water daily(I think I've got this one down)
#6 eat fruits and veggies daily(need to work on this too)
#9 post on here daily(need to post daily for support and motivation)

Bonnie -have a great trip..sounds like loads of fun
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:36 PM   #6  

Default Lost my post

I don't know what happened but my post was lost from yesterday I have been 3 days in a room with my exercise. I am in Houston for my brother's 4th wedding and I plan to eat healthy, track points, and walk a little bit everyday.

Donna - no loss is a win in this game - better than gaining anyday!

Tryin' - you are my WW buddy! I going to be on your heels tryin' to keep up with tracking everyday!

Love you

mscat
Old 07-13-2006, 01:59 PM   #7  
Friend to Little Doggies

S/C/G: 145/143/120

Height: 5'1"

Back--after the move from **** and the start of the new job...

Yep--that's 5 grains Daily for the intake.

I've managed to stay at my starting weight through it all and have a mini goal to just get below 140# by my birthday. This WILL happen come **** or high water!!!

I started the 12 week Body for Life Challenge for Women and am on Day 2. It's got daily cardio and weights and a strict eating regimen. [Four carbs daily, only 2 of them grains!!!] I'll post how it goes. Got my workouts in yesterday and today and eating on track. I think I have the sand to do it--I got pissed this weekend and felt it was time to make this a priority, in a big way.

So, onward!

DIana
ChicCityChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:11 PM   #8  

Hi all, sorry for my silence. All is well, just busy and finding it difficult to be productive evenings while being BLASTED every evening by a poorly located Bluesfest stage. Also spending a lot of time calling in noise complaints, chatting with by-law enforcement officers, b****ing to fellow sufferers... The nightmare ends for me after tomorrow night as I'll be away at a beautiful resort - for work, no less! My neighbours will be in **** all weekend.

I didn't pick a tip for the week, but I've continued with the running program, slowly but surely. So far no foot problems, and fingers remain firmly crossed. Toes too.

I had a lovely day - delivered an old tv to a friend's cottage. It's a 2 hour drive each way, but I had a lovely visit, spent a good two hours swimming (first time this year), and even managed to arrive at her place just when an old friend had dropped by. Also lovely: he's about 70, in incredible shape, madly in love, and about to remarry after 35 years playing the field! AND he helped lug the tv indoors, so he was happy AND useful. I had almost forgotten what a water baby I am. Swimming in a nice clean cold Canadian lake is amazingly delicious and healing. The water is so totally restorative, I'll have to get out more often. We're incredibly lucky here: there are public beaches on beautiful small lakes within a 20-min drive of the city. I just have to remember to get out there.

My apologies for no individual messages...

Bye for now
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 08:27 AM   #9  
dgpebbles

Well I'm doing doing very weel on my goals for this week...I've missed getting in my water for one day..I haven't posted on here since tuesday...I haven't gotten in any exercise...but I have had atleast 2 serving of fruits or veggies everyday...Also I have been staying OP all week...no cheating yet and the scale looks like its moving again..

I've got to go to work now ..I'll try to get on later tonight
Old 07-14-2006, 09:43 AM   #10  
Friend to Little Doggies

FRIDAY!!!

On plan here. Cardio 30 min today. Last night's "save" was a bit of roasted chicken hot from the deli [we have al night ones here] and another bottle of water.

Wishing everyone a "Stay-On-Track" weekend!!!

Diana
Old 07-17-2006, 07:53 AM   #11  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Hi Ladies

Sorry I didn't post last weekend like I had promised. This past week was a blur, and I didn't put much effort into keeping track of anything, so there isn't much to report.
Still around 60-60.5 kgs (around 134 lbs), which I'm currently quite happy with given the recent excursions to the "chocolate corner" of the cupboard which have taken place in the last while.

This week I'll continue working on my goal of drinking 3 full 600 ml bottles of water daily.

Good luck to everyone and talk to you soon!
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 08:10 PM   #12  
Friend to Little Doggies

Day 6 of 84--2 pounds down this Monday Weigh In....

Still on track!

Diana
Old 07-17-2006, 09:30 PM   #13  
dgpebbles

well I didn't do very well on all my goals but I was down 2.4lbs today...I'm going to stick to the same goals again this week...maybe I can manage it this time..
Old 07-18-2006, 08:36 AM   #14  
My reward...

S/C/G: 272/270/220

Height: 6'3"

This has been the summer from ****! Floods, heat waves and heart attacks (hubby) - I'm just waiting on the locust to arrive anyday now!
Weight stayed the same - I'll take it, no gain. No workouts most of the week, but have gone the last four days for both cardio and weights. Its a good hurt, because I know it's working - shopping that closet for new things to wear!
I'm going for the same goals this week:
#1 Getting out of Bed
#4 Drink 64 oz of water min each day
#9 Food Journaling - tracking my WW points each day - lost track last week, but I'm back!
Congrats Donna & Diana on the loss - you're getting so close!
mscat - hope you made it through the wedding unscathed - how do you not eat big at a wedding!
TryinAgain5402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 11:00 PM   #15  
dgpebbles

so far this week is good..I even made it to the gym tonight..got in all my water plus some...I need to work more on eating more fruits and veggies...I'm getting in some daily but not alot...

hope everyone else's week started off good too..

Diana-congrats on the loss this week