Old 07-09-2006, 04:10 PM   #1  

Unhappy Can you get any money back if you quit??

Hi, I joined and signed up to have them take money out of my checking to pay the balance. I signed up quickly without really thinking about the amount I was spending and now I'm wondering if I quit if they will give me any of my money back? Has anyone ever explored the avenue of quiting. I've been on for 1 week and honestly I don't really think the program is for me. I just had a baby and am running around like a nut and I just don't think it fits me right now. I don't care if it is even just a little back. Just wondering if anyone knew if they will refund you at all? Thanks.

Chrissy
MamaHampton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 09:56 PM   #2  
Princess Heather

Chrissy....
I think unless you have a medical reason for not doing the program you are going to have a hard time getting any money back. I tried early on when I thought I couldn't do this...and they weren't willing to do that. Good luck!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Hi i never found out about quitting but if you told them that you were just too busy with the baby right now they might put your plan on hold until you are ready but i'm not sure about getting your money back. I think there i was something on the contract about not getting your money back if you bought the lites for the entire plan so maybe you can check your contract. Did you buy the lite? my COD told me when i joined that if i decided not to come back at any point to come & pick up my lites at least because i wont get refunded for them.

If this helps any, LAWL does work. Goodluck.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:49 PM   #4  

I didn't buy the lites at all yet. I'm willing to take the loss if I can't get my money back, but I want to make sure that they can't charge me anymore for quiting. I have it set up to autodebit my checking once a month for 4 months to pay the balance. I'm just wondering if they will take it all at once if I quit or if it will still come out as scheduled?
Old 07-10-2006, 01:34 AM   #5  

I believe that you can cancel after 3 days on the contract but after that they won't refund.They should take the payments out as scheduled because that's what you agreed on.Like Debbie said I would ask if you can pick up at a later date because of you situations,It's to expensive to just throw away and it does work.
greycrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:06 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I agree that most likely your contract falls under the 3 day contract rule, and they are entitled to the payment after that time period is up.

I would also ask them about putting your program on hold-because maybe you can start it in 2 months, 4 months, 6 months-whatever-once the baby is sleeping longer and you are used to your new routine. As far as if the payment is going to be taken in bulk or in payments-that is something that you have to ask your particular center. If you talked to them about keeping the payment in the installments as planned, and just putting you "on hold" right now...I don't see where that would be a problem. I would just hate to see you throw your money away entirely-because a few months from now you might be ready for it.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:26 AM   #7  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

If you don't have any luck with your particular center I would call the main office 1-877-LA-HELP1--they are very helpful when needed. If you are going to be out your $$ anyway I say definitely put your account on hold and try again later when life isn't so hectic--once you get into the routine it's a good program with lots of success. Good Luck.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:44 AM   #8  

I went today and my center was really nice to me. I really don't want to do this program, it's not for me. I'm going to go to WW. I've had great sucess with them before. My center refunded all but the $150 joining fee which I was fine with. They said if I ever want to come back, not to feel embarrased. Thanks for all of your comments and support. I'll be over on the WW board. Good luck with all of your weight loss!!!

Chrissy