Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-09-2006, 02:15 PM   #1  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Default Stomach Bulge

Ok, will it ever go away???? I've been doing Cardio and in the 8 months since I've been working out and eating healthy. not only have I only lost 10 Lb's, but My stomach bulge HASN'T BUDGED!!!!! I'm so frustrated! Any suggestions to jumpstart the process????
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I lost nearly 70 lbs, I'm a size 6 and I still have a round tummy. Apart from targeted surgery, there is no way to spot reduce.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/142/130

I have lost 20 pounds, and I have gone from a size 14 to 10. But I can still wear my 14's, because my stomach hasn't lost that much. I have lost in the hips and legs, which allows me to get in the smaller size, if the pants are a lower cut. But this stomach bulge does keep hanging on! I'm hoping that if I reach my goal of another 10 pounds lost, that most of it will come from my stomach.
spunky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:43 PM   #4  
mom2cole

My stomach bulge is still hanging out but with two boys in two years and both were c-sections I don't think I have much choice about it. I have lost 15lbs but is does get smaller just not as toned as I would like, I think since I am losing in my butt, legs, and thighs my stomach is more noticeable now.
mom2cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 05:02 PM   #5  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

You're not going to get the 16 year old tummy. Don't even try it. But you CAN firm up that area by practicing on exercise to tone the abs. And generally, it's often the last place you will lose from. So don't expect it to shrink until the last 5 or 10 pounds come off. If you weren't really overweight, have never been pregnant, and are still fairly young with more elasticity to your skin, you may get a a quasi-16 yo tummy. But unless you're 16, fahget about it.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 06:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 242/223.2/135

Try yoga. From what I understand it's cortisol that is responsible for belly fat. Cortisol is something that comes from stress. Yoga should help with that.
amberzade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 09:00 PM   #7  
Workin' My *** Off!

Thanks for all the suggestions!
Old 07-10-2006, 10:38 AM   #8  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I just recently met my goal weight and my tummy isn't completely flat. It never will be. I have had 2 kids and multiple surgeries on my abdomen. I can't do abdominal exercises. I did notice that the closer to goal that I got, the more my tummy went down . It did seem like the tummy and boobs were the very last places that I lost weight.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:43 AM   #9  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

In my experience, the AB LOUNGER is a totally awesome ab workout. It's the only way that I work my abs without hurting my back or getting too bored. Ab work is the hardest of all work-outs, but it needs to be done. There's more benefits to having a flat tummy than just looking good. But suffice it to say: I LOVE MY AB LOUNGER! Woo hoo!!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 12:46 PM   #10  
Workin' My *** Off!

I had a surgery on my abdomen, in February....maybe my body's just not ready for that yet.... I find it hard to do ab exercises (crunches, sit-ups, etc) and often afterwards I'm in so much pain...that can't be good! I just hate that it's so flabby...oh well....
Old 07-10-2006, 03:25 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Mickey
I had a surgery on my abdomen, in February....maybe my body's just not ready for that yet.... I find it hard to do ab exercises (crunches, sit-ups, etc) and often afterwards I'm in so much pain...that can't be good! I just hate that it's so flabby...oh well....
The problem is that you cannot spot reduce fat. Even if you did a range of ab workouts throughout the week, you will only tone the muscle underneath - it may help some and take off inches. But often, people who have been overweight and then reach their weight loss goal won't ever have the "perfect" body without surgery.
If you really work at it and the ab flab won't move, then liposuction might be the only alternative if you don't want to be stuck with it.
buckettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote