Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-07-2006, 07:59 PM   #1  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

Default Who doesn't count or weigh????

There are lots of ways to manage weight safely. I think many people prefer to count calories or points or weigh portions. It's fairly easy to find like minded people if this is your plan.

MaryL recently posted thread looking for Buddies who don't count. So it prompted me to wonder how many of us are in 3FC..

So raise your hand if you don't count calories, points, or weigh food portions.

Counting exercise... that is a different story!! I gotta count that.
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 08:30 PM   #2  
The Beauty of Balance

Just raising my hand.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:36 PM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Raising my hand too.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 01:17 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Another hand going up.

And ya I do count exercise.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 07:49 AM   #5  

Height: 5'9

I don't!!!
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 08:14 AM   #6  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Another hand going up.

I definitely count exercise though. I count minutes and I count distance. I'd count steps as well if I had a reliable pedometer.

Zelma
ZedAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 12:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/180/120

Height: 5'4"

I'm trying to cut out junk and make healthier choices. I HATE counting but I do keep a rough estimate in my head.

Zelma, WOW!!!!! You look like a completely different person (both beautiful ). Congratulations on your weight loss!!!!!!!!!
Idrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 12:28 PM   #8  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by cemetarysiren25
I don't!!!
Holy moly! 126 pounds.

I'm severely impressed

Did you lose your weight by never counting or do you just no longer count now that you're at your goal?
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 06:51 PM   #9  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

I don't!

I make smaller portions and guesstimate which I know is super bad and not accurate but I'm too lazy and stubborn to get out a weigh scale and weigh urrrthing. Blah. Kudos to those who do.

I count exercise and underestimate calories burned so I know I have to control my eating.

I try to cut out junk (oooh, turkey hotdogs) and focus on eating less rice and more veggies, fruits and milk. Good stuff. Plus, some chicken.
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 10:19 PM   #10  
The Beauty of Balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLV
Holy moly! 126 pounds.

I'm severely impressed

Did you lose your weight by never counting or do you just no longer count now that you're at your goal?
I'd like to know too!! Wow.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:36 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 258/218/169

Height: 5'9"

No counting here.

I do keep track of exercise though. I put an x on every day that I exercise and try to fill up as many days as I can each month.
Shrinking Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 10:44 PM   #12  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I'm semi- watching calories being so close to goal and harder to get the last few off, but I don't strictly adhere to them. I just partly add them in my head. I used to measure my food to get a good idea on portion sizes...cause I had no clue. But after doing it for so long, I now have a good idea of what proper portions are without needing to resort to measuring. I just take a best guesstimate. I stopped putting stuff into Fitday long ago...no time for it anymore. I'm just careful about what I eat, making sure it's healthy.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 11:26 PM   #13  

I don't really count calories, althoughI do look at the labels and then decide if it's worth the cals. This is something I guess I never really did before, because I was amazed at the high calories of a lot of things I used to eat a lot of and the low calories of most fruits and veggies.
newsnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 12:48 AM   #14  

Height: 5'8.5"

Oh I should clarify... I am definitely AWARE of the calories I eat and the nutritional value, etc. I just don't log stuff, journal and all that. I KNOW that celery is better than chocolate, etc.

You CAN eat healthful foods, exercise and lose weight without writing down everything and all that. But you DO need to be aware of what IS and is not healthful... not eat junk and all that.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 01:37 AM   #15  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle
Oh I should clarify... I am definitely AWARE of the calories I eat and the nutritional value, etc. I just don't log stuff, journal and all that. I KNOW that celery is better than chocolate, etc.

You CAN eat healthful foods, exercise and lose weight without writing down everything and all that. But you DO need to be aware of what IS and is not healthful... not eat junk and all that.
Yes, and even with the healthful stuff, you have to watch portions. Healthy food has calories too.

No, I'm not saying you're gonna get fat eating baby carrots or celery sticks. I highly doubt that's possible, since celery, especially, has very little calories. But I mean things like baked fish, chicken breast, many types of veggies, things like that. The calories add up and they add up quick. I found that I lost weight way too slowly (meaning it took forever just to lose one pound) when I did the "as long as I eat healthy and exercise, the weight will come off" thing.

I tried going without logging for a while, but I can't do it. I found myself using the "well if I'm not logging it, it doesn't count" excuse. Or, "it's a perfectly healthy food, it's not going to put weight on me."

I wanted to try not logging just to see if I was comfortable with it and if it would work for ME. And it doesn't, unfortunately. Everyone is different, I suppose
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote