Old 07-06-2006, 11:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 221/218/150

Height: 5'6''

Default SAHM's thread?

Hey all!

I am back after two years. I never lost the weight, and I am here because I am trying (again) but this time with a real game plan. I am joining WW next week with a very supportive friend.

Anyways, when I visited this site I used to visit a thread of fun gals who were all SAHMs (Stay at Home Moms) and later they changed it to "desperate housewives". It seemed like a popular thread, and even though those ladies have probably lost their weight and moved on, I figured the thread would have stayed around. Any ideas? Do you guys have any suggestions for a woman like myself to feel at home as far as a group goes.

I am 25, mommy to my 2 y/o son, married about five years, we're active in church, and we love to just hang out with our family and friends. I like scrapbooking, music, and the outdoors. Any suggestions are welcome! :-)

Thanks!!
bluestarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:57 PM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

It's great that you have a friend to do WW with. Good luck and best wishes for your success. It looks like there is a lot of support in the WW room.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:32 AM   #3  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

If there's not one, how about we start one? I'm 34, with two boys 14 years and 4 months.
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:06 AM   #4  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

or just jump in on any thread and we'll make you feel as welcome as you did two years ago! Don't feel like you *have* to start a new thread. I have a pretty flexible (read: don't work too much) job and I feel kinda out of it when people talk about their 12 hour days when mine's MUCH shorter than that but whatever, it's all about support and being there for each other.
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/174.6/140

Height: 5'8"

I'm a SAHM that has been on WW since mid-May. I've lost 27 lbs so far with 48 to go. I think you'll enjoy WW because it's family friendly and you don't have to deny yourself the things you like to eat. You just find improved versions of your favorite foods. It's great that you're joining with a friend. Always set aside ME time so that you can plan how you want your week to go that way you don't feel overwhelmed by the changes you are making. Would love to swap email addy's if your interested.
WyattsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 04:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

This is the general support section of 3FC.

If you ladies are interested in having a "group" thread for SAHM's, then I will go ahead and move this thread over into the "Support Groups" section.

Good luck!
Aphil
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote