Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-07-2006, 10:38 AM   #1  
Becoming Maggie

S/C/G: 225/219/130

Height: 5"3"

Default Which size should I keep?

I went shopping yesterday for the first time in a long time. I have been putting off buying anything new even though the 18's I had been wearing (some of which were baggy to start with)are either falling apart or falling off of me. So, I'm at the store and grabbed 16's and 14's. We couldn't find the dressing rooms so I took them home to try on. The 16's fit and I can even button the 14's. Not sure which ones to keep and which to take back.

Should I be optimistic and buy the 14's or safe and keep the 16's. Or, lol, just take them all back and wait for 12s to fit? Money is very tight around our house so I may not have a chance to buy anything else ina few weeks.
beforeim35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:41 AM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

By all means, keep the 14's . The 16's will be too big real soon. While I was losing the weight, I bought mine tight each time and soon they were loose and then too big. I bought some things at consignment shops to save money and because I knew that I wouldn't be able to wear them for long.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:45 AM   #3  
In it for life!

I'd keep the 14s.
LindaB763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:48 AM   #4  
~sexy chicka~

S/C/G: 265/185/165 5'5"

I will only buy new pants in the snuggliest size that I can button and zip (or almost button and zip).

Otherwise, I buy at our local thrift store. I buy mostly 14s now, though I still wear a 16 or two depending on cut and fit. They let you clothes that still have tags attached (if I shrink too fast), and they buy back clothes you have worn and shrunk out of.

I can't tell you how many times I buy a couple pairs of pants and return half of them within a month or two.

Plus, everything is WAY cheaper than buying new. I save my 'new' money for something that really fits well - like my brand new pair of size 14 button fly booty-pants
Cardiomonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 218/198/145

Height: 5'5

you could always go to freecycle if u go to www.freecycle.com put in your area and join a few of the groups in your area you can post things u no longer want or need & it keeps things out of landfills & you can posts want's I have recived clothes for my daughter & household items all in good working condiotion some new stuff. It is free & the people are really nice! you have to jump on the stuff fast if you see offers because they are gone quick ...they also have cheap cycle were u can sell things for cheap and buy them for really cheap!! I hope this helps!!!
mizz186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I go thru this all the time now. It's better than the old problem of nothing fit!

I'd keep the 14s if it's not too big a stretch for you to see yourself in them. If you have to wait 3 months to wear them then it might not be a good idea, but if you're losing steadily and they just fit now, I'd keep those.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:31 PM   #7  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Definitely keep the 14s! I recently went through this myself with a jacket. I ended up keeping the smaller size and now, just over a month later, I'm really glad I did because it's starting to feel a little loose. I would have gotten only one wear out of the larger jacket. You'll fit into the 14s in no time.

I also wouldn't return both and wait to fit into a 12. It's important to have clothes that fit and look good. I'm at the point where almost everything in my wardrobe is too big again and I think it is really impacting how I feel about myself. I don't look good in my clothes so I don't feel good.

- Barbara
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:45 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueToBlue
I also wouldn't return both and wait to fit into a 12. It's important to have clothes that fit and look good. I'm at the point where almost everything in my wardrobe is too big again and I think it is really impacting how I feel about myself. I don't look good in my clothes so I don't feel good.
It's a delicate balance, isn't it??

I agree that having flattering clothes is great, but I also run the risk of not getting much wear out of something before it goes from great! to big! I mean, it's nice and all, but I feel I have to make careful choices.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 12:48 PM   #9  
hara hachi bu

Definitely go as small as you can. I do thrift, too. Save TONS of money, at least until I'm at goal.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:07 PM   #10  
Beth

S/C/G: 200/147/130

Yep, I do thrift as well and even ask a few of my friends or family if they have a pair of such size and if they wear them. Alot of times I get bags of cloths they do not wear in that size anymore

Also wanted to mention. WAY TO GO~~ Keep up the great work.

When you have cloths that are tight on you, I find that I watch more of what I eat. When my cloths are lose I have this feeling I can eat what I want.
azul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:45 PM   #11  
Becoming Maggie

S/C/G: 225/219/130

Height: 5"3"

Well, so I decided to keep one pair of the 14s. They were only $8 new so not a big deal anyway. Then on my way home from the gym I stopped a a few garage sales and found one with a bunch of jeans in size 15 (what is a size 15 anyway?). Got them home and tried them on---well I may need another 10 lb loss to wear them but at least I have them in reserve. It was like Christmas having different clothes to wear. I think I am garage saleing it through the summer!!!
beforeim35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:55 PM   #12  
the blond one

S/C/G: 198/126.4/121

Height: 5' 1.5"

Junior clothes are done in odd sizes...so it's probably a 14 or loose 12 in womens as Junior clothing doesn't account for hips so you go up a size.
start8 is offline   Reply With Quote