Old 07-03-2006, 03:57 PM   #1  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Default Gettin' Together -- July 2006

So, where is everyone? Off work and enjoying a 4-day weekend? We've had plans every day this weekend. I told Howie I am going to crash come Wednesday.
Attached Images
File Type: gif ani-firework.gif (37.3 KB, 13 views)
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:53 PM   #2  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

4-day weekend? What's that? I went in to worl today from 7-11:30, and I worked from home last night for a few hours. I still have some stuff I need to have done before Thursday, and I'm going to probably work on it tonight or tomorrow since it seems everyone in the office has been coming to me with random projects lately, so I don't always get to work on what I originally planned

My interview went kinda icky--the lady interviewing me seemed sort of, hmm, abrasive. She wasn't mean or anything, but the way she would bark a question and then just stare at me--it was kinda creepy. I do have another interview this coming Thursday. Apparently, the company currently has no proposal-writing department, so the HR, operations, and admin staff have been putting proposals together, which can be a dangerous thing! I guess they're growing so much that they're finally ready to hire a designated proposal coordinator to pull things together and make sure everyone's pieces flow well and do a final edit before submission. It sounds perfect, but I'm not sure I have all the proposal background they're looking for. We shall see...
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 05:05 PM   #3  
Howie6267's Honey

Is the abrasive barker someone you'd be working closely with? Maybe it is her interviewing style...Scare 'em. LOL
Old 07-06-2006, 10:42 AM   #4  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hi gals--back from vacation!

We had a good time at the Formula One race, although it got boring in the middle of it. It's kind of hard when the same guy has won it five times in a row!

I was also able to visit family and friends. And with those visits, of course, came FOOD--and lots of it. I've put on a few pounds, but I'm hoping it's mostly water and can get them off fast again.

Work is crazy today, so I don't think the gym is in the cards for me. Definitely tomorrow, though!!

How are you gals??
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:51 AM   #5  
Eating for two!

Glad you had a good trip, Jen!

Kimberley--the woman would have been my direct supervisor. I actually got such an ick vibe from her (she really reminded me a lot of my boss at a previous job who was insane micro-manager) that I even broke interview etiquette and did NOT send a follow-up letter Hopefully, today's interview will go much better.

As for being a fat chick, I had a bit of a freak out session yesterday--I babbled a bit about it in the support forum. I realized that I now in fact weigh MORE than at this time last year. I have the same complaints as I did last year (clothes, roller coasters...), and I have let a whole year slip by without moving forward. Well, actually, the most disappointing part about it is that I DID move forward...and have since slid back again. But, what can ya do but get up, brush off, and try again
Old 07-06-2006, 04:22 PM   #6  
Howie6267's Honey

I can relate...I was down to 197, remember? I'm at about 216 now and still struggling to get back on plan. The important thing is, none of us has thrown in the towel. This is too important!

I pulled an all-nighter last night, scanning in pictures from a photo album sent by our friend. I'm doing a slideshow for her son and daughter-in-law's baby shower and had to get all the photos scanned before I could do anything else. Even with being able to select and scan multiple images at a time, it took me all night. I watched TV while I did it, reruns of Conan and Leno, medical and nature documentaries...Anything to stay awake. I slept from 8:30am-2:00pm. I hope I can get to sleep tonight!
Old 07-07-2006, 06:22 AM   #7  
Eating for two!

heh, I'm not sure the medical and nature documentaries would have kept me awake

My current focus is going to be on making better choices. I'm not actively recording everything I eat and keeping track of calories, but I'm trying to choose healthier foods and have reasonable portions. I did climb the stairs to my apartment yesterday (4 flights), which is likely more intentional exercise than I've had in months That is my physical activity starting point--I will walk up the stairs at least once a day whenever I can (can't do it if I have a cart full of groceries, but that should only be 1-2 days a week). I'm certainly winded by the time I'm up 2 flights, but hopefully my endurance will gradually build. Then again, when I was in college, I lived on the third floor for 3 years in a row (no elevators), and to the very last day, I was pooped after climbing those stairs, so we'll see

I did not follow my planned food yesterday, but I think I am off to a good start. I had granola cereal w/banana and skim milk for breakfast (granola high in calories, but it's all gone now), then nothing until lunch, which was provided for us since we had a long proposal team review meeting--I had ham and cheese on some sort of soft pretzel bread and maybe 1/4 cup pasta salad and NO dessert even though there was a whole try of bakery pastries Thursday is always Subway night for dinner, and I had 2 wraps instead of my usual 12" sub on honey oat bread--that cut out a LOT of calories! I also only had one cookie instead of 2...baby steps, but steps nonetheless!
Old 07-07-2006, 11:51 AM   #8  
Eating for two!

WOW--I had an interview at 4pm yesterday (which I noticed I didn't even mention in my post early this morning), and I felt it went pretty well. I wrote my little follow-up email like a good girl with professional references attached and sent that last night. When I got to work at about 7:10 this morning, I had an email--I GOT THE JOB! She said she will call my references today and hopes to have an official email offer letter to me by 4pm today. I'm not sure exactly how much they are going to offer salary-wise, but we had discussed a minimum of $10k more than I make now, so we shall see!!!!

There goes all my motivation here in the office today
Old 07-07-2006, 12:32 PM   #9  
Shairing her ESH...

Congrats, Jill!

Congrats too on all the baby steps you are taking as well. It's amazing how even those small steps make a difference!!

I'm in revamp mode for my food program as well. I want to rethink things like calorie amounts and how much protein and fat to have in a day and things like that.

Today has been a good start: a peanut butter nutrition bar, fruit salad, tuna with wheat thins, sugar free chocolate pudding and 10 almonds. about 550 cals so far (at 12:30 pm).

I dropped about half of the weight I gained in one night, so I know it had to be water retention!! Still I know I HAVE to get my sh*t together!!
Old 07-07-2006, 12:44 PM   #10  
Howie6267's Honey

Jill, congratulations -- Best to you!

Good for you, Jen. I have got to be consistent in logging calories again. I'm doing so today.

Banana 60cal/0 fat
Roasted cauliflower w/ olive oil, 260/14
Salad w/ 1oz walnuts, veg shreds, ff dressing, 335/19
Apple, 50/0

Dang, up to 895 calories already. The fats were healthy fats, but yow. Yes, I definitely need to be logging my calories and fats. I always think to include good protein, though. I just had way too much for lunch, quantity-wise, too.

About the veggie shreds -- they're on of those cheese alternative products. My mom brought me a package yesterday since she got some bags on clearance at Marc's. Calories and fat are good at 60/3 for 1oz. But the sodium is out of this world! You ready for this? They have 390mg sodium in 1oz! They're not worth the trade-off, not that great.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:55 PM   #11  
Howie6267's Honey

I'm still working on the slideshow project, so I've not had anything else to eat. Busy hands are good.

Remember that old high school friend I told you guys about? What a bummer that's all turned out to be. I don't know if I'm more ticked or sad. I'm ticked at her, but sad that people are like that. I wouldn't do this to a person.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:37 AM   #12  
Shairing her ESH...

Hi Kimberley:

I just read about your "friend"....I would definitely be a combo of pissed off and sad! I wouldn't leave someone hanging like that either.

I wouldn't give it another thought....it's her loss, that's for sure!
Old 07-10-2006, 12:25 PM   #13  
Howie6267's Honey

Thanks, Jen. That was a down time when I wrote about it, that's for sure. I feel better now with a little distance. It's funny, I have some very good friends who I rarely see or talk to on the phone, but when we get together it's like we never left off. I need to concentrate on the good of those tried-and-true relationships.

Howie and I went to the Jazz & Ribs fest Saturday, listened to a couple of bands and sampled some ribs. Last night we went to the local arboretum (the one I've posted so many pictures from) and enjoyed a concert by the Columbus Symphony Orchestra followed by fireworks. The conductor was so much fun, great at drawing the audience into the show and making people laugh. We needed that.

Diet wise...Not so good lately. Again, we're making a fresh start, just like we all have to do.
Old 07-10-2006, 12:40 PM   #14  
Eating for two!

Glad you're feeling better about it, Kimberley. I read your blog entry about it, too, and I agree that it was rude of her to leave you hanging for so long, then just try to act like nothing ever happened. Sometimes, even the nicest people seem to lack a certain common courtesy

I had a busy weekend--we went to see Pirates of the Carribean on Friday after work, then dinner at TGI Friday's. Saturday, we went to a cookout for Jeff's friend's anniversary (almost 2 hours away), so we had bbq stuff for lunch and then stopped at Glory Days Grill for dinner. Yesterday, Jeff's cousins came to visit from Maryland, so we all went out to PF Chang's for lunch (and had the leftovers for dinner!). Tonight, we are going to meet Jeff's friends visiting from Canada at a Tex Mex restaurant in Maryland for dinner--soooo much bad food! Even when trying to make good choices at restaurants, I'm sure the sodium adds up. I am down .5 from my nightmarish realization weight last week, though, so maybe I'm controlling my portions well enough to help a bit
Old 07-11-2006, 04:07 PM   #15  
Shairing her ESH...

Hi gals! How's your day going?

I've been totally on plan today, including a nice workout that burned about 350 calories. I've had four bottles of water so far. I'm budgeting my leftover calories (about 800 or so) for a meal at Carraba's tonight. Wish me luck!