South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 07:36 AM   #1  

Default Get Fit Friday on the Beach!

Daylights A Burnin' UP n Ad'em!

A new day, a new plan... I have just been terrible about exercising, so today, I am making a promise to myself to get back to it! And my weight loss hasn't hit a plateau, it's hit a brick wall...so time to shake things up a bit... Back to controlling my portion sizes, and running all through fitday...

Of course no new day or plan get's started before I get my cawfeeeeeeeeeeee! So grab a deck chair and join me fer a "cuppa" and let's chat
Old 07-07-2006, 07:53 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, EarlyChick. I actually slept in until 6 this morning and so did the Girls. Our day is now well underway and looks like a brilliant one.

I think Candice is coming to clean this morning - she is pretty vague about things, something I need to deal with! I am due in town for a haircut at 10:30 so hope she hustles her butt here soon. After that I am going to "critique" a friend's garden. Carolyn is on the garden tour this weekend and wants me to take a look at her gardens in case anything is glaringly wrong - like a huge thistle in the middle of the roses! She's offered me lunch to which will be great as she's a good cook and an organic gardener. That should keep me away from the dreaded Chines Buffet in town. Later this afternoon, just when the upstairs gets really hot, I will spend a few hours sorting the school artwork for the Fair. We judge on Tuesday morning and it just has to be done so......

Grab a coffee and chat for a bit!
Old 07-07-2006, 08:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning, you two Earlybirds, how did your painting go yesterday, Ruth? That sure sounded pleasant, painting outside. Schatzi, I need to get my butt back in gear, too. I just can't seem to get with it lately. I've been going to Curves every day, though, so at least that's something.
Today is Jake's birthday, so we'll probably go out for dinner. I'll leave it up to him, whatever he wants to do. I should bake him a cake, too, since Black Joe is his favorite, and Monica and the girls will be coming out tomorrow so a cake will be nice to have around. Caitlyn got back late yesterday from France and I didn't get to talk to her very long since she was tired, so we'll hear all about her adventures tomorrow. I'm so thankful she's back home safe and sound. I know, I worry too much.
Well, it sounds like I'm just rambling on this morning, so I better end this for now. Have a great Friday, everyone!
Old 07-07-2006, 09:44 AM   #4  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

Good MOrning!

I'm only at work for a little while today - woohoo!

I actually got in over 5 miles on the treadmill last night - go me! I've been a little worried lately because my energy level has been sub-par but it got my confidence up a bit to get in a pretty good distance!

Lots of errands today - I did bring along my veggies, cheese, and pistachios to keep the munchies at bay. I just need to get a salad somewhere for lunch and I'm set for the day...didn't have time to make my egg scramble thingys I usually make so I actually had a piece of chicken for breakfast leftover from dinner last night!! How weird is that?

I'm going to try that black-bean jicama salad in the recipes thread for a lunch we are going to tomorrow...especially since I do not know these people and I have no idea what they are serving! As long as it's not pasta I should be ok! Pasta is kind of hard to pick around but I can be pretty good other than that
Old 07-07-2006, 10:01 AM   #5  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good morning, ladies. I woke up a little late today so am going to be playing catch up all day. But one thing I will do is make time to go for a long walk with the dog. I've been good about that lately. I need to get out and move my body. I'm getting older and it seems the food part isn't enough to lose weight lately.

This morning will be eggs n spinach, lunch will be a salad with artichokes and a turkey burger on top, and dinner will be pasta something or other. Yum!

Schatzi: good luck with the exercising. I'm right with ya on that! I amy even do some stuff on my ball later today.

Ruth: enjoy your beautiful day. your neck of the woods sounds so beautiful it makes me want to go see you for vacation

cottage: I love to bake cakes but never really get to that much. When I have kids they will definitely be getting homemade cakes. have fun with your hubby today

lucky: the black bean jicama salad is so good. And filling! sometimes I just have that for lunch by itself. I've also changed it up and added tomatoes to it too. Good that way too!

Everyone else: Have a fabulous day!
Old 07-07-2006, 10:05 AM   #6  

Good Morning All!

Haven't been posting for a while, although I read the posts every day! I guess I feel kind of guilty - haven't been able to stick with anything.

They are testing my husband for MS - right now he can't walk without the aid of a cane/walker. He's depressed and I can't help him. I try to be "up" but its tough. Trying to watch what I eat is impossible. We will have the results on the 18th. I'm thinking, once we have a diagnosis and a plan to work at, things will be different.

Keep up in your thoughts and prayers!

Joanne
Old 07-07-2006, 10:05 AM   #7  

Morning, gals! I've been terrible at getting my exercise lately. I did at least do some weight lifting while sitting on the couch last night. I guess it is better than nothing. I am planning to head to the gym after work today. I've been stuck working extra hours again this week so as long as I can get out of work at a decent time, I should be fine.

DH's birthday is tomorrow. We aren't sure yet if Brian will be able to go out to dinner tomorrow night. He still has one calf and foot with chickenpox that aren't crusted over so I may end up staying home with him and insisting that DH go out with friends.

Lucky - chicken sounds good for breakfast. And you're getting in your veggies with your snacks which is great.

cottage - Cake is too much of a temptation for me to like in my house. I'm buying (or fixing) an angelfood cake with strawberries for the combined party we are having for DH and Brian next weekend and we'll skip the cake this weekend. Brian doesn't like cake so we'll do brownies with 9 candles for his. This way more people can eat it and I hopefully won't have any to take home from the park. And if we do then at least it isn't chocolate.

Ruth - Sounds like a beautiful day. You deserved a chance to sleep in!

Schatzi - I'm having trouble with my weight too. But I know what it is and I just need to stick to OP foods. I'm fixing Lentil and kale Stew tonight which sounds wonderful. I hope it tastes as good as it sounds!
Old 07-07-2006, 10:41 AM   #8  
just a few more...

S/C/G: 138/112.4/105

Height: 5'1"

morning ladies-I've been checking in just not quite as regularly. I actually just recently, as of Monday, started the Sonoma diet. Although wave 1 is different, many of the foods are the same as well as the principles so I figure that I can still hang at the beach too. Plus you guys are way chattier

You guys should def check out some of the recipes either at http://sonomadiet.allrecipes.com/ and over at the fat chick sonoma board. Everything is so flavorful and delsih!! Most will be SBD friendly, esp on phase 2.

Anyway just wanted to pop in and say hi!!
Old 07-07-2006, 11:55 AM   #9  
gotta lose it!

Hello chicks!
I'm struggling on getting all my things done for my sister's wedding/bridal shower - no time to exercise. I was ALMOST done with her scrapbook for her bridal shower & my printer decides to go on strike. Will not print pics. I changed the ink & cleaned it - nothing. My df says the "ugly" couple broke it - shame on him (I did laugh though!)
Today, I'm making 3 of out the 5 tiers of the wedding cake - practice run...$80 later.
I talked to the other bridesmaid last night....she sounds like a train wreck....she was gasping on the phone & she told me she had a girdle on & couldn't breathe - what?! Then for my sister's shower, I visioned little finger sandwiches & girdle girl wants to makes sandwiches with BUNS! Why,. why why? My ds couldn't just let me do my thing, now I have to entertain girdle girl & her buns....and she's trying to change the menu - telling me we didn't need that much food (my sister invited 60 people....you're going to need a few more things besides sandwiches) I finally told her that I had another call & had to let her go.
I checked out my sister's registery.....she has things on there that are just silly.....a $400 wine storage, $300 flat screen monitor, $300 ipod/.stereo.....who's going to buy that? She's getting a pitcher from Pamper Chef from me....too bad if she doesn't like it.
This is so stressful & it's not even MY wedding - ugh!
See you gals later
Old 07-07-2006, 12:09 PM   #10  
South Beach Goddess

S/C/G: 191/158/145

Schatzi: That sounds like a great plan!!! Good luck with that. I haven't been to the gym in about a month & plan on going to aerobics tonight after work. I haven't weighed myself in about that long either & I'm anxious to see what it says; I'm guessing that it went down.

Ruth: You always do such a good job at keeping yourself busy. I could use some pointers. My dh left for his new job in MN on the 5th & it's so strange being in an empty house (everything is in storage) by myself (I'll be leaving on the 31st).

Cottage: You have a great day, too!

Lucky 13: Hi!

Pearshape: Eggs & spinich - sounds gourmet

Joanne: Hang in there!

Barb: I can really relate with the exercise thing!

Batmom: Good luck with that!

Soon: Things sound crazy in your neck of the woods! Hope the wedding's fabulous!
Old 07-07-2006, 12:54 PM   #11  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Didn't have time to post this morning.Leo wanted to get ready to get his new drivers license,with his new crew cut.He really looks distinguished with it. We also wanted to get out to the beach before the tourest got down taking all the parking spots. Managed to get 40 mins of walking done and will use my bike for 20 to total my exercising for the day to 1 HR. So I guess I'm FIT FOR FRIDAY Hope I will be able to say something good for my W-I this weekend.

Have a nice weekend and stay beaching with willpower

Hugs BB
Old 07-07-2006, 03:37 PM   #12  

Bat I wondered where you have been! Keep in touch girlie!

Schatzi I was having the same problem with exercise, but decided that July was my month! I have already noticed how much better I feel. You can do it!

Soon When is the actual wedding? I am sure you will be thrilled when it is all over!

Barb You busy, busy woman!! What did she serve for lunch?

Cottage I am glad that Caitlyn made it home safe and sound. Happy birthday to Jake!

Me- We are having a wonderful time relaxing. We slept in a bit this morning as my girlfriend and her husband are at work today. Walked uptown (they live outside of the city in a neat village called Tarrytown) and got coffee, then went and sat in a park for a bit. I walked for over an hour- it is pretty hilly here, so it was a great workout. Went out for lunch, now DH is taking a nap and I was reading on the couch. Doesn't sound too eventful, but it is a much needed break! The wedding is tonight, then we will spend tomorrow in the city. DH's sister is actually in Brooklyn for the weekend as well, so we plan to meet up with her.

Okay... I am going to go hit the shower, later gals!!
Old 07-07-2006, 04:46 PM   #13  
gotta lose it!

Kiko - the wedding is Aug 19.....bridal shower is July 15 - wish me luck!
Closed Thread