Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2001, 02:17 AM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Default 300+ and Ready To Try Again... #108

WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
Old 11-28-2001, 02:41 AM   #2  

Default Hello there !!!

I am running late. It is closer to 2am this time.

I finally got my garage clean enough to put the car in it.
But... I still have a lot to do in there. I just stacked some of it against the wall.
I hoped to have a garage sale before it got too cold but it looks like I am not going to make it. It is SNOWING as I type.

Another problem I have is that I brought all the boxes of Christmas decorations into the house. Soooo there goes my clean kitchen. I just cant seem to stay ahead of my messes.

Wednesday I have to get my laundry caught up. I am sooo far behind on that too. Grrr. I think I did better when I worked full time and was raising 3 kids than I am now. LOL

I only ate legal foods today.. but I have sure been wanting to eat alllllll day.
I have not drank enough water either. That is one reason I want to eat.
But... I am determined to follow my program.
Progress not perfection. Progress !!!
I just have to hang in there. This too shall pass.
I think it has to do with TOM or something. I don't have TOM's anymore.. but when I should have them I get moody, sleepy, and hungry. I am all three lately. I know this will pass... I just have to hang in there till it does. AND I WILL.

I am truly dedicated this time.
I am not putting my tail between my legs and running anymore.
I am in this for the longggg haul. Whatever it takes.!!!!
Even if I have to do it alone. I WILL NOT SURRENDER TO THE FOOD.

Well ladies (and gents if you are lurking) I am out of here.
It is snowing and I love to watch it snow at night under the yard lights. It is so pretty. It definitely puts me in the Christmas mood.
Old 11-28-2001, 03:55 AM   #3  

I have been reading in some other sites. Hasn't been much to read here. LOL
Anyways... I found this post. It inspired me. Hopefully it will inspire you too.

I'm sure people are tired of me posting this, but here goes...
I lost 70+ pounds in 7 mos back in 1999.
I left my support group, thinking I could do fine on my own, and regained every pound.
Took me all of 2000 to re-commit, but I finally started back 12/26/00.
I've now lost 126 pounds in 11 mos. You CAN do this.
I still kick myself, knowing I could have been at goal a year ago if I hadn't blown it...
... but the bottom line is I did blow it.
That doesn't give me "permission" to blow it again.
I had a clean slate and so do you.
So start today, as it is the "first day of the rest of your life".

We all have a clean slate. Today is a new day... a new beginning.
Old 11-28-2001, 07:38 AM   #4  
I'm on my way!

Default Good morning!!

2Cute...you look so lonely in here. I will keep you company! I had an oh so busy day again yesterday and I thought I was back on track but I had popcorn and popcorn and more popcorn at work yesterday....you know the big cans with the 3 flavors in them...I had to sample each one...twice! Then we went to the mall and ate at the food court...I had the chicken fricasse with plain spaghetti. It had oil on it though. I think I still stayed at the high end of the point range. I had a 4 pt breakfast and a 5 point lunch yesterday.

I am starting my day with kashi cereal and water! Have to work on getting the water in. I got 5 glasses in yesterday.

Well I better go get my hair dry! I will peek in at work and see if anyone is here. 2Cute...you keep posting. You keep me coming back because I know you are faithful and will be here! I will try to get better at being regular! Its just been busy at work this past couple of weeks !

TTFN Michelle
Old 11-28-2001, 07:51 AM   #5  
You and Me in 2003

Default May I join in

Hello all may I join you in this wonderful room?
I have been over weight for most of my life. In June of this year I actually looked at myself in the mirror at the movies. I broke down and cried. I started cutting back in July and so far I have lost 27 lbs. But for the last 3 weeks I have been stuck at 218, can't seem to get over the hump. I stay hungrt for fast food constantly. I am not going back this time. I am determined to do this. I was on another forum but it has disappeared lately.
Old 11-28-2001, 01:14 PM   #6  
I'm on my way!

Default Welcome Mary!

Of course you can join our group...its a great group to belong to here! It gets slow at times but everyone always pops in when they can!! Post often so we get to know you!!

2Cute...where are you today?? Getting all the Christmas decorations up? We just have to finish bundling up one more branch from the cut down tree and then we can put up our lights and stuff outside! I can't wait. This year will be fun with Andrew.

I have decided that I am going to stop going to WW but keep following the diet and enjoy the festivities for the rest of the year and then return the first week of January. I know I will not be able to have a loss each week and that will discourage me. If I keep following the program then I will be able to maintain for the next month and start fresh the first of the year! I don't want to waste my pre-pay coupons on gains!!! So if I say I have been straying kick my butt! And kick it hard!! I don't want to gain back the 26 lbs I struggled to lose the past few months!!

Well I better get back to work...so much to do so little time!
2Cute...I do want to hear your experience with home daycare! When you have time!! Thanks!

Have a great day! Michelle
Old 11-28-2001, 01:50 PM   #7  

Default Hopefully the 4th try will be the charm.

I am so happy I copied and saved as I wrote today. When I hit submit... it took forever and I knew I was going to be kicked off line... and I WAS!!! I would have been soooo mad if I didn't save and lost this whole post. Thank God for small favors.
I think maybe Michelle and I were posting at the same time.
Michelle.. I wrote myself an email and I will get that info to you this week... I promise. I have been on here too long already today so it will have to wait till one of my 2am writings. LOL Hopefully tonight... but I promise this week.

Here is the original post that I got knocked off line with.

Grrrrr... I got knocked off line AGAIN !!!!! I am taking out the color and see if that helps.
And AGAIN... 4 times!!!! What the heck is going on here???!!! I guess I will change my picture this time. I am getting tired of this.

Grannie... of course you can join!!! Anyone who calls us "wonderful" , we will nominate as queen of the group. You have done great so far. You have lost 27lbs in 3months or so. You said you have been in a stall for 3 weeks. Don't you just HATE stalls. I sure do. But they are as much a part of this process as losing is. Once you accept them as a time for your body to adjust , yet keep on your program, you will enjoy this journey again. Some people say they kind of "shock" their bodies by doing something different for a week. For most it is cutting out ALL sugar. But it is different for everyone. For me it is carbs.
The one thing you must do when in a stall is be honest with yourself. Is it truly a stall... or are you making poorer choices.??? When I do that... usually my choices are to blame... not a true stall.
Anyway... we are so glad to have you join in.

Michelle... that dreaded popcorn. LOL. I just have to stay away from that stuff. For me it is the dreaded "Movie Popcorn". We have 2 theatres here that serve the "BEST" buttered popcorn. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. The other theartes popcorn is only so so. Even with butter. I also love the can stuff at christmas too. It is like a tradition or something I am giving up... not just the popcorn. LOL

I too am still struggling to get that water down. It is so much easier in the summer. They say it is harder in the winter because the water keeps your body cool and we want to be warm. They suggest drinking it a room temp or even heated if you can. I got probably 80 oz down yesterday. It is better than 32 but not my gallon that is my goal. Actually, 100 is my goal and a gallon the icing on the cake if you know what I mean. LOL

It is snowing here still today. I am not going swimming till Friday. I just don't want to slip and slide myself there and back home. I probably am using it as an excuse because I have driven in worst weather than this many times. But.. it is the choice I made... right or wrong.

Today is weigh-in Wed. I think I may measure myself today since I can't weigh myself. I am suppose to do that Sat since I decided to measure once a month and Sat is the start of DEC. But I just may do it today instead. If I do.. I will come post the results.

I am going to go eat an on program meal now. Yesterday my meals were really good... even though I "wanted" to EAT !!!!... I didn't. That is part of that being "honest" with yourself. My choices since Thanksgiving had been "legal" but not the best choices for a steady weight loss. I would rate them more of a maintain choice level. LOL.
Today... I want to LOSE !!! And I am willing to make the choices needed to do that.

Have a great day ladies. I truly miss all of you that are not posting anymore. I hope and pray that you come back soon.
_________________________-

Let's see if this one posts.
Old 11-28-2001, 02:00 PM   #8  
Falling, but fighting...

Default I'm Back!!!!!

Hi all,

As usual I don't have much time to post, but I wanted to stop by and say hi.

Thanksgiving was good, eventhough I was sick (and still am). Friday one of my brothers got married, and Saturday a.m. we drove to a suburb of Chicago to see my DH's mother and brother. We drove back Monday and took off of work yesterday too so we could recoup. I had an interview for a higher position in a different City department yesterday too and it looks like I may have got it (will know for sure next week). Weighed in on Saturday a.m. before leaving for Chi town and gained 2.5 pounds. Not at all a surprise, as I had just about given up on weight loss. I was just so tired of trying, but I am back at it again. My DH and I even purchased a recumbent exercise bike. It was $320 so I better use it and use it often. He put it together yesterday and I rode it for 20 minutes last night and 20 minutes this morning. My plan is to do 60 minutes a day. It is actually pretty easy and I can watch tv and my son too, as it is in the living room.

May not lose any weight this week, due to my Chi town eating, but I am focusing on losing again, which is a big step in the right direction.

Susie
Old 11-28-2001, 09:03 PM   #9  

I am in such a good mood.
The food craving devil has FINALLY left my home again.
I guess he realized I was NOT going to give in to him.
It feels soooo good. I just cannot tell you how good it feels.
I have been craving to eat ever since last Friday. I know it had to do with what little bit of sugar I gave into.
I was soooo proud of myself because I really did not overdo.
But it set up that craving for MORE!!!!
It took almost an entire week to get over it.

Susie.. so good to see you again. I am sorry to see that you had almost given up. I truly believe if you could get in here more often it would help. With the holidays here we all really need each other even more. We need to build our strength NOW so we can resist all that temptation.
I have never heard of your bike. But remember it is not just to lose weight. It is also to make you healthy. It will make you more able to enjoy your son and play in the park with him. I am very very proud of you. Hang in there.

My daughter just IM'ed me so I have to go call her.
I will probably return tonight. I need you guys.
Old 11-28-2001, 09:51 PM   #10  
You and Me in 2003

Hi all
Today has been pretty good as far as food goes. I really would like a burger king whopper and fries. I di find a sugar free pecan pie recipe I am going to try soon. I'll let you know how it tastes.
I am 49 married for the second time. I have a 30 year old son and three cats. I am a house wife and work as a sub at our public library. My hobby besides eating is genealogy.
Well tats enough for now be back later.
Old 11-28-2001, 11:41 PM   #11  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Sorry to be absent for a few days again. I feel like such a pig! OINK OINK!!! Food has been absolutely horrible for weeks. Just when I think I'm making progress, it gets worse. I have had 4-5 weeks of nothing but gains! It has got to STOP!!! I'm at the point of total disgustedness!

2cute: You are doing so GREAT! I'm so happy for you! Keep up the good work. I'm hoping your enthusiasm will rub off on me eventually!

Michelle: I hope stopping your meetings for December works for you. I know that if my butt wasn't in the seat every Monday morning I would be doing a whole lot worse than I am. Make sure to watch your pre-paid coupons, they do have expiration dates on them. * Your plan for the new business sounds good. How smart you are to get yourself set up with the 2 little ones, before putting in your notice.

Mary: I'm glad you decided to drop in here and join us. This is a great group and I know you will love it here. I would really be interested in how the sugar free pecan pie turns out, it's DH's favorite.

Susie: Congrats on the new job. Will the move free up some time for you? * I bet going to Chicago was fun. * Between your Andrew and Michelle's Andrew, you guys will be having a really fun Christmas this year!!!

Well girls, gotta go. I will get in here more often. Funny as I look back at 4-5 weeks of doing poorly and it's been about 8 weeks since I was here daily. Do you think there's a connection?? I do!

"Every time I think that I'm getting old, and gradually going to the grave, something else happens." - Lillian Carter
Old 11-29-2001, 03:32 AM   #12  

Well Michelle... I have written you a short book about my experiences in home child care. LOL
It is too long to send PM so I will need your email address or I can send in sections via PM. I am assuming you know that PM means Private Message in 3FC.

You can send me you address thru my PM if you dont want it posted for everyone to see. Just go to the top of this post and hit PM and it will give you a screen to write me in. Be sure to put a topic or it won't send.

I have told you MORE than you want to know...LOL ... and yet I keep remembering even more that I could tell you. Hope it helps.

Thin.... you hang in there girl. It wasn't that long ago that I was where you are now. I still haven't lost all that I gained yet. But I am not going to focus on that. I am focusing on my TODAYS.

Today I am determined to hang on to what I have. I know how fragile our recovery can be. It only takes that one small bite to start that snowball rolling out of control.
BUT... it also only takes that one small victory to start a chain of victories. Pick one victory for today and tell me about it.

I tell you guys more than you want to hear I am sure. But it helps keep me focused. I speak of my victories. They make them more REAL for me. As an overweight person ... my tendancies are to focus on my failures. That is what I have always done in the past. But I found that didn't work for me. I need to focus on my victories... no matter how small. Then I build my NEW way of life from there.

NEW WAY OF LIFE... That means all of my life. Not just my food. It includes a new positive attitude about myself. A new more active lifestyle. A new willingness to post in here EVERYDAY.... often several times a day. This gives me an outlet to SPEAK of the new me. WE become what we say.. if we say it long enough.
I had to CHANGE the negative way I thought of myself. I started that process by sharing the positive in here with all of you caring people.

wow... I am on a roll tonight. I can't quit talking.

Grannie... I assume you and Thin know each other. Do you prefer to be called grannie or Mary??
Pecan Pie is what got me into this craving mode. Do I dare try your sugar free? Oh how I love pecan pie.

It is wayyyyy late again. I am out of here.
Old 11-29-2001, 07:59 AM   #13  
Falling, but fighting...

Good morning,

Yesterday went pretty well. I did eat a couple of things that I shouldn't have, but I exercised it off. I did 40 minutes yesterday on my bike and will do the same today. I need to work up to 60 minutes a day.

I also got the job. While it is going to take time for the paperwork to go through, I will soon be the new Manager I of the City of Detroit Parks and Recreation Department. The H/R person thinks the papers should be completed no later than March 2002, so until than I stay here at my present job and try to learn as much as possible about the Recreation Department.

2Cute: Glad to hear that the food devil is gone. I am trying to get rid of him myself. I am not giving up. I almost did, but I am back on track. Since my schedule at work has been so hectic and I don't have access at home, sometimes it is so hard for me to post, but I do try and read the other replies.

Thin: Thanks for the congrats. Unfortunately, I don't think it will free up any time for me, but just the opposite. However, once I get my promotion and get a couple of checks, I plan on purchasing a new computer for home, so I can get online there again, so hopefully I can post more.

Grannie: Welcome. I am 32 y/o, married to Jim (43) and have a son Andrew who is almost 23 months old. I am an accountant and like to cross stitch when I can get a minute to do so.

Wish me luck, as today I am going to tell my supervisor that I got the other job.

Susie
Old 11-29-2001, 08:23 AM   #14  
You and Me in 2003

Morning all

2 Cute: Yes Thin and I know each other we were on another forum together. You can call me Mary. I am excited about the sugar free pecan pie.

Susie H: Congrats on getting the job.

Since today is thankful Thursday I am thankful that I have lost 27 pounds and have went down two sizes in underwear. I can get in zip up jeans.

I better go and eat breakfast.
Old 11-29-2001, 02:08 PM   #15  

Well ladies. I woke up this morning with a nose bleed.
I had this last year too. I ran out of Advil and have been taking asprin which I am not suppose to do while taking this other medication. I hate it when I do stupid things like that. Oh well. Live and learn.

Not much has happened since I last posted.
I just want to speak the words... "I am still on program."
I want to say it until it becomes a part of me. Me and being on program is one and the same.
It is the person I am.. not something I do.

Mary... you made me laugh with your new undies.
I also have lost enough to need new undies. I have 2 sizes and the larger size I have packed away. I know you are suppose to get rid of the clothes too big... but I haven't done that yet. Heck.. not that much is too big yet either though.

Susie... CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!
I am so proud of you. What an accomplishment. I truly understand why you don't get to post often. Maybe you can sneak in a line or two on your lunch break untill you get a computer at home.
My dad is 10 years older than my mom. Dad was 30 before they got married. They just had their 61st Wedding Anniversary in Sept.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. I am a little worried to do too much. The last time I had a nose bleed I ended up in the emergency room needing my nose sautered with "cocaine".
I don't want to end up there again.

Oh.. I almost forgot Thankful Thursday.
I am thankful I didn't have to get out in the ice and snow.
I am thankful I have a warm cozy home.
I am thankful I have this computer to bond with all of you.
I am thankful I keep coming here and take advantage of your friendship.
I am thankful I am back 100% on program again.
And last but not least.... I am thankful my undies are too big.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 11-29-2001 at 02:12 PM.
Closed Thread