Old 07-04-2006, 02:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Default July NSVs (Non-scale Victories)

I participated in my first 5K run today. While I didn't run the whole way, I was pleased with my time, and I definitely beat the woman in her 70s.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 03:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for starting this thread, Sheila! I love it.

Congrats on the 5k! Look at whatyou did and not what you DIDN'T. I for one, find it very inspiring that you DID it!!!

I have an NSV that I'm a little unsure about. I have been a D cup since I gained a lot of weight in college and went up to 220 -- so, 20 years now! While I've never loved being fat, I enjoyed some aspects of being well endowed.

Well, it is no longer so. I am definitely a C cup now. Part of me is happy about this, but the other part is kind of sad... Don't get me wrong -- I would rather be flatter up top and smaller, and I don't miss the aching feeling from carrying "the girls" around and never feeling comfortable lying down... but I guess there was a part of my identity built around my chest, and I don't know why! Okay, I mean I kind of know why, but I didn't think I'd feel this way.
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 04:52 PM   #3  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

wyllenn, one thing you could do to make yourself feel better is go buy pretty bras that they don't make in sizes for us bigger girls. I still have some of my old college years bras in a C that I haven't been able to wear in ages. I shouldn't have hung on to them, but I have to admit that I will be thrilled to fit into them again! Of course, that's just me. I have childhood trauma from being too well endowed at a young age so I'd just as soon my chest wasn't the first thing people notice about me : )
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:13 PM   #4  

thistoo -- that is a GREAT idea! Thanks!
Old 07-04-2006, 08:35 PM   #5  
Caroline

My pleasure : ) I'm a big fan of buying myself girlie rewards.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:38 PM   #6  

I haven't really bought myself specific rewards along the way -- I have gotten myself things to help me exercise (like my ipod) and new clothes... but I am thinking that this summer I might want to treat myself to a spa day... maybe a reward for 100 pounds lost and celebration of a healthier ME!
Old 07-04-2006, 08:57 PM   #7  
Caroline

I'd say you definitely deserve a spa day. Since I'm a newbie I read through the progress thread tonight and saw your before and after photos, and you look amazing. Definitely spa-worthy : )
Old 07-04-2006, 09:05 PM   #8  

Thanks, Caroline! Hopefully we'll be saying the same about you soon, too!
Old 07-04-2006, 09:13 PM   #9  
No Excuses/No Whining!

S/C/G: 333/263/185

Height: 5'7"

Congrats on the 5k I have a real mini sort of celebration for me.. ive actually stuck on plan for 5 WHOLE days with no cheating at all.. Granted, this is not too much for some people.. BUT it is for me, id always reason out how to cheat.. etc, and blow the whole darn thing.. ive even had success with cheating.. which only re-inforced the behavior. So 5 days cheat free is a real success for me
supernurse_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 11:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 283/253/190

Height: 5'9"

I have a little one. This past weekend was Canada Day & we went to another couple's cottage for the day. Today she sent me the pictures & there is one of me that I actually kind of like! hehe - so now it is my avator!
Lifeguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 11:42 PM   #11  
Caroline

It's a great picture, Lifeguard. Congratulations : )
Old 07-04-2006, 11:52 PM   #12  

supernurse -- celebrate these victories, even if they seem small. Now that you know you can do 5 days, maybe you can do more!

I know what you mean about finding ways to "cheat". On previous attempts I did it all the time. I finally figured out that while I might be able to trick my head into accepting the "cheat" my body was going to figure it out no matter what!

Great photo, Lifeguard!
Old 07-05-2006, 05:58 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 315/268/150

OK, MY NSV is trully a NSV and it's also OT.

My niece is going to turn 2 on the 20th of July and she only trusts me in the pool to teach her how to swim.

Yesterday, I descided to go see and and get some swimming going on. Well, the sweetheart LOVES to swim...only with me as of right now, but she loves it anyway.

See, it's a big thing for my family to know how to swim at a young age and be a good swimmer. We do alot of boating and other water sports.

So my NSV, is that I though my niece how to swim...she's realy going at it and in no time (maybe even before her swimming lessons in the fall) she will be going at it pretty much on her own.
Foreverhopefull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:15 PM   #14  
Caroline

This is kind of a silly mini-victory, but since I just got back on the bandwagon last month after a year-long lapse, I'm pretty excited about it anyway.

This morning I took my mom to the airport at the ungodly hour of 7:30, so I didn't bother with a shower. Instead I pulled on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, as you do when you are leaving the house in a hurry. My jeans were fresh from the wash, so I had a small panic attack because I refuse to buy a bigger size and therefore they've been a bit small for some time now, which means that when they're fresh from the wash they're almost impossible to button, let alone drive in for two hours. You know how it is with freshly washed denim. But when I pulled them on this morning they fit perfectly, no struggle at all. I'm really pleased about that, because my stomach is my biggest problem area, so even a tiny change in that area is a victory.

Also, I made it through 30 minutes of Pilates this morning without giving up in disgust (I hate Pilates, but again...stomach=problem area). So yay for that too : )
Old 07-06-2006, 12:46 PM   #15  

Caroline -- Nice NSVs!

Mine is that I resisted a binge yesterday, as I noted in another thread!