Old 07-04-2006, 04:04 PM   #1  
Losing the Weight!

Default Potato Salad Recipe??

Hey Chickies... anyone have a good Potato Salad Recipe????

I have the Sweet Potato Salad one but I don't like Sweet Potatos. Thanks guys.
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 09:28 PM   #2  
Losing the Weight!

Yeah I was surprised too. I have a really GREAT potato salad recipe, but I have no idea what it would count on the plan...
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:28 PM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

I found this recipe on LA at home message board. It sounds good, but I have not made it yet. If anyone makes it let me know how it is.

Recipe Name: Grilled Garlic Potato Salad

Ingredients:

6 cups halved, unpeeled small red potatoes
1 medium head garlic
1/2 cup fat-free Italian dressing, divided
1/3 cup light mayonnaise
1/3 cup nonfat sour cream
2 tsp prepared mustard
1 cup chopped celery

Preparation:

Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place potatoes in 2-quart microwavable dish. Add 1/3 cup water; cover dish. Microwave on HIGH 8 minutes; drain. Meanwhile, cut about 1/2 inch off top of the head of garlic (not the root end). Place on sheet of foil; drizzle with 1 Tbsp. of the dressing. Wrap garlic in foil, sealing ends tightly.
Insert potatoes on skewers; place on grill grate along with the garlic. Brush potatoes with some of the remaining dressing. Grill potatoes and garlic for 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender, turning the potatoes frequently and brushing with the remaining dressing. Remove potatoes and garlic from grill; cool.
Remove 4 cloves from the head of garlic. Remove pulp from the skins and mix with the mayo and mustard in large bowl. Add potatoes and celery; mix lightly. Cover. Refrigerate several hours or until chilled.

How To Separate Garlic Cloves:
Place the head of garlic in your palm and squeeze from the root end to push the cloves from the papery skins.

Makes: 12 servings

Serving size: 1/2 cup

LA Exchange: 1 Vegetable, 1 Starch, 1 Condiment
Bogieboo is offline   Reply With Quote