Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-05-2006, 10:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Default Sept 4th Goal - 8 weeks to go!

Hey Ladies, I thought I would get this thread started if anyone wanted to join me! We have 8 weeks (and like 5 days!) until the Labor day long weekend! I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to aim for yet...something more realisitic though!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:12 AM   #2  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

So we are working on Labor day....hmmmmmmmm I WILL be 175 by then. I have been working hard and I cant wait for this!

So lets get moving Ladies!!!!!!
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:51 AM   #3  
Fat-be-gone

I'm with ya on being more realistic aimee, but I like to push myself. So my goal for September 4th will be.....drumrolll please.....24 pounds. LOL. That's a lot but I think I can do it (especially with ILs out of my apartment....i will rule my own food from now on ) So I should be in the low 200's by Labor Day. I can't wait to get started!!!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:37 PM   #4  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Hey Everyone!

Well my goal for this challenge will be 170. I KNOW I won't make it by July 23 (like I wanted - 180 even looks far away). That is 17 pounds in 8 weeks, so just over 2 pounds a week. That seems a bit more reasonable for me this time. Although, when I started towards 170 the first time, it was just over 2 pounds a week I just never seem to lose that, haha. But I am going to try super hard this time!

As for our new house, we don't need furniture or anything but I do get to pick out paint colours. For the most part we are staying close to what was already there so we only need one coat. We might change the bedrooms a bit. Once we get all move in I will take some pics and show everyone! It is going to be sooo nice! I took my friend Lisa there yesterday (we like never hang out, but she wanted to see the place and get some coffee, it was nice to see her again) anyway I showed her the house and she was super jealous and asked if my parents were adopting, haha. It made me feel really good. She is the kind of person that always kinda made me feel like she was better then me - so yah! haha

Good luck to everyone!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:06 PM   #5  
Starting Fresh

So I have been thinking about a goal for Christmas/end of year. I want to see 150 by then. Maybe soon we should start a challenge for that? What do you guys think? Is it too far away?
Old 07-05-2006, 01:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 264.2/264.2/150

Height: 5'5"

Count me in!! My goal is 180 by labor day (a little over 17lbs) A challenge like this is just what I need to push me on the right path again, LOL.
Jldsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

Hi ladies -

I would like to join you in your challenge. My goal will be to lose 15 lbs by September 4. That will put me at 145 10 pounds from my overall goal! I will be 28 on October 4 and by that time I would like to be at my goal.

I will be doing aerobics 5 days a week and swimming 2-3 days weather permiting.

Nikki
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:25 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/135

Hi everyone!! Great to see all of you on a new challenge thread! Aimee, thanks for starting it! I was just thinking about labor day goals the other day. My closest friend is getting married on Sept. 3 and I want to lose a good amount of weight by then. I'm going to aim for a loss of 12 lbs. That's 1.5 lbs. a week, which I should be able to do.

The biggest thing I have to remember this time around is to not start slacking off once I start losing weight!! I have this weird pattern of eating more and exercising less once I start to lose. It's like I think, "Oh, I'm doing so well...I can have those fries..." I need to remember that the reason I WAS doing well was because I was eating healthy foods and exercising!! I'm NOT going to fall into that bad pattern this time. I shouldn't use food as a reward for losing weight...DUH! LOL!!

Courtnie...can't wait to see pictures of the house! How exciting! I've always lived in apartments where I can't paint or anything, so I will live vicariously through you as you paint your place!

Glad to see everyone again, and good luck on the new challenge!
lovemygordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 198/170/130

Height: 5'3

lovemygordie-

I totally understand what you mean about thinking you can eat because you lost. I just started back on plan today after I went off for 2 weeks. Thank god I only gained a pound!

Nikki
Nikki128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:33 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki128
lovemygordie-

I totally understand what you mean about thinking you can eat because you lost. I just started back on plan today after I went off for 2 weeks. Thank god I only gained a pound!

Nikki
I could have been down about 5 more pounds if I stuck to my original plan. The other thing that I need to stick to is using Fitday...that really helped me lose those first 5 pounds (well, 6, but I gained 1 back). I'd like to think that I can do fine without counting calories, but in reality, it really helps me to count!
Old 07-05-2006, 01:35 PM   #11  
Starting Fresh

lovemygordie - wanna come paint for me? haha I don't think I told you yet, on Monday I found 3 litters of boston's all near me! They are not registered but still pure breed. I also found 2 or 3 mixed litters! I haven't decided what to do yet, the boyfriend and I are starting to talk about big dogs but yah, I am excited. The one litter I want one from is ready 5 days after my birthday!

So I just don't get some people. As most of you know I live in my boyfriend's aunt's basement suite. I work in another town about 30 min away. She works there too so for the past 5 or 6 months she has been driving me back and forth to work. I asked her if she could still do it when I moved and I would give her MORE gas money (I was thinking like 80$ a month). And she goes, "I will until you get setteled but I don't think I want to do it." LIKE WHAT THE **** I don't live out of her way, she will go RIGHT by my new place! And she has to do is take a DIFFERENT exit off the old highway onto the new one. Normally she takes the very last one, she just has to take the one before that, I said I would just stand on the side of the road. It won't take her ANY MORE TIME or anything and I am going to give her money to help with gas. She complains about how much gas costs her, so here I am TRYING to help and she doesn't feel like picking me up. BUT she would give 100 miles out of her way to pick someone up to take them to an AA meeting. When I told my boyfriend this he was so mad, like here we are family and she treats strangers better then us, simply because they used to drink until they passed out. I mean is that what it will take for her to like me? I have to go to rehab and all that crap? I just don't get it. So now I have to spent 2 hours a day with the bus, and work an extra hour everyday all because she can't take an extra 2 minutes out of her day to help a family member out.

All well, I can tell you I won't be doing her any favours. I was going to clean the house all nice for her daughter so she could move right in, but why should I? I helped make the place what it is today adn now she is getting it for free? I mean I will clean my mess up (that's only fair) but I sure wont go out of my way. I know perhaps that is not the right thing to do, but this women doesn't deserve it. I know I am lucky that I have been getting a ride for this long and I appreciate it, I just can't figure out why she simply 'doesn't feel like driving me'. It does take her a few extra mintues to drive me right to my work, but ****, I would walk from her exit to work (take me less then 10 min) if that is all it took. gaaaaaah

She *****ed at me a couple times for putting a locking door noob on our door (I guess I wasn't allowed to lock out place), so I am taking it with me when I move out, hahahahahahaha anyway, thanks for listening/readying my rant.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:35 PM   #12  
Starting Fresh

I just wanted to say I do that too, I am like YAAAH I am down, and then I go over my calories that day haha
Old 07-05-2006, 02:22 PM   #13  
Starting Fresh

So I just got a call from a lady who has two male BT's left. They are ready right after my birthday (july 28). They are in Eastern BC (I think, like 5 hours away) but she is willing to meet me at the Vancouver Ferry terminal so I just need to get on the ferry, get off get my puppy and get right back on. They are 600$ less the the ones I was looking at getting in the fall. They are less becuase they are not registered but that doesn't matter to me. She raises her puppies around really little kids and gives them away at 7 and half weeks so they can bond sooner with their new owners. She may be a 'back yard breeder' but it really sounds like she knows what is doing.

BUT I can't say GIVE ME ONE but the boyfriend doesn't know what he wants. And maybe I don't either. I want a small dog but maybe I would be happier with a big dog? Maybe I just need two dogs, ack!
Old 07-05-2006, 02:41 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 236/165/145

Default challenge

I'm joining in! This is my first challenge like this with you ladies I started one on the UK ladies board because I was nosing around....but this is my first general one. Yay!

My goal: To lose 16 lbs by September 4th 2 lbs a week should be easy right? I hope so

Maggie
JustAGirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:31 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotypical
So I just got a call from a lady who has two male BT's left. They are ready right after my birthday (july 28). They are in Eastern BC (I think, like 5 hours away) but she is willing to meet me at the Vancouver Ferry terminal so I just need to get on the ferry, get off get my puppy and get right back on. They are 600$ less the the ones I was looking at getting in the fall. They are less becuase they are not registered but that doesn't matter to me. She raises her puppies around really little kids and gives them away at 7 and half weeks so they can bond sooner with their new owners. She may be a 'back yard breeder' but it really sounds like she knows what is doing.

BUT I can't say GIVE ME ONE but the boyfriend doesn't know what he wants. And maybe I don't either. I want a small dog but maybe I would be happier with a big dog? Maybe I just need two dogs, ack!

If it helps, Bostons are like big dogs in little dog bodies! Seriously...all the Bostons I know have no idea that they're not as big as a Great Dane...LOL!! I really think Gordie helps with my weight loss...I've talked about this before. I have to get at least some exercise each day because we don't have a yard for him to go out in so I have to walk him 3-4 times a day. Also, we make sure he eats healthy food and treats...when I realized that my dog was eating healthier than I was (LOL!!), I started eating better, too!