Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 11:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#949

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!
Old 07-04-2006, 11:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

ACK! Caught by a closed thread! At least this time I realized my mistake right away! Here's what I posted on the end of the last thread!

Claire -- I think it's great to think in terms of "1 biscuit now vs 3 before". I try to reframe things that way when I feel I haven't been "perfect" -- yes, but look how much better it is than before!!!

rkrs -- Good for you on saying no to the cake!
Old 07-04-2006, 11:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Crock: I will Pm you with my email address. Sounds good to me.

Patty: Hi

Wyllen: Thank you a bunch for posting that thread reminding us that we are all in the same boat. I needed to be reminded of that.

CC9: Thanks for the compliments on my house. My yard will be 5 acres. I'm excited.

Melissa: Good luck on the weigh in tomorrow

Sharon: Oh, you are not stupid. We all eat badly occasionally when we should maybe exercise or drink water. BIg hugs to you.

Ammi: So sorry you are hot. It is hot here too but, I see a lovely cloud covering comeing with the warning of severe thunder storms. Yea, maybe it will cool down tonight. Hope it cools down for you too.

Vilandra: Congrats on the -2 pounds. Good job.

Sorry for starting another thread ladies but I have dial up and it really is much faster for me.

Blessings all,
Annie
Old 07-05-2006, 03:19 AM   #4  
~Chrissy~

S/C/G: 310/254/150

Height: 5'3

Wyllenn- On the bra thing...I actually used to work at Lane Bryant and I learned how to measure for bras...hold tape gently and measure around chest directly below bust. If measurement is an odd number, add 1. That is your band size. Then I measure across the fullest part of your bust...then its 1 for a 2 for b ect. This is your cup size. If you add 5 then you are wearing a bra that is WAY to big around the ribs. For smaller girls, then you do add 5. For plus sized ladies, if you add five it will be too loose. We have all that extra fat that is already adding the inches. I actually subract 2 from my number. I measure at a 46 but I wear a 44. If I get a 46 it is too loose in the back and that drives me nuts because it rides up in the back. Your band in your bra should always be below your shoulder blades. If it is higher then you are wearing a band that is to big around and are pulling up the straps to compensate. Most women are wearing the wrong size bra but that is mostly because all the bra manufacturers are not sizing them all the same. ok ok I am off my now. It just really bothers me when people don't wear the right size bra and how the information out there isn't correct! The best thing about a bra that is the right size if how wonderful your boobs will actually look! LOL When your breasts are where they are supposed to be, it slims you down and makes you look more in proportion. OK I am really done now...I hope that helps somewhat though!
Old 07-05-2006, 03:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

I used to work for a bra manufacturer and believe me there are big differences in fit not only from different manufacturers but also styles and coming down to it, whoever makes/sews the bra, taking a bit too much off or not enough makes that bra bigger/smaller than it should be! What I've found is to go to a good underwear shop/dept store, get measured, let them try you some on then take a note of the ones you like which fit, then buy online!!! or buy one try it for a week or two and then buy online. I've paid £30 for a bra where I was measured, bought three more of the same online for £45!!!!!
Nothing much to add really, I'm feeling a bit more 'in control' though things with hubby are not back to normal yet. I'm sorting stuff out and getting things paid on time instead of forgetting them!!!! S something must be doing me good!! NSV, my 'back fat' is diminishing rapidly!!! Other good news is that my creative writing tutor says 'I'll go far'!!! He really likes my stuff!!!
Annie I will look at your house photos, probably make me green with envy!!!! but I'll look in a moxxxx
xxxsharon
Old 07-05-2006, 06:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hello All,

I am pleased to say that it is a little cooler here today, not much, but enough to let my fans do their job of cooling me down, phew

Heather - I don't think I have ever had a bra that I enjoy wearing. As soon as I can take it off I think, YES finally, relief. In some bras I am supposedly a 44 E, but in others I am a 46 D, or a 44 DD. I would love to have a perfectly fitting and comfortable bra but have yet to find one.

Xena - that sucks that you are having such problems trying to return that too big bra that you bought. I think that's one of the problems of online shopping, getting things sorted if there is a problem is a bit more difficult than just being able to go into a shop and demand your money back. Good luck with it though.

Sassy - oh you felt 'yucky' because of the food itself rather than being naughty, sorry I misunderstood. I see you had another 'yucky' treat this time from BK, no wonder you are feeling in need of a nice healthy salad. Did you have one?

Melissa - I am so pleased you had a better result on the scales and that it has really cheered you up. Like I said, if you know you have dieted well then any unexpectedly small loss, or even a gain, can only be water weight. I am glad that's all it was for you and that you have now shown a 2.5 loss

Looking forward to seeing what your new hair cut is like.

Misti - it was Heather who had that silly size of 48AA when she worked out her bra size like you are supposed to

But yes it was me who was talking about pedometers. I love the look of the one that you have got, it actually looks nice as well as being more accurate. I would love to buy a red one, but it's $10 more than the black one, so I am sure I can make do with not having a red one Silly how you have to pay more just for a prettier colour!

Claire - fireworks are so pretty and these days they seem to want to make them as noisy as they can. I have come away from displays before now with my ears ringing. It's a shame that they upset pets so much, and what's worse is over here shops sell the things from so early on in the year that for about 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after, if not longer, kids are always letting them off at stupid hours of the early morning or night. Poor animals get freaked out for all that time. Not to mention people getting so annoyed about it too. I wish they would ban the sale of the things except to official organisations who are putting on a display!

Good for you for making your own popcorn to take to the cinema. It's funny how you have to sneak it in though. Over here you aren't really mean to take your own snacks, but people, including me in the past, have gone in with plastic bags full of pop and treats. I don't know if it's just my local cinema that aren't fussy about stopping people, but when Daren first went to the cinema with me he kept trying to hide what we were taking in. He wouldn't believe me that we wouldn't get stopped and have the stuff taken off us. He soon did though when he saw everybody else walking in even holding the stuff in their hands, not in bags! I guess they must be stricter in England's cinemas

Rkrs - well done on making a cake for your kids and not having any yourself. I am glad you all had a lovely 4th of July.

You loved Romper Room too? Great! Did the American one have Mr Doo Bee in it, or was that just an Aussie thing?

Annie - will you be able to have broadband Internet when you are in your new place? I could never go back to dial up.

Thankfully the weather is cooler today. What about you, did that storm come and cool things down there?

Idril - thanks for letting us know how to measure correctly for bras. I have had proper fittings for bras and still had them be uncomfortable. One day I will find the perfect bra, along with the perfect pair of shoes and hand bag (purse)

Sharon - what an eye opener your post was, I would have thought that quality control would have caught the fact that bras were being made different sizes purely because of the way they had been sewn by different people. No wonder it's impossible to find the perfect bra

Glad that you are feeling better, paying your bills on time, AND losing fat off your back. Now you just have to get that husband of yours sorted out, and maybe calm your boys down a little and things would be near perfect

Oh well it's cool enough here to do some housework, rats, lol, so I better make a move and get some done. Take care all,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 07-05-2006, 07:43 AM   #7  
Staying Positive!

S/C/G: 398/258/199

Height: 5'3"

Hello Ladies, I am down another two pounds I am wishing everyone a great day!

Ammi- I recall Miss Molly on romper room. I am not sure I can recall Mr. Doo Bee. However my sister and I simply loved Romper Room and Captain Kangaroo. Oh I am so old (29)
Old 07-05-2006, 08:11 AM   #8  

Rkrs - on another 2 lbs down, you are doing brilliantly

Who is Miss Molly, was she the lady who ran Romper Room? I can't remember the name of the one who ran ours in Australia. But Mr Doo Bee was a puppet bee. On every show they played games involving him. One of the games was having balloons and letting them fly instead of doing a knot in them. They sang "Mr Doo Bee, how do you do, we want to play a game with you, we'll let you buzzzzzzzzzz, we'll let you fly, and catch you as you're sailing by" then they would let the balloon go and chase it all over the place. Ok small things please small minds, but I was a little girl Plus they had a section where he would say DOO BEE a polite person (or something like that) and Don't be a rude person. It was cute. Woops sorry to waffle on, but I found a fellow Romper Room fan so I couldn't help myself

Take care,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 07-05-2006, 08:15 AM   #9  

Idril and Sharon -- Thank you for your bra posts! Idril, I really appreciate knowing that us plus ladies are different for our bra measurements (and that how I measure may change over time, I guess, too!). Based on what you said, it seems that I am getting the right size bras! The ones I bought the other day felt great (and looked good too!)

Sharon -- Your post was very eye opening, and I liked your strategy -- pay more for one bra that you know fits well and if you like it, buy more online just like it! I may have to give that a try.

Ammi -- When I was bigger I had that exact same moment of utter relief when the bra came off. As I've gotten smaller, I've noticed that I feel better even in the bra! That's an nsv!
Old 07-05-2006, 08:23 AM   #10  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good morning, everyone! Back to work day for many of us, waaaaaaaaaaa.

Ammi, argh I have always gotten you and Heather mixed up! I DO know the difference but you sure do look alike. And LOL I am glad I didn't see the red pedometer; I would have been tempted to pay more for it. OTOH some of my others were pretty colors... red, bright blue, etc... and didn't work. So I guess I will settle for my ugly black one that works LOL.

I haven't weighed since Friday so would really love to see that 2 pound loss to put me at 50. But don't want to hope too highly since I lost 3 last week. We shall see!!!!
Old 07-05-2006, 08:26 AM   #11  
delete

Happy belated 4th of July!!! This week I weighed in at WW and lost 6.8lbs.!!! Whoo hoo, my first week I lost 3.6lbs. I am just happy to have received my 10lb ribbon. You just do not realize how much little things like that mean to you until you hit them, yes I LLLOOOOONNNNGGGG for it to happen, but it feels ohh sooo good when it does!!

My weigh ins are on Sundays, I usually can post on Mondays , but this week with the holidays has been hectic. But I am proud to say that I stayed on track, wrote everything dow, and I walked for over 40 minutes on the 3rd downtown to see RED, WHITE & BOOM!! (HUGE local fireworks display in Columbus, Ohio) We parked 6 blocks away from where we were planning on sitting and walked to and fro. Yesterday it stormed really bad, so I did not get the walking in I wanted to....but today is a whole new day!!

I want to let everyone know that I do read through the posts, but it is so hard to congrats everyone....I would be here all day....lol
So I am here to tell you CONGRATS on your weightloss, or for losing INCHES!!! (you are still getting smaller)!! And congrats on everyone being here and sticking to IT!!!

I hope you all have a good week, feel free to message me if anyone needs anything.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:57 AM   #12  

Height: 5'8.5"

Congratulation, Alison! Fun to see that ticker start moving over there, huh?
Old 07-05-2006, 08:57 AM   #13  

Alison -- "Today is a whole new day." -- Amen! and congrats!

Misti - I had never thought about Ammi and I looking alike, but now that you say that, I can see it a bit!
Old 07-05-2006, 09:14 AM   #14  

good morning everyone and congratulations on all the weight losses! well i have my days mixed up i thought today was Ammis weigh in!guess i will just have to wait lol!
Old 07-05-2006, 09:28 AM   #15  

Heather - well there is hope for me yet then, I hate how I look when I go around without a bra (not that I would ever go out without one one lol) but I am just so uncomfortable in one that how I look has to go by the by. I look forward to one day being comfortable in one and actually wanting to be able to keep it on. Not sure my hubby would agree though

Misti - do you really think Heather and I look alike?? Well I shall take that as a compliment as Heather is so lovely, but I can't see it myself

LOL on the coloured pedometer thing, yes I think you are safest staying with the black seeing as coloured ones have always looked pretty in the past but have been very unreliable!

I hope you can hang on til Friday to weigh, I bet you will have lost that 2 lbs you need and I shall be here ready to free the fat fairy's boyfriend......sheesh the things I have to do to get her to be nice to my friends

Alison - I don't think I have seen you here before, so from me. Well done on such a fabulous weight loss this week. 6.8 lbs is amazing especially as it isn't week one even

Patti - thanks for the card you sent me the other day, I am sure I said that before, but in case I didn't, thank you Oooh I wonder why you thought it was my weigh in day? I always weigh on Monday morning, helps to keep me good on the weekends

How are you doing, are you managing to exercise without your foot playing up too much? Am looking forward to hearing how your next official WI goes

Bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Closed Thread