Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-05-2006, 12:32 AM   #1  
Bikini Season :)

Unhappy Awful Cravings

I'm having such a hard time not getting in my car and running to McDonalds. I have food here, I don't want any of it. I'm not exactly hungry, but my MOUTH is.

gah!

the hardest part of all of this is not just eating compulsively!
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 236/165/145

Default Omg!

Girl! you are NOT alone. Let me tell you...I am a FIVE minute walk away from McDonald's. You have NO IDEA how bad I've been wanting to go the past couple of days to pick up a McFlurry, or a Double Cheeseburger! I just have to keep telling myself "will it be worth it in the end?" Each and every time, the answer is a resounding NO! Keep strong, and know that you are not alone.

Maggie
JustAGirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:35 AM   #3  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

You are definately not alone! I admit that I'm a fast food addict. Its my weakness. It doesn't help that there are fast food joints every where you turn...........Keep Strong!
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:04 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hang in there! We've all been there! Good for you for posting here rather than running to McDo's!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:17 AM   #5  
Bikini Season :)

aw! thanks guys! - actually brought tears to my eyes! i've recently discovered this forum and i think this kind of mutual support is going to be so beneficial!
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:12 AM   #6  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

MY craving has been CHOCOLATE lately. The other day I ate nearly HALF of a big chocolate almond bar from Trader Joe's!!

I think that sometimes I have a lot of resolve and can ignore a certain food and other times I just NEED to eat that certain food. I'm trying to just give in to what I need at the time and not beat myself up about it.

I HAVE found that upping my protein helps with the cravings. Eating a little something every three hours really helps, too. I like reduced- fat Jif on a bran crisp cracker when I am getting hungry. The peanut butter is satisfying and also helps add the protein to my diet, too.

I think we all have to realize that a slip-up from time to time is inevitable. Food tastes GOOD! If food tasted like STICKS we'd all be skinny! We just have to watch what we eat for a day or two after the slip-up, and we will be fine.

Right now I have a lot of changes going on in my life. I have told myself that until I pass this time of many changes , MAINTAINING my fifty pound weight loss is plenty good enough for me right now. When more things are settled in my life, I will be able to go back to the strict routines I had been on to lose my weight. I am OK with this because I have learned that I have to be good to myself even when there are roadblocks in my journey.

Good luck, and keep being good to yourself!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I have talks with myself too. "Would such and such be worth it in the end?" It helps. Something that also helps is exercise -- it both makes me feel better and reduces hunger.

You may find that the cravings diminish the less you feed them. I have certainly found that to be the case. But I also know that sometimes I do need to allow a craving. I calorie count, so if I am really craving something for several days, I often find a way to include it in one of my days. Over time, I crave less and also need less to fulfill the craving.

Remember that this is a long journey. You don't have to solve all the issues at once!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote