Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2001, 06:06 PM   #1  
American Chick!

Default Thru Thick & Thin 120

Hi Folks,
Welcome to everyone who would like to join us! We're quite friendly and will stick to you like glue whether your food is or not! Now, if I can just find that attachment....
I just have a second...didn't want you all to forget me! The girls are fighting and I have to start dinner. What else is new?? I haven't heard from my interview yet, but I seem to have made a very favorable impression. He kept looking at my resume, saying "Wow!" He's supposed to let me know tomorrow or the next day, so I sure hope so!
Everyone sounds pretty well lately. We had a good weekend; Jeff has jury duty for the next two weeks, so our dinner schedules are somewhat messed up, though. I'd better run and get started! Love you all, and I'll try to write more tomorrow before Little Man gets home. Maybe I'll have a new job by then!
Love, Sally (Honorary Zilla) Just call me HZ
Old 11-27-2001, 06:40 PM   #2  

Hi all

I dont have time for a full post as dh & I are getting ready to go out and look at some tv's that are on sale this week. I didn't get in here last night because I had a lousy sinus headache.

I am feeling better today. I kept saying I was going to call for a Dr's appt but yesterday I was very busy at work and just forgot and then I told myself last night I'd call for sure this morning but I woke up and felt half way decent for a change. I still have the sinus crap but my head feels clearer and I'm not not feeling as congested.

I had to shut down the puter a little while ago and when it came back on I had a blue screen that had some sort of error message, something about things being stacked wrong. It may as well of been in chinese cause I have no idea what it meant. I ran some maintenance programs but it didn't show any problems so I shut down again and it came back on and was fine.

They are calling for rain/snow/sleet tonight. Lucky us. I'm off tomorrow so I can get my Xmas shopping finished. I'm not going anywhere near a dept store on the weekends cause its just to crazy. I heard some pretty wild tales about shoppers who were out on Friday morning. I would not want to be a store clerk at this time of year. Some of these sales seems to bring the worst out of people. I like bargains to but I'm not going to push other people around and grab things out of their hands just because its the last one.

I am going to get going now but wanted to stop in and say hello to you all. I will reply to everyone tomorrow afternoon. Take care.
Old 11-27-2001, 07:27 PM   #3  
soon to be thin

Good evening ladies: Well, this is my 2nd day sticking to my diet I have to weigh in tomorrow and boy, I will be lucky if I stay the same
SKEETER: Yes, that choc soda is caffeine free. Martins supermarkets is where I buy it.
TOBEY: I'm usually really strict the two days before I weigh in at TOPS, the other days I just try not to go hog wild on carbs.
MARLANA: Betta fish are the best! They are such a clean fish you hardly have to clean the bowl. Target carries a betta fish and a pretty bowl all fixed up and it included foods for $20.00. I think I might buy one for my boys for a X-MAS gift (I just can't wrap it)
STARKEEPER: I too have a cold , so we can suffer together
SALLY: Thanks for starting the new thread and I hope you get the job!

Got to go. bye
Old 11-28-2001, 07:57 AM   #4  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning~~It's snowing in Okla. I just grateful that the roads are too warm for it to stick too, so hubby went to work. I went to the doctor yesterday and he put me on another blood pressure pill to take when I go to bed. It helped my pressure wasn't as high when I got up this morning. I hope that will be it. I did get some bad news about my cholesterol, he says that what I eat might not be the problem at all it could be genes. dmmmmmmmmmmmmm I'm staying off the medication for 3 more weeks, all the time watching what I eat and see how low it is. The medication for it cost $100 a month. Not right now, but when he retires. That would be a big cut out of our income then. Oh well we have to do what we have to do. I thank I'm fixing a very large meal this week end for my son and his family. They don't celebrate Christmas...another thing that depresses me at Christmas...it's against their religion. But they will except gifts on any day but Christmas day. Who are they fooling. It's still a Christmas gift, even if you don't get it until July. People are so strange.

Tobey~~I like to go to little stores that is not a chain store too. You can see special things you can't get at Walmart. I want to place a bet right now, I bet you can't go to the little store with kitchen things and not buy anything for yourself! I just thank it is great how you like to walk and run all the time, but I do see why you might like to do it...You get to eat more.

Jen~~I like one gift being through with the Christmas shopping. My grand daughter, Kassie 11 yo. He mother is the nurse and she buys that child, and only child everything she wants. I'm thanking of buying her a ring. I could buy it in a size 6 and she could wear it on her middle finger or her thumb until it fit the ring finger. I see you watch Dr. Phil too, I love him, I wish I could have him for my head doctor. He knows how to get at the root of the problem. He's from Okla. you know, about 80 miles from me.

Skeeter~~OK Missy...I'm going to start on the treadmill today. I don't thank I'll be walking 2 miles, but I'll start out slow and work up to more. They say exercise increases the good cholesterol count and I need that. Mine is pretty high right now...71. We got hubby's blood work report yesterday and his is so good you can't believe it.HDL..41 & LDL..91. That man live on a diet of grease. I have a perfect place for 3 fish bowls. I have a brass and glass three tier stand, kind a off set, and three fish bowls would look great there. But I want some pretty colors. Neon is a pretty color, but I want 3 different colors. His bowl looks so pretty now. He knows now when I'm going to feed him, and if I come and set down on the couch he come over and looks at me. I thank he's saying pretty please.

Marybeth~~Your just keep rolling on with you weight loss. [b]CONGRATS ON THE 2.2 POUND WEIGHT LOSS! I'm glad you got a meeting going at work again, that makes it so handy for you. Good for you, making the decision on going and getting your Mom. I'm sure she is thrilled. I was told at the pet store to feed Neon 3 lil balls of food a day. Skeeter feeds hers all they want twice a day. I trust her, she's good with critters. I feed Neon twice a day too. He has a really pretty home now. Address is on the way. Do you have the password for the albums? Any pictures you send to me, I'll send back. Send more than one, anything you want in a album, kids, grand kids, hubby, pets...what ever.

Sally~~Thanks for starting the new thread, I figured I would have to do that this morning. You just relax about the new job your going to have. We aren't going to forget you, your like a part of us, you've been here a long time, and now your doing so good with you weight loss program. What's the Honorary Zilla thing about? I didn't get it.????? By the way we are waiting for the before and after picture of you too.

I'm all through now....Going to be extra good with the food today, and I'm getting on the dreaded treadmill today too. Have a good one!!!
Old 11-28-2001, 03:41 PM   #5  
MbG
Big Zilla

Hello Y’all

Afternoon ladies, I’ve noticed something interesting about exercising, I seem to be less hungry and thus eat less on the days I exercise. I’ve been trying to workout at lunch on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I do a 5-minute warm-up on the treadmill, 45 to 50 minutes of weights for strength and toning, then 5 minute cool-down on the treadmill. Ends up being a 5-point workout…that’s 15 extra points per week even if I don’t get the power walk in on the weekend. Yesterday, cause our @Work meeting is at lunchtime, I don’t work out and I was so hungry all day I maxed-out on my points. Today I’m not hungry at all and will have to make sure I eat my minimum. So, I guess what they say about exercising is true, it does curb the appetite…go figure ‘they’ have been right all along.

Don’t have time today to write to everyone, just wanted to drop in and say hi! Take care, stay warm for those of you with the rain/sleet/snow.

Later,
Marybeth
241/188.8/160
Old 11-28-2001, 05:52 PM   #6  

Hi Ya'll

Hope your having a good day. I'm doing pretty good. Went out shopping today and got all the little kids bought for and most of dh's gifts. I still have to buy for my MIL and I'm having trouble coming up with ideas for her. There is nothing she really needs so usually we all stick to clothes for her. She hardly ever buys clothes for herself cause she gets them all as gifts. Luckily she doesn't mind other peoples tastes.

I did buy myself something. A pair of lite green jeans and a shirt to go with them. When I see jeans in the stretch style in a color I like, I grab them.

Marybeth, another thing about exercising, I slept better when I exercised regularly. I really need to get back to it but right now with this sinus crap I don't think I'd be able to do much of a workout. Congrats on losing 2.2 lbs. thats great.

Marlana, my cholesterol is high but I'm sure its probably because of my eatting habits. When I was being faithful to my food plan, my count was coming down but only a few points at a time so it could possibly be more than my eatting habits. I'm glad to hear that the new BP medicine is helping you. I got a chuckle when you said your son's family will take gifts any day except Xmas. They just don't want to admit to accepting Xmas gifts, huh?!!! How did it go on the treadmill? I wish I had one. I've seen some electric ones at a much more reasonable price so I may be able to buy one someday. Oh, I bet your Kassie would love a ring from her gramma. That sounds like an excellent idea.

Skeeter, how long do you think it will be before Marlana has to buy another fish? Didn't take you long to get another one. I kinda decided against getting one but yet I still want one. Maybe after Xmas.

Sally, have you heard anything yet about the job. I've still got my fingers and toes crossed for you. I'm glad the interview went well.

Jen, I like to watch Oprah when Dr phil is on to. I don't know if I could of survived that workshop he had that they have been showing the last several weeks. Sometimes he seemed like a jerk but yet I know why he is doing it but still...

Well, I'm going to get going now. We might be going out tonight and getting a new tv. Ours is going out and they've got some good deals on them right now. I managed to dig up some extra money for it so we gotta get it while they are at these low prices they've got. Take care everyone.
Old 11-28-2001, 08:37 PM   #7  
soon to be thin

Good evening ladies: Today was my weigh in and I gained 1/4 pound not bad at all considering all the food I
ate!

Starkeeper: I too buy stretch jeans I just love them . They do come in some nice colors. At walmart I found the perfect shirt it looked so nice and very sliming! So, of course I had to buy one each in every color!!!

Marybeth: Yes, exercise seems to calm my appeitie and I sleep better. So why don't I do it everyday? I'm just so lazy I guess.

Marlana: I heard bananas and baked potatoes help keep cholesterol down. Just an idea.

Talk to you later.

Last edited by Tam36; 11-28-2001 at 08:39 PM.
Old 11-28-2001, 08:57 PM   #8  
Senior Chick

Hey everyone.

I am so tired that I could drop. We walked 2 1/2 miles this morning, then started on the outside lights. We got sidetracked helping a friend out for a couple of hours, then back to the lights. We need a few more strands to finish but the hooks are in and we just have to hang them. It took all day but it really looks good. I added a tree of lights in red, white and blue this year.

Marybeth~WTG with another good lose and getting another session of WW at work. You are a perfect advertisement for it. I didn't weigh myself this week because I was afraid that a gain would make me just say "screw it" and eat the kitchen. Instead I acted like I was on a losing streak and started walking again and staying OP. I don't walk on the weekends because of all the hunters but I will give it heck during the week. My husband also tends to push me to increase the distance so I have to keep him from doing that. I would rather walk 2 miles daily than 3 miles one day and then be laid up a few days with strains. I'm glad that you have made plans with your mom for Christmas and are not letting your siblings intimidate you. I think they are missing out on sharing their lives with a really nice person like you. It is great that you have such a good attitude about it, because it is really their loss.

Sally~Good luck with that job opportunity. It sounds like you made a very good impression and I will keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for starting the new thread. Two weeks is a long time for jury duty, I hope it isn't something ugly.

Marlana~Check and see if you have Petsmarts in Oklahoma. I saw all the best colors of bettas at that store. They had purple and white fish, turquoise, mint green and yellow ones too. I was just amazed at all the beautiful colors there. It is worth finding one the next time that you go to Tulsa or any big town. My fish will eat like crazy for a couple of days and then just a little for a few days. I have noticed that they will build really big bubble nest when I let them eat all that they want too. I think it is so cute that everyone on this thread likes the bettas. The Red Cross called yesterday wanting us to give more blood so we will go in Saturday and do that before we go grocery shopping. I'll get my card back with my cholesterol level in a couple of weeks and can see how I am doing since getting back on a healthy diet. It was 191 in September while I was eating lots of fat and meat so I expect it to be a lot lower now. Actually, I think that I am lucky to have it under 200 with me being overweight. I love that skating Santa.

Tammie~I read your post and found myself wanting to run to Target to check out the fish. I have to fight that urge because a new fish is the last thing that I need right now. I have already been getting the urge to get Griffy (the fourth one that I bought) a little tank like the other guys. The only problem with that is that then the vase will be empty again and you guys know what I do when that happens. I am going to try to find that chocolate drink for sure.

JoJo~Now you're talking my kind of shopping. I really want one of those big screen TV's. I know that it is supposed to be the man that wants one, but in this house it is me. I would trade the 5 sets that we have for one big one...........well, maybe 4 of them for one big one. Hubby and I never watch the same things so we have to have at least two sets. I just love the last two attachment that you have used. They are adorable. I'm glad that you are feeling better. I am feeling a lot better too since we started walking. I end up with more energy throughout the day and am getting a lot of stuff done. I'm tired at the end of the day but that's normal with all the stuff that I am doing now.

I am ready to rest for the remainder of the evening and watch some TV. Y'all have a good evening and a good day tomorrow.
Old 11-29-2001, 08:46 AM   #9  
~~Senior Member~~Really

Good Morning~~I'm running a little late this morning. What I really want to do is go back to bed, but I have too much ground to cover today. I have to make a skirt for Jacky before Sat. I need to clean house and go and buy grocery's. I'm cooking a BIG meal Sat. for my son and his family. I'm going to fry a turkey and make all those other good things to eat. I'm also making peanut brittle and fudge with what else..black walnuts in it. Pie's and cakes, hot rolls and of course stuffing. I'm not bragging, well heck I am too, but I can put on a pretty good table. My DIL don't cook much and the kids and my son loves for me to cook for them. I don't do it very often because they don't cook for us. They could cook a hamburger. They have 6 kids and they will bet their presents. I will only have one more big meal after that, on the Sat. after Christmas. I don't plan on going with my husband on Christmas to his folks house.

Teresa~~It sounds like to me you really have that exercise thing worked out. I haven't noticed not being hungry if I exercise. I do notice I don't thank about food so much if I'm really busy.

Jo Jo~~Hubby and I haven't talked about getting Christmas gifts for each other this year. Last year we decided to buy ourselves a large screen TV. I like it.
We really don't need anything at all. When you get to our age, you've bought almost everything you want. Those green jeans will be good for Christmas. My face is RED, I forgot to even get on the treadmill, can you believe that? Maybe I'll do it today and tell you about it tomorrow. I don't only have senior moments, I have senior days.

Tammie~~1/4 pound is just 4 oz. not a lot to worry about. Just keep on keeping on and you'll lose. I eat a banana everyday, I hope it's helping with the cholesterol problem. My Mom had high cholesterol and she didn't have a weight problem at all. I got some mighty find traits from her, the cholesterol wasn't one of them.

Skeeter~~You don't know how I envy you getting your Christmas lights up. I'm going to start on mine on Sunday. Some of mine are pretty easy, and some not so easy. I don't have any lights to hang around the edge of my roof. I love the icicle ones and thought about buying some after Christmas last year, but since I'm the one who puts up all the lights, I didn't want to be on a ladder that much. Yes we have Patsmarts in Tulsa. The two pet stores in Muskogee said they get all colors in on Thursday's. I don't know when I'll get around to getting another one, but I will. What colors do you have?

Girls it is so cold here. The roads are clear, but we have snow on the ground. I thank a big snow is very pretty, but I don't like it.
I have a ? for you guys. I need some help. Do any of you have a address bar on you task bar...you know the bar at the bottom of the page. It has links that I have typed in it and gets to a site on the web fast. You get an address bar by right clicking on any blank space on the task bar, then click toolbars and then address. Here's my problem...I miss typed the address of the 3fc's and now if I click that link I get a prone site. I'm not telling you a fib. The question...how do I get it out of there??? HELP
Old 11-29-2001, 09:54 AM   #10  

Good morning all.

Didn’t get a chance to check in yesterday. I normally get into work nice and early and start off my day by checking e-mail and our board. However, yesterday dh was running a ½ hour late and so I got in late and had to jump into my day right away. We were giving a big presentation to our office and I still had to finish getting everything together. The meeting was at 10:00 and I managed to get everything done by 9:58! Oh well – it did go very well. This morning was another challenge. I started a nice a hot, candlelit, bubble bath for myself. I was planning to soak and shave my legs. So while it was filling up I went to grab my robe. In the mean time, dh woke up early, headed off to the bathroom. The next thing I know, he is in my bath! He said that he thought I did it for him. He offered to share but quickly changed his tune when I said I was going to shave. Oh well. I did manage to get out on time – but I had to eat breakfast on the go.

Jen: Done shopping? Ohhhh I am so jealous! I started off gun-hoe and then lost steam. I am hoping to be done by the end of next week. Dh and I are going shopping together this weekend and then I took next Wednesday off work to go shopping by myself. That’s too bad those were current postings. Maybe an even better opportunity will come along. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Skeeter: I love that attachment of Moby looking for lunch. Too cute! I wouldn’t worry about pushing yourself to do the full 2 miles every day. If your legs are getting sore it means that the muscles need to repair themselves. You might look at doing that distance every second day. If you feel like walk everyday, just do shorter, slower walks on the days in between. This will help your muscles repair themselves, become stronger, and help you avoid any injuries. It sounds soooo beautiful there – I can see why you want to go out every day!

Mb: C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !! On another loss. I think it would be nice for you to get a tree. Sounds like your house is a real wonderland at Christmas time. It is “Thin for Life” that I recommended. I think in your previous post you had accidentally typed “Fit for Life” – so I just wanted to make sure. I really enjoyed that book. That is what motivated me to loose my 40lbs. I have 2 other friends who have read it and liked it. I have also leant my copy to my mom. I should be earning commission for the way I promote it! Yes I am very much a planner. I got that from my mom. If I know that I am going to visit her – we will actually have all of the days planned out 6 months in advance. I think it is a woman thing! That’s great that you have discovered the wonders of exercise. It takes a while to get into it and stay motivated. But it gets easier once you realize that it is working. Strength training is also great. The more muscle you have on your body, the more calories your body burns even when you are just resting. The program you have set for yourself sounds really good and should help with the weight loss.

Sally: Oh please let us know when you hear back from your interview. I am really excited for you! It does sound promising!!! I guess dh having jury duty would through your schedule off. At least yours has a good excuse! I don’t hold grudge.

Jojo: I hope your sinuses are truly getting better. NO FUN! Did you buy a new TV? Are you now all shopped out? As I mentioned to Jen I am hoping to be finished by the end of next week. I don’t think I could stomach a mall on the weekend now either. That is why we are going to that town’s specialty stores. It will still be busy but it has a whole different feel. I’m not one for big crowds. Because I am so short, I think people think it is okay to push me around and I am not one for pushing back. My MIL is also impossible to buy for. There is nothing that she needs and has very fussy tastes. We normally end up going overboard on price so we can find something she will enjoy. I think this year it is going to be some more cream from Holt Renfrew – won’t even tell what that costs! Glad to know that I am not the only one who buys for themselves when they go shopping.

Tammie: ¼ of pound is nothing – especially after Thanksgiving. So since you are back on track now, next week should show an improvement for you.

Marlana: Ohhh I can’t believe it is snowing there. You can keep it. We have rain here. Although, it is supposed to be sunny and mild for the weekend. Sorry to hear about the cholesterol. I used to work with a girl who had high cholesterol run in her family. In fact she had high cholesterol and she was only in her 20’s and thin as a rake. It just meant she had to be extra careful about she ate. That is one thing I should never have to worry about since I am a vegetarian. Only animal fat contains cholesterol. So as long as I stick to LF or FF dairy products I’m fine. I accept your bet. It might actually give me some control when I set foot into that kitchen store. Does it count if I allow dh to buy me something? That is one heck of a spread you are putting together! I am like you – I LOVE to cook for other people. Especially when they appreciate it. Once my BIL came for a visit and loved my cooking so much that he didn’t want to go to eat at all. For some that may sound like a pain – but I thought it was just the biggest compliment and I cooked up a storm. Dh is just spoiled and has become accustomed to my cooking. I agree snow is pretty – in pictures! Your task bar sounds different than mine. What web browser are you using? I loved your last attachment. The kitty in picture looks like my little girl. AWWWW

Wow I’m all typed out! Miss a day – write a book. I hope everyone has a great day, stay warm – except you Skeeter – stay cool!

Think of you all!
Tobey
Old 11-29-2001, 10:38 AM   #11  

Good morning Gals. I checked out the photo album, now I know what my beautiful e-friends look like. I don't have a scanner, and wouldn't know what to do with one if I did. I'm a self-proclaimed computer moron! I had to spend the day in classes yesterday. It really is such a waste of time, over an hour drive each way, a 2 hr lunch break. I was gone for 9 1/2 hrs and only 4 1/2 of that I was actually in class. UGH. I have more important things to do. I really need to get back OP, soon. Of course, to really help things along, I'm going out to Grandma's today to learn how she makes her raisin filled and molassis cookies. Brilliant, huh? Wonder how I'll make it through this one.

Tobey- What a way to start your day, your bath was stolen! I am so glad to be done shopping. Now the challenge is staying out of the stores. I just wanted to get everything done before I had to go back to work, and then it's time for finals!

Marlana- Your dinner for Saturday sounds delicious. I've heard great things about deep-fried turkey, but I have never tried it, only because it is fried. I'm really glad that we don't have your snow yet. I still have leaves everywhere. You got yours picked up just in time!

Skeeter- Wow, you were really busy yesterday. I need to get back into walking, or some sort of exercise, now that the surgery is over. You are starting to inspire me!

Tammy- all things considered, 1/4 lb gain is a victory in my book. Think of what it would have been without a couple days back on the plan!

Jojo- I can't believe how many people like those stretch jeans. I hate them. Of course I am a perfect triangle and they don't fit me very well. I wish they fit better, they feel so soft, and there are cool colors. How's the new TV? I'd like a new one, bigger. But since mine isn't broken, I can't really justify getting it yet.

Marybeth- I know what you mean about exercising, eating less, sleeping better, more energy. Like I told Skeeter, I really need to get back into it.

Sally- Keep us posted on how the interview went. "WOW" is definately a good sign.

I suppose I'm outta things for now. I need to get ready to go to Grandma's so I make it back in time for Friends and ER!!

Jen
Old 11-29-2001, 03:30 PM   #12  

Hello. I went shopping today and except for my MIL, I think I am done, unless dh comes up with something else he decides he might want. Hopefully he doesn't. Anyway, I'm pooped today. I'm going to finish this, play a game for awhile and then stick my nose in a book for a few hours.

We bought a tv last night. Got a 27". I just can't believe the prices. Maybe regular tv's have dropped alot because of the new high definition tvs and the flat screen tvs they've come out with. I wish we could afford a 32" but thats out of the question for us right now. Maybe next time we have to get one and hopefully that won't be for several years.

Jen, The new tv is nice. Its nice not having the picture blank out on us. It didn't completely go blank, the picture just got really skinny and was blank above and below. Our other tv was a 25" so it is bigger, not much but a little. The molassis cookies sound good, except for the raisins. Those, I can live without.

Tobey, I've definetly lost steam for shopping. I'm glad I am mostly done. I wish I could think of something different for my MIL. She is the snag in my plans to finish up. Maybe I'll make her a necklace. Hmmmmm, thats an idea. Now to come up with a design. I'll have to check out my beads. I bought dh a pair of tennis shoes for Xmas. Thats a risk cause I'm not exactly sure about the size he needs. I think I got the right size tho. I was just having trouble coming up with ideas for him. Now I've got to find a place to hide everything till I can get everything wrapped. I almost bought myself a denim shirt today but decided I'd had enuff.

Marlana, dh & I should consider the tv a xmas gift but we don't. Maybe if we were getting something much bigger and nicer than what we had, we would. Oh, I saw a CZ bracelet yesterday that I wanted to buy so bad but I told dh about it and I'm hoping he will get it for me. Its a princess cut line bracelet and would go very well with my wedding set. I wish I enjoyed cooking. I really don't. Thats another problem with my food plan. I think if I enjoyed cooking I could come up with some healthier meals. I'm just to basic in my cooking. I especially don't like cooking for other people, I guess because its not something I enjoy. DH's favorite meal is taco's and I fix it for him every other week or so. He never gets tired of them plus they are so simple and fast since we just use the flour shells and wrap them like a sancho. Your son has 6 kids and they don't cook much. Wow. Its expensive enuff for 2 people to eat out, I can't imagine paying for 6. I have my share of senior moments to. And senior days to.

Skeeter, me and my dh have different tastes in what we want to watch on tv. He likes the action stuff and I prefer sitcoms, ER, old Walton reruns, etc. We just started getting a new cable channel, "the Hallmark channel" and it seems pretty tame. I end up watching it alot. Of course, I love most of the Hallmark Hall of Fame movies anyway. Its got Northern Exposure, Dr Quinn Medicine woman, etc which is more my speed. I also watch alot on HGTV. Oh, and the shopping channels. Your Red White & Blue Xmas tree sounds cool. Great idea. Is it outside? I've got to have dh dig out our tree so I can decorate. I am glad to be feeling better to except I wish my nose would dry up. I'M SICK OF BLOWING MY NOSE!!!!!! DH is really sick. I keep telling him he needs to go to the dr but he doesn't.

Tammy, I do the same thing when I see a top I like that comes in several colors, I buy several of them. I really need to dig out all my winter clothes to see what I've got before I go buying much more. I think I'm just tired of what I do have.

Well, luckily I didn't get knocked off line this time. Small wonder. I'm going to get going now. Take care everyone.
Old 11-29-2001, 04:17 PM   #13  
MbG
Big Zilla

Hello Y’all

Afternoon ladies, well I went to see my counselor this morning and needless to say most of what we talked about was my ‘loving’ sister and what happened Thanksgiving. It was a good session all in all. I was a little on edge this morning but I went out at lunch and did some window shopping so I’ve settled down this afternoon. Yesterday Kohl’s was having a 50% sale and opened at 7 AM, I finish hubby, the donated gift for the family we sponsor here at work and my great niece in Wisconsin. Now just have to finish Mom and my new niece and I’ll be done…maybe this weekend! Hubby has been working on the outside lights, should be done by the weekend for sure!

Skeeter, good going with not getting on the scale, it better to do as you did…didn’t let a slip turn into quitting. One of the things I’m learning is that we have to do whatever works for us. So, if not weighting one week and just getting back OP and your exercise program works for you, then it’s a success. Did you see that the Christmas Tree in Rockefeller Center [NY] it is also Red, White and Blue!

Jo Jo, try just a little exercise…I’ve found that sometimes the workout helps to get rid of whatever…cold/sinus. I think it must be the sweating it out thing going on or something. Big screen TV, I’d love to have one larger than we have now just so I could read the box score when I watch hockey, football or basketball.

Tammie, ¼ pound…not to worry I bet you have already taken it off and more.

Jen, while baking last week I always had a glass of ice water in easy reach. I think sipping on it help me not to over do with the sampling. Now last night when I was making the Chex Mix I forgot the water, but I counted the points.

Marlana, Yes I need the password along with your address so I can send some pictures. Next time I’m in Target or PetSmart I’m going to have to check out the Beta fish and get another. This one I thing I will bring into the office for my cube!

Well, got to run and actually do some work this afternoon, I’ve been writing this post, check the Williamsburg, VA website for information on their Holiday celebrations. Think I’ll take Mom to High Tea!

Marybeth
241/188.8/160
Old 11-29-2001, 05:36 PM   #14  
Senior Chick

Hey everyone.

Got my 2 miles in this morning and then started cleaning house but kept getting side tracked. I ended up cleaning and rearranging the utility closet in the laundry room. Then hubby got back from Wal Mart and we finished the outside lights. I then cleaned both bathrooms and vacuumed some and quit for the day. I am sure looking forward to a day off.

Marlana~I hope someone can help you with that address bar but I don't have a clue. Mine doesn't work the same as yours so I can't figure out what yours is doing. Leon is solid blue and Sy is the same color as your Neon. Moby is pale turquoise with a darker shade of turquoise from his body into part of his fins and tail. Griffy has an orange body with dark blue and maroon from the body into his tail and fins then fades out to white and turquoise down to the ends of those fins and tail. He has very long fins and tail and is considered a "fancy". That means that I had to pay a dollar more for him than a regular betta.

Tobey~I think that I am going to take a break from walking tomorrow. My feet are hurting although I can't figure out why. We only went 2 miles this morning but it was very muggy and too warm. We even had to carry the smaller dog. They were both dragging because of the heat. I had to laugh about your husband stealing your bubble bath. It reminded me of the time that I ran a bath for my husband and put bubbles in it. We had been in the woods and always take a bath with some bleach added to kill the chiggers. Macho Man was afraid to take a bubble bath for fear of losing his manliness. I explained the benefits of bubbles keeping a bathtub ring from forming and he bravely climbed in.

Jen~Wow, that's a long day for only 4 1/2 hours of actual class. How often do you have to do that? I'll bet your grandma's cookies are great. Have fun making them. I'm glad that you enjoyed the albums. I love going in there and looking at the pictures of everyone. You need to get a few pictures in there so we can put a face with the name.

JoJo~My husband and I would be divorced if we had to watch the same TV. He watches the old black and white films and even that old dating game. He also watches Price is Right and I hate that show. The biggest problem is his channel surfing though. As soon as a commercial comes on he starts surfing and ends up missing part of what he was originally watching. I can't stand it so I watch a different set in another room. We also have one (on a platform like in the hospital rooms) on the front porch so I have plenty to choose from. Tonight is my TV night with Friends, Survivor and ER. The rest of the week I watch very little TV. I try to catch the figure skating, Judging Amy and the Practice. The red, white and blue tree that we made is outside in front of a window beside the screen porch. It is a large Crepe Myrtle and it turned out really good.

Marybeth~I didn't see the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center this year yet. I hope that I can find something else that shows it. Isn't the Early Show filmed there? I can start turning the TV on in the mornings and see if I can get a look at it. I am glad that you had a good session with your counselor and walked off your frustrations. Watch that betta fever, it can get out of control. You were lucky to escape it when you got your first fish.

It is time to make some dinner plans. I am getting hungry and need to get it over and ready for some serious television tonight. Y'all have a good one.
Old 11-29-2001, 08:11 PM   #15  
soon to be thin

Good evening ladies: Today my colon was giving me problems so I stayed home from work and ate non-stop!!! I think it's comfort food today because I have a COLD. ON MY PERIOD AND NOW DIAREHA (SP)!! I'll post more tomorrow because SURVIVOR IS ON! BYE
Closed Thread