General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-03-2006, 02:08 PM   #1  

Default Dealing w/resentment one egg at a time!

DH has never struggled w/weight and my boys are also lean. DD was born big at 9.2 and was a chunky baby but has slimmed out this past year. Anyhoo my biggest struggle is dealing w/resentment & bitterness that I have such a hard struggle and need to battle this daily. I get very moody when we eat our meals together, although they don't eat much different than I do it's the fact that they can have seconds or even have the will power to stop when they are full. I have had an adjustment and this morning was able to make dh breakfast without having a pissy attitude. I didn't want to snack on the cheese or sausage which is a huge hurdle for me! I had already eaten BF earlier so after I was done cooking I had another fruit and a HB egg and was satisfied w/my choices....One egg (day) at a time!
Ninacali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:41 PM   #2  

You are doing great! And you are not the only one fighting the same battle. I'm in the same boat with you. My DH is eating everything he wants whenever he wants. My DSs are both over 6 feet tall and 150 pounds or less. You can only imagine the amounts of food they put away. On the plus side for me, everyone is old enough to cook their own meals. I cook for me. They eat it or they don't. If they don't, I have left overs. They see that I am working hard to take off the pounds and are very proud of me. Saying they are proud is thier way of showing it. No one is helping with the shopping or cooking. I keep telling myself this is about me and what I want from life. Not about them or making anyone else happy but me. Keep YOU in mind when you are cooking for your family! Stay focused on your goal. You really are doing great!

Kay
Bowknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:50 PM   #3  
PurpleSunshine

Hey girl - you know we are all different and genetics always play a role in life whether we like or not. Try to change the outlook on the meals and try to be happy that you have a healthy family and you are all eating together - Yes, you have to work harder and maybe you can't have seconds, but you are doing it for yourself so that you can be healthier for you and them. Don't think of it as a battle all the time - think of it as a journey - as the kids see you doing different things - it will peak their interest!! Be joyful and happy that you can sit down and have a happy healthy meal with your family - alot of people don't have that - married or not and they have to sit and eat alone and struggle with their own battle with no one to share it with -

Girl it will be okay - hopefully you can change the outlook and make it happier!!!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Tricia i can definately relate, i have a drawer full of chocolates in my house that i know i cant touch. There is chips, cookies, brownies, and most of the junk foods in the store. As i am exercising in the morning my 2 1/2 year old comes and asks me for cookies and i stop and i give it to him and i dont think about it a second after because i know i am doing this for myself and if i dont do it no one will. I want to be around for my children and i know i'm doing the right thing. I want to feel good about myself and if it means giving up some foods or having just a bit then its ok with me because i know in the end that i will benefit from what i've done.

You dont see it now but doing this and staying strong teaches your kids that they can do anything as long as they put their minds to it. It may not be weight but someday they will have a burden to overcome and they will remember how strong you were and they will not have a problem facing whatever comes their way.

Stay strong and it will pay off in the end.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:57 PM   #5  

Thanks chickies! My post may have sounded not so positive but it was just a small hurdle that I did feel good about...and I also re-weighed myself and will tell the remaining on the July thread....it's a funny.
Ninacali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 05:48 PM   #6  
kasie_ast

I understand what you are going though- I love bread and last night my fiancee made garlic chesse bread and it looks so good and then after they eat there was that leftover piece calling out my name!! But I did not eat it..... I am down 10 pounds( I have to learn how to change my ticker). I am on my way, but it is hard!! I keep telling myself I do not want to look like a big fat marshmellow walking down the isle at my wedding!!!
kasie_ast is offline   Reply With Quote