Old 07-02-2006, 09:36 AM   #1  
loves kleenex box art

Default Independancin' hay cows

Yak. What a day I had yesterday. DS and I work at the same store and our shifts were two hours apart. While I was scanning away, the cell phone in my pocket is ringing and ringing and ringing so I excused myself to the restroom and found a text message saying "help." I call him and he's locked out of the house. I don't know what to do but tell him the deadbolt on the back door is not engaged so go see if he can break in.

I keep working and phone keeps ringing. He's walking a mile to the store to get food. Gave up on door because he's uncomfortable breaking in while the neighbors are in their back yard.

Arrrgh, I say, go ask the neighbors to help you break in. (All this while I'm finding excuses to go to the restroom on what is THE busiest day in our store.) I ask the manager if DS has called in (no) and inform him that he's locked out of the house. Later, manager comes to tell me DS is ok, got into the house, and is on his way to work,

Phone keeps ringing. 4th of July and every tourist north of us is headed here. DS is stuck in traffic for hours. He keeps calling me with updates until I tell him NOT to call unless something happens. I am very upset. On my break, I can not eat.

Later, I see him at work and feel better. Now it happens that a long time ago, this mean old bat customer made me feel really bad for a long time by saying out of the blue, "You're either having a bad day or you're ready to go home." In other words, she said I was unattractive looking AND I COULD NOT reply to her in the manner I wanted as I was at work. It really got to me. Yesterday, she came through my line but I didn't recognize her at once. She b*tched that we (bagger and I) were mashing her bread, snapped at him for offering to help her out and stared at me with a frown. I said, "Are you having a good day?" and smiled. "I am but it looks like you're not," she said. AHA, IT WAS HER!!!

I smiled and said, "I was just thinking the same thing about you." I handed her her receipt and said, "Maybe it'll get better." Her face fell about six inches and I revenge BUTTTT while it felt wonderful and fulfilling it also felt terrible.

On the way home, a light came on indicating something may be wrong with my antilock brakes. It went off so maybe all is ok there. Stressful day. Before I left for work, my new teacher called me to tell me I had not signed on to the internet thing yet. Very stressful.

Wabby, I don't like the book. Many of those chapters could be taken out with no loss to the story. There he is floating around on the water, describing fish, killing fish, cutting open turtles, talking about drinking water, etc., when ... out of nowhere, he with another person who appears to be an hallucination and who is killed off after a few pages. Just not good enough. It was like an afterthought and I really really think this person should have been alluded to earlier instead of being all confusingly slapped into the story.

Hi to all you cuties. I am so self-absorbed.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 12:40 PM   #2  
fatter than U

Cool

Yak, indeed, Peachy!! Poor you. That woman sounds just awful. I think revenge was OK in this case since she got a taste of her own medicine and will maybe think before she speaks next time.

Canada Day came and went. I made hamburgers, macaronie salad, butter tarts and rhubarb streusel pie. Bad move. Fatter than ever. Only 2 1/2 weeks until vacation. Bleh.

As of Tuesday, Mercury is retrograde again. That's not good. Beware. Don't sign any contracts.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 03:11 PM   #3  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

just a quick note to say----what an effin b*tch that bag is peach----glad you gave her the gears!!! be back after i go to the bar for supper. {they have sweet potato fries and i am addicted}
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 08:57 PM   #4  

What a craparse broad! I oughta You did fine peachy! Ah, DS still needs his mom

High Priestess Sug..Thanks fer the warning..I hate when Mercury retrogrades.. such a backward Planet..

Where's sweetpotato Head at? Bagzzzz we misssssssss you.....

Kiwi our own SailorMoon, is probably enjoying Frappes and Margies..

Nothing new to report from Schatziville... :bored:

Must go Stumble..... (If you use Firefox, you must get the new Stumbleupon...most addicting fun.... )
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:35 AM   #5  
loves kleenex box art

Where y'all at? Did you know that if you take a lettuce salad and add blueberries, dried fruit and nuts to it, it gets yummier? I'm thinking marshmallow and choco chips next.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:53 AM   #6  
loves kleenex box art

Ya'll, I'm back. I need to talk about lcp. She's in South America on a school thing and is in the hospital. I'm told her gall bladder burst and she has a liver disease. This disease is unnamed to me. Months ago, she was in an automobile accident where she was not driving and had ribs broken and stitches. Before that, she called DS and said she was in the hospital. Then she hung up. She called back a few times and it turned out she was in the ER with a migraine. What would you think?
Old 07-03-2006, 11:56 AM   #7  
Dysfunctional Queen

moomoo...what or who is lcp?
i'm working today. boo hoo.
what is all this sickness here? you'd think we were all old women or something. we need to THINK YOUNG> Not to be old and staid and frumpy and dull. maybe a "vice of the month club." i'm taking suggestions.
Berrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:00 PM   #8  
loves kleenex box art

little cutie pie is DS's gf.

Please don't make the vice a food. Anythinggggg else. I, however, am not one to think of vices. I am staring at Frappie saying this.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:59 PM   #9  
Dysfunctional Queen

I know peachie....you are a good girl. i have this inner bad girl that wants to play before i'm too old. i read too many biographies of fascinating (read outrageous) women with fascinating (read sinful) lives. I feel so boooooring.

and the most exciting thing to do in nocar is shop at the mall.

another "good girl" friend suggested becoming an exercise addict. can you imagine anything less exciting????? I'm missing drugs, sex and rock n roll. and she says spinning class???!!!!!????

lcp sounds like munchousen(sp????) run rampant.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:40 PM   #10  

Hmmmm... I gotta enough bad vices fer at least a year or two... but I shall refrain from naming them all.. I hate rejection... It brings back memories of disapproving pen-Ga-win looking women from years past...

LCP such Cuteness! ...I hope her liver and innards are okay.. perhaps a slight case of lapsing histronics .. (I think I just made up a NEW psychiatric disorder! Yes! I'm Schmacht!) oooh, whilst ..upon reading berry laden lettuce I was mildly repulsed..I must admit I make a dingy fan fang dang a doo (Look at me! I invented a NEW cool saying) Mandarin Orange salad... must go........
Old 07-03-2006, 06:28 PM   #11  

I'm back! And there was a whirlwind of activity here!!! Okay, maybe not..

Carry on
Old 07-03-2006, 09:15 PM   #12  
Dysfunctional Queen

schatz...so I looked at your stumble site but my computer repulsed foxfire. i have a wall or something.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:29 AM   #13  
fatter than U

Cool

Happy 4th o' July, darlings! Except Bagzie, of course, who waves her flag to the beat of a different drummer.

Today we registered ds10 at his new secondary school, because they make the kids go to secondary school after fourth grade here, you know. Yes, they are nuts. He actually got a recommendation for the second of the three school forms, but we feel that putting him in one of the better schools is the only way he's going to get a decent education in Germany, especially if he wants to study abroad later.

And...we picked up travellers cheques (official Canadian spelling!), got travel insurance and cancelled the newspaper. Three things down, a million things to go. In half an hour I have to go teach the little wretches at the school library. They've asked me to do it (for free, you understand) for three class periods in a row after the summer and I have tentatively said yes. Must be an upstanding non-citizen, right?

Leslie and I went for a walk yesterday. She talked the whole time. I am thinner, but not thin. I was thin once but didn't appreciate it.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 10:44 AM   #14  

Thank ya Sugar! You must be getting sooo exxxxcited!

Berry--- hmmmm, you installed Firefox and it's your default browser? It does sound like you make have to tweak the firewall?

getting ready for a BBQ -- making a cake which I will not partake of...( Ya see, most times if I make a cake, I'll make one that I can take or leave... all part of my willpower mojo... ) Running out to pick up fresh stuff for a big tossed salad, and beer...The BBQ is 2 doors up from us.. and the woman running it, I think has never had a party before... she's called me at least 5 times in the last 2 days fretting over her Tea, (it's toooo strong, what should I do?) Do you like ribs? Do you like Carolina BBQ or "Red"? Should I keep the food in the screen house? Do you think it would be tacky to use paper plates??? Too funny...
Then tonight we're off to the lake for fireworks
Old 07-04-2006, 11:27 AM   #15  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Happy Fourth You Yankee Doodle Dandies!!!---frappe,for Gawds Sake Darling---come In Here And Shake Up This Crowd---you Are Right--we Are All Falling Into Decrepitude {????}----i Feeeeeeeeeel Old But No Sense Looking It Too ,right!--- I Think I Will Start By Drinking More.
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote