Old 07-01-2006, 04:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 302/286/190

Height: 5'10"

Default New here............

I started LAWL 9 weeks ago. Having someone tell me what I can and cannot eat was the only way I figured I would get the weight off. I tipped the scales in Dec. when I was pregnant with my 3rd (Conner). Which was an unexpected 12 lbs. I guess I put on a few lbs more than I though I would. I have been overweight since I was 16. After my daughter Jennifer (which is 8) I managed to loose the babyfat. But I guess after my son Brayden (4yrs.) I gave up. I didnt care what my body looked like. Then this last New Years I promised myself I would loose it, and for good this time. I want to be healthy for my kids. Plus I want to suprise my husband, who is currently deployed to Iraq, when he comes home in Nov. I started excercising 3-4 times a week before I started the LAWL diet, and I think it has helped. I lost more in inches than lbs. these 9 weeks. I love the elliptical..........I am glad to have found
3FC...
jcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 07:33 PM   #2  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Hi JCook and welcome to the Boards. They are rather quiet today, but that's probably due to the holiday weekend. I don't post a lot but there is a TON of information in this forum and it's a neat little LAWL family. From what I have read so far, everyone seems happy with the program. Good luck to you; you have all sorts of motivation to keep it going - 3 kids who need a healthy mom AND a hubbie whom I'm sure will be happy to see you no matter what. Good luck and keep up the good work.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 11:20 AM   #3  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

jcook- welcome to the group. Join us over in the July friends and loser thread for most of the daily chatter. (extremely quiet this weekend though)
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 12:06 PM   #4  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

Welcome to the party Jcook! I'll just repeat what everyone else has said and say oh yeah, it's very quiet around here today. I imagine it'll stay quiet until wednesday.
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:52 PM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

Hi JCook! Welcome! This is a great group! The ladies here are very generous with their encouragement and advice.

Congratulations on your weight loss so far! You are doing a great job! I think you've found a wonderful motivator to lose weight to surprise your husband! :-)

And, a sincere thank you for the sacrifices you and your husband are making for us.

All the best to you!
CafeAmericain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 04:33 PM   #6  

Hi jcook......welcome! I'm also fairly new to this forum and LAWL. This forum has been great, hope you also enjoy!
Ninacali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 06:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 302/286/190

Height: 5'10"

Thanks for the warm welcome. It is great to hear from others doing the LAWL plan, it gives me hope.
jcook is offline   Reply With Quote