Old 07-02-2006, 09:53 AM   #1  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default Over 50 & Getting Lighter -- July/August '06

Here we are . . . can't believe I almost forgot to start a new thread . . . and after I made such a fuss about having to look at my typing error in the title of the old one . . .

CHERYL . . . So sorry about the FD problems and the 'needle through the finger' problems, too. Better to shut yourself in the sewing room than the kitchen. Good luck.

It is still nice and dry around here although the forecast is threatening thunder storms . . . honestly don't mind too much so long as we are not left with that oppressive humidity again . . . I definitely want to get rid of this www that's lodged around the ankles.

Have a great weekend, ladies . . . Keep it moving and shaking and I see you all soon.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 12:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/169.5/150

Height: 5'9"

Thank You Meowee for starting the new thread for us!

Yes, Cheryl, I too want to say how sorry I am to hear about the owie on your finger thanks to the "sewing" accident - Ouch! Those suckers hurt too when it's a finger - so many nerves there I guess. Hope that things get settled down with your FD issues. I am glad to read that you are continuing to nuture your creative side by working on the quilt, despite the emotional chaos. That's a really positive way to defuse some of the stress.

Yesterday was of course the beginning of a new month and as I said then, my goal for July is losing 8 more pounds (that's not my total loss goal, just my goal for the month). I was planning on swimming this weekend but we've had duststorms and unproductive thunderstorms - little rain :-( But with lots of lightening, being in water isn't a real great idea

Hy
hyacinth merry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:30 PM   #3  

Hi Girls,
Well the fairy fat mother paid me a visit. I'm down another pound. I changed my ticker to show the highest weight I was before I started here, and my new goal that I set for myself. Seems more reachable than 150 pounds right now. Thanks for your concern about my finger. Of course it's a finger I need for typing and can't use right now. So I'm peck typing. Everytime I hit the finger, it starts bleeding. Going to slap a bandaid on it before I go us and shut myself up in my room and work on the last side of the quilt. Thinking about setting up my other machine and getting some machine embroidery done on some dish towel. Have a bridal shower on Friday, so thinking this will make a nice gift.

Hy...I remember those teribble dust storms. We use to be sationed at 29 Plams, California. It can really sandblast your car, windows or whatever. Hope you can get some swimming in tomorrow.

Linda...I think I have finally learned not to eat out of stress, but to find something to distract and calm me down. Sewing is my stress releaver, and music soothes my soul. We are having thunderstormes and much needed rain.
looks like it's going to be another muggy day at 85. Oh joy!!!

Have a good one my friends.
Cheryl
Cheryl120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:10 AM   #4  

FINALLY get to move my ticker down One Pound!!! Woohoo!!

New month, new week...I'm ready!

Hy
Old 07-03-2006, 10:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 158/141/130

Height: 5' 1"

Hard to believe we are in another month!!! Thanks Linda for getting us going again. Sorry I have been absent for a time. Had a lot of reading to do to catch up on what you have all been up to. If I singled each of you out this would get too long,so I will just say you have all been in my prayers and I am proud of each of you that have had good things happen and I am sorry for those who have had problems. Guess you could say that is CYA !!!
Promise to stay in touch better.
We had our clinic Open House on Friday and it was a great success. Now we can get back to the real world.
My weight tracker is finally right !!!! I'm so happy. Now I can get on the ball again and maybe I will make my birthday goal yet. That's 8 pounds in a month.Know you gals are always right there watching over my shoulder
to keep me honest. Thanks a million.

For those in the US, have a wonderful 4th of July, and for our Canadian friends, I hope you had a good Canada Day celebration on the 1st.

Have to run, I'm at work and the dryer just went off,so I had better go fold
my sheets and towels.Talk to you on Wednesday.

DONNA
Donna72664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:33 AM   #6  
Onward and Downward

Hi there, chickies . . .

Hy . . . Congratulations on your loss, girl. Keep it going.

Cheryl . . . Congratulations on your loss, too. Hope that finger is typing again really soon.

Donna . . . Congratulations on your 'ticker-correction'. No where to go but down.

Well I have bad news and good news . . . long-term forecast says the humidity is definitely on the rise again (bad #1) so that led me to breaking my cardinal rule (bad #2) and getting on the scale this morning, but that got me the good news that my www is gone and as of right now my ticker is correct again, too. Yippee.

So . . . if the humidity stays down, maybe I'll actually get a tiny loss by Wednesday . . . if it doesn't, I'll try not to get too upset. Knowing the way my body reacts to the heat and humidity, I may not know until the end of summer just what is happening for sure. So I'll just keep doing the good stuff as much as I possibly can and rely on the fact that the good stuff will eventually pay off.

Hope everybody has a great day. Keep on moving and shaking, girls. See you soon.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:59 PM   #7  
Onward and Downward

Hi, girls . . . where are you? Happy Fourth of July!

Nothing too exciting around here. the weather was not as bad as predicted today but now it is getting very cloudy and heavy. Can hardly wait to see what the scale- has to say tomorrow morning.

Have a good one, gang. Keep moving and shaking and heading in the downward direction. See you soon.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:29 AM   #8  
Onward and Downward

Well gang, I'm up again this morning but not as bad as last week so maybe that means I actually lost something if it wasn't being clouded over by the weather-induced WWW. I'm not going to get excited about it and until it can move downward, my ticker stays exactly where it is.

Have a good one, everybody. Keep moving and shaking and I see you all soon.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:54 AM   #9  

Morning...Sorry I was MIA for a couple of days. Just busy with 4th of July activities. Went to a couple of fireworks displays the last couple of nights. Had a BBQ with friends and I was very good!!! My stress level is just about back to normal. Told the FD's that as of right now, they were not going on vacation with us. To change their ATTITUDES if they wanted to go. Must of worked, cause yesterday they were very plesant and my stomache wasn't as upset.

Donna...Hope you had a Happy 4th. Congrats on your ticker being correct.

Linda...Glad to hear the WWW was gone. I love summer, but hate the humidity and what it does to some of us gals that can't take it. I also swell up big time.

Well I am off to town for a meeting this morning and I also have WW, but don't know if I will be out of the meeting in time to make it. I hope so!! Want to see if their scales moved like mine did.
See you later...Cheryl
Old 07-05-2006, 10:21 AM   #10  

Nothing new here to report - just taking one day at a time. We stayed home (I don't enjoy crowds) and ended up watching "The Man From Snowy River" on AMC - I haven't seen that movie in years, but it was good (except for the commericals)

Had vegetable salads with chicken breast chopped on top for dinner. Nothing fancy, but that's OK - I'd rather achieve my goal than get caught up in the traditional food fest that is the Fourth for a lot of people.

We too have some humid weather here, which is not normal for the desert. It really does make you feel "heavy"- no matter what weight you are!

Wishing everyone a good day!
Hy
Old 07-05-2006, 10:47 AM   #11  

Good morning ladies. What a beautiful day we had here for the 4th. It was
cloudy and comfortable.Thought we were going to get rained out for the
fireworks but just a sprinkle early.Now this morning is cloudy and we had a
little shower early,the sun is trying to peek out so the humidity should get up there by afternoon. Oh yea!!!

LINDA: Good attitude! This time of year we have to be a little patient with
our water weight. It will all go away as soon as it gets cool again.

CHERYL: Sounds like you found the magic wand for those FD's. Would be a
shame,at least for them,to miss going on vacation with you. I'm sure you will show them a wonderful time,just hope they appreciate it. Hope you make it to WW,hate to miss the opportunity to see that scale go downward.

HY: What a good girl you were for the 4th. Way to go. One day at a time is
the best way to do anything. I watched that movie last week, I love it everytime I watch it.

Hope everyone has a good week,now that the holiday is over and our week
is messed up. I hate a holiday in the middle of the week,now we have 2
Mondays in this week Keep up the good work. DONNA
Old 07-05-2006, 08:59 PM   #12  

Hi Ladies...Just a quick check in for tonight. I'll come back tomorrow for personals. Scales were down 1.8 lbs at WW. I'm moving my ticker and so happy to see 329!!!! Cheryl
Old 07-06-2006, 03:21 PM   #13  

CHERYL: 1.8 lbs gone forever, great job,so proud of you!

DONNA
Old 07-06-2006, 03:59 PM   #14  
Onward and Downward

Hi all . . . we're back to air so thick you can see it (or so it seems). Temperature is not too bad but the humidity is awful again.

CHERYL . . . great loss, girl.

HY . . . good for you, no 4th pig-out.

DONNA . . . That 2nd 'Monday' is always the worst. Just think how short the rest of the week will seem.

Have a good one everybody. Keep moving and shaking and heading in the great downward direction. See you lighter.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:51 PM   #15  

Hy...Nothing wrong with staying home on the 4th. I hate crowds as well. and I'm a homebody, but ended up going to two fireworks display because of the girls.

Donna...Happy to hear you had a nice 4th of July and the weather sounds like it was just right.

Linda...Before you know it, fall will be hear. I can hardly wait for cooler days.

Thought I would share a couple of things I got at WW with you gals.

DECLARE YOUR THIN-DEPENDENCE!!
I have the right to be thin.
I have the right to enjoy an active lifestyle.
I have the right to say NO.
I have the right to feel good.
I have the right to take time for myself.
I have the right to be free to make sensible choices.
I have the right to be thin from within.

I HAVE THE RIGHT TO DECLARE MY THIN-DEPENDENCE!!!

I pledge allegiance to myself, the special person that I am, and to this body in which I live, one day, one meal, one moment while I live.
I will not look back to see any wrong, nor cross that bridge that hasn't come, but start each day fresh and new, ready to learn, and feel special too!!

See you ladies tomorrow. Have a good night.

Cheryl