Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 04-12-2006, 10:21 PM   #31  

Height: 5'5"

I am loving it! I love that the program takes out 90% of the choices i have to make. I mean I pick a breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, and my protiens and veggies I want to add- which I enjoy doing- but I don't have to look in my cupboard and try to figure out what I should make, what I should eat, how much do I have etc. The portion control helps immensly. Yes sometimes I start to get hungry before dinner- but that's okay with me! There's nothing bad about feeling your internal cues every now and then. In fact I think when i was eating such huge portions that I never felt hungry in between meals, I really couldn't tell when to stop eating because I never felt the hunger, so I couldn't feel it go away. Does that make sense? Anyways I am liking it. It takes away my impulse choices- ie grabbing a HUGE bagel with GLOBS of cream cheese from the local deli for breakfast. :-( Before I was gaining about 1 lb a week... now I am losing on average 2 lbs a week. I couldn't be happier. I never feel light headed or weak or woozy as I have felt doing extreme dieting before.

as for the food- overall its pretty good! and the so-so food is made up for by the quick and easy preparation.

effectiveness - 10/10
food taste- 7/10
food quality 7/10
ease of following the plan 9/10
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 02:59 PM   #32  
supaphatchick

I totally identify with your post, readyfreddy!
I lost track of portion sizes (I have done N/S in the past then Jenny Craig...lost all my weight on both to gain it back again)...and decided i needed something VERY simple and easy. I simply can not plan things out. I can't even cope with having to eat A lunch with A breakfast (Jenny Craig...well back in mid 90s not sure if they still do that now). So I went back to N/S.

N/S is not that expensive either if you compare it to eating out all the time like I do (I am for one the queen of drive-thrus!).

People gripe about how small the food portion is and expect it to taste like normal table food. it ain't going to since it is all about convienence. It is though pretty good this time around compared to when I did it back in the early 90s.

I do eat more protein than the plan has for me (I am not 100 bls to lose) because I am on diabetec drugs and I watch my sugar lows. I am not diabetec but I am definitly pre-diabetec. My glucose was 92 after a day of fasting on my last blood test. If it got up to 100, that is medically pre-diabetec. Argh! Doctor said though that once I lose enough weight, it will come down.

Source
Normal fasting blood sugar levels are considered those that fall below 99 milligrams per deciliter (mg/dl) of blood, while anything between 100 and 125 mg/dl is considered pre-diabetic, according to the National Institute for Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. Once fasting glucose levels rise to 126 mg/dl and above, a person is considered diabetic. Fasting glucose levels are taken after a person hasn't eaten for at least eight hours.

The fact that N/S is made in mind with a lower sugar, lower carb rate is such a blessing!

I saw the scale drop this week...but I am preparing for the fact it may got up and down before I "officially weigh" myself on Sunday (my weigh in day).
AmericanWomansong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 11:09 AM   #33  

Thumbs up Beginning week 3

I have been on Nutrisystem three weeks now. I am down about six pounds. The scales go up and down thru-out the week. I am trying to figure out which day I weigh less, so that can be my weigh-in day. haha.
Most of the foods I like, the ones I don't I just make sure I don't order again.
6 down 26 to go.
bumpey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 10:22 PM   #34  
On my way to a better ME!

S/C/G: 250/ticker/135

I just bought it today
Rocker Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 01:23 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 311/195/145

I started Nutri-System on July 30, 2005 and have lost 116 lbs as of today. (Starting weight 311...current weight 195).

I find the plan very simple to follow and enjoy the food. You just have to weed out the entrees that don't appeal to you and order only those that do. I don't like to cook, so the convenience that NS offers was a real selling point and the plan has taught me portion control and the importance of eating small, balanced meals throughout the day.

No diet plan is right for everyone, but this one has been great for me.
cmbaj310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 12:39 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 160/142/130

I considered myself still on NS, even though I eat other things, too. I really like NS, as the pounds and inches really came off easily and quickly. Does anyone watch Celebrity Fit Club? A few seasons ago, they put the celebs on NS, even though they didn't advertise it. I figured if they thought it was a good program, then I would give it a try. It really does work.
spunky1 is offline   Reply With Quote