Old 06-29-2006, 07:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 234.4/199/155

Default Stuck

I have been on plan for about five/six weeks. I have lost about 12ish pounds. However, I have been stuck in the same two pound range for the past three weeks. I have been POP except for dinner last Saturday and the Saturday before Father's day- I had a barbecue. Even then, it was not an all out pigout.

I have been exercising more, drinking water, taking the darn pills and still the needle stays stuck.

Please tell me it will move soon!

Does anyone regularly do TO to get yourself going again? Do you find that you gain back some of the water weight lost after? I am seriously considering do TO over the weekend.
Cheekyamero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 08:03 PM   #2  

I don't like Take Off, so I don't do it.

One thing I have had to realize for myself is that one day off-plan can ruin a whole lot of on-plan days. It doesn't take much to un-do all the good work that you have done! Why that is the case, I don't know, but it is true!

Of course, you can try take off. Or, you can write every single bite and follow your plan to the letter and see what happens. I have heard of a few splurges followed by strict adherence being enough to "shock" the body into releasing the weight that it is holding onto.

Plateuas are normal. You've had spectacular results and are to be congratulated!

Andi
wtxchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 08:12 PM   #3  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Cheeky - IMO you haven't been on plan long enough to do TO yet, I would wait. Are you possibly at a weight you were at not too long ago? Your body remember's things like that. Your body may also be adjusting to the new weight you are at.
Are you eating the same thing every day or are you mixing things up? How much exercise are you doing? Have you tried doing hot lemon water?

I know it's hard to not get frustrated. I stalled at exactly a 20 lb. loss and stayed there for almost 5 weeks. At any rate, you are eating healthier and getting exercise and that is nothing but good for your body. Have patience, it will happen. Keep your chin up.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 08:15 PM   #4  
Katie

Height: 5'1

This is going to sound insane, but if I were you, I would stop exercising for a couple of weeks, stay POP, and see what happens. My money is that you will start losing again. For some crazy reason, many of us have found that exercise really slows the weight loss. Weird, I know, but it is true.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 08:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Cheeky - I posted this yesterday in Losers and Friends. I did exactly what you did, and here's what I was told by my COD:

I was doing great for the first 7 weeks, and then I stopped dead. I would lose .2 or .4 then stay the same for two WI's, etc. I even gained 1 lb. even though I was POP. My counselor made some suggestions and I'll pass them along:

1. Egg Beaters for breakfast. I put 1/2 P and 1 slice of RF cheese on a 50 calorie tortilla (La Tortilla Factory - LAWL dietician confirmed with COD that it is 1S).
2. Tuna. Mix 1 can w/1T RF mayo, some Moton Lite Salt, pepper, onion powder. I actually make a few servings at once in the food processor to use during the week. Put on lettuce, tortilla, pita, etc.
3. Fruit. Try to get it all in by 5:00. If not, have berries which are lowest in carbs.
4. Tilapia (MY FAVORITE). Sprinkle fish w/Morton Salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder and spray pan with Pam. Pan fry over med-high heat. Before you turn the fish, spray the top w/Pam so it gets brown on both sides. When it's done, spread 1T horseradish sauce on fish and top w/ 1 or 2 oz. Kraft RF Parmesan Topping (depending on how much dairy you have left). It sounds like a weird combination, but it is really good. I'm addicted - I have it about 3 x's/week now. It counts at 1P, 1C, 1/2 or 1D.

Anyway, incorporating these foods into my plan really helped. I got me to lose between 1.5-2.5/week.

But stick with it - everyone loses differently, and you need to be patient (even though you want results NOW)

YOU CAN DO IT
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

cheekyamero sometimes we eat on plan but we can still eat the wrong things. If you dont mind maybe you can post what you have been having in 1 day and i might be able to give you some advice. It is frustrating when we dont lose and we can get discouraged but i promise you that the scale will move again. I am kind of having the same problem right now but i got to be honest i havent been POP everyday so its my own fault. Take off is harsh but if you want to lose the water weight the hot/warm lemon water really works. hard going down but works. when i was about 3lbs from my original goal of 140lbs and running out of weeks 1 of the counselors told me to have only 40cal bread as my starch, chicken or light fish/tuna for my protein, yogurt or cheese for my dairy and watermelon or canteloupe for my fruit for 1 week. I did this and lost 2lbs that week which i havent done in a while. Its not hard to lose 2lbs in the first few months but after that it does slow down. On another LAWL forum i go to they have this thing called boost, my COD never told me about this but the gals did. Here is what it is

21 DAY BOOST

DAY 1 & 2 TAKEOFF
DAY 3 & 4 REGULAR PLAN
DAY 5-9 SUBSTITUTE 1 SLIM DOWN SHAKE FOR 1 PROTEIN AND 1 STARCH
DAY 10 & 11 REGULAR PLAN
DAY 12-17 SUBSTITUTE 1 SLIM DOWN SHAKE FOR 1 PROTEIN AND 1 STARCH
DAY 18 & 19 REGULAR PLAN
DAY 21-21 TAKEOFF

Slimdowns are expensive so i used slimfast optima instead. This is supposed to boost your weightloss and for me it worked.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Good Advice, Debbie. I'm going to save your response so that the next time I'm stuck, I'll try one of your suggestions.

Thanks for sharing!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:39 PM   #8  
Deb on LAWL

Debbie- That sounds exactly like what they were advertising for the 6 week challenge a couple of months ago.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:48 PM   #9  

Yeah my COD never even told me about boost even when i was stuck for about a month. Inconsistancy again huh?? I think i need to do boost. I just dont like TO but I think next week i'll do it (just did TO 2 weeks ago). I need something to get me going again also.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:57 PM   #10  
Deb on LAWL

Cheeky- one thing you want to watch with the TO is for some people, the more they do it the less it works. You also should follow a 4 day plan with little or no condiments and light starches to keep the weight off. I just did it for the 3rd time in 5 months and I lost 6.6 lbs., but we will see if it holds over the next few days.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:43 AM   #11  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Cheeky--I hate to be a downer but TO (either with Knudsen's or LA' TO juice) has never affected my scale, just gets my food cravings back in check. I am probably the exception to the TO rule. Plateaus (unfortunately--many of us are too aware) are the reality of losing weight.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 04:12 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 234.4/199/155

Wink thanks

thanks to all that responded. I know that slow to lose, more likely to stick. It is hard when you try to be POP and have one little meal off the plan and it effects you for a long time after. It helps to know that it happens to all.

Anyway, I am pleased to advise that I lost three lbs since monday! I did lots of lemon water (my toilet paper consumption definately has gone up! )

I think I will wait on the TO- when I did it at first, I didn't like it much but boy that first meal with some starch was like I died and went to heaven
Cheekyamero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 05:08 PM   #13  
Losing the Weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie24
Slimdowns are expensive so i used slimfast optima instead. This is supposed to boost your weightloss and for me it worked.
Interesting. Thanks Debbie for that info. I have a whole TRUCK Load of slimfast optima at my house and haven't done anything with it for fear it would cause problems. Occassionally I'd like to use one of those for a starch and protien. I kind of like those when I have a real craving for chocolate!
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 05:32 PM   #14  

You're welcome Joan, the cappuccino delight is yummy and the french vanilla is my 2nd fav. If you are going to do boost do not have the slimfast everyday at the same time that way your body does not get used to it. It is such a good way to use the P & S especially if you are sick of chicken.
Old 07-01-2006, 07:51 PM   #15  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs up

Debbie and Cassi - great tips...I actually filed them off in my PLATEAU file. I haven't gotten there yet (I've only been on the program one week), but I know I will. I weighed today and was down 5 lbs for my first week. While I know most of us tend to lose this much our first week due to water weight, total change in eating, etc., the 5 lb loss hadn't happened for me before. Last time I tried WW, I think it took me 3 weeks to lose those first 5 lbs, so I was pretty psyched. Another neat thing is that for months I have had shoulder pain and it has substantially subsided (I think that's because I'm eating less salt and less processed food and my internal inflammation is under better control).
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote