Old 06-22-2006, 09:20 AM   #1  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Talking Land O Lakes Carb Free whipped cream

just wanted to let you ladies know that land o lakes has made a carb free whipped cream in a can. it is so yummy. I get mine at walmart, but I am sure that they have them anywhere.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:13 PM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I buy this too and put it on my carb-free jello or on raspberries or strawberries and it is really yummy.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 08:21 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

I can't wait to find that!! Thanks for the heads up!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:15 AM   #4  
It's my perogative!

another really yummy thing I do is I love having the atkins shake for dinner and i will put it in a glass and spray that whipped topping on and it is oh so yummy and if i want something a little heavier, i will put the shake in a blender and add a tray of ice and a very small amount of splenda, not even a packet full and blend that and put that whipped topping and OMG it is oh so yummy.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:36 PM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

Sounds like a nice option when i'm not in the mood to make my own (or out of the chargers)

I have an iSi whip cream maker. You just put 1 C heavy cream in (and I add a little splenda and vanilla {or coconut or banna or...} flavor to it) stick on the little charger tube and there you go. Fresh LC whipped cream.

This is what it looks like...
TravelinGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:04 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

That's a cool looking object! I bet that comes in handy a LOT in making whipped topping. Sure beats bringing out the hand mixer to make it!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:14 AM   #7  
It's my perogative!

Hey that is pretty cool, where would you go about buying one from?
Old 06-29-2006, 10:02 AM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

It IS handy! Especially since I don't have a hand mixer! I have a 500 lb Kitchenaid mixer. I hate clutter, so it goes under the cabinet after use - so it doesn't come out for just whipped cream. LOL (OK, so it's not 500 lbs - but if you've ever lifted one, you know what I mean!)

I did a web search and ordered mine from the place that had the best price (remember to include shipping before you make the final decision). iSi whip cream (or whipped) is a good search string. They have different styles of canisters. This one was less expensive and it has fewer parts.

I ordered my refill N2O chargers off eBay (search string - iSi charger). Looks like they have some iSi whip cream makers there too (search string - iSi whip cream). Make sure you don't get the soda one by mistake!

The have something listed as a charger cracker - no clue what it is, but everything you need should already come with the original device. You don't need to buy this 'cracker' whatever it is.

Also, I do not recommend the half pint - 1 pint is a good size. I've never had the whipped cream go bad in it.

Last edited by TravelinGal; 06-29-2006 at 10:10 AM.
TravelinGal is offline   Reply With Quote