Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-27-2006, 11:40 AM   #1  
Beth

S/C/G: 200/147/130

Default July 4 goal-1 week to go

Okay, Ladies, one week to go. How are all of you doing? Well not good for me. I have one more pound to lose but have been trying to lose that one pound now for 3 weeks. I want to get to my goal weight. So back to the starting board.

How about you???????
azul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

So I was reading thru old threads and I realized that this was a 12 week challenge, and I aimed for 20 pounds.. but I'm only down 13! I'm still proud of myself, thats still over a pound a week (just barely!) I might even be down another pound by the 4th!

Whats next? I know for myself my next goal will be for August 18th (day before my birthday and day before my vacation). In an ideal world I'll be down 15 pounds, but even if I get under 220 I'll behappy

azul - congrats to you, you are almost at your goal You can totally lose 1 pound in a week, you know how to do it! I'm thinking I need to get back to taking vitamins, drinking more water, exercising and counting calories as I did in the beginning. You will do it!

How's everyone else? You know who we haven't seen in a while lumifan! Come out everyone!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:56 PM   #3  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I am doing okay, I think at the beginning I set myself a goal of 25 pounds. I have lost 15 so far and hope to be down another 2 by the end of the week. I wanted to be at 170 by July 23 but changed that to 180. That seems more doable. We shall see! I am smartning up and eating better.

azul - you are so close!! work extra hard this week!!!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/152/123

Height: 5'1"

Lost total of 3 out of 6 so far, but I'm playing with the same pound now. I will probably not lose three more pounds before next week, but I will get tighter on my eating and continue my daily exercise. Now that I'm closer to goal, I'm not dropping off as quickly. It's okay, just something to learn about myself and adjust.

Good luck to the rest of you!
softballmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone--I haven't posted in awhile because I was away visiting my family and didn't always have internet access. Unfortunately, I GAINED a pound while away...which I kind of figured was going to happen. My family is VERY food focused. I let myself have things that aren't so healthy while I was there, but tried to watch portions at least. So...I'm still 5 pounds away from my July 4 goal...guess I'm not going to lose that in a week! I need to reassess my goals and get back on track! I'd be up for another challenge. I really want to lose a decent amount of weight by Labor day weekend...a good friend of mine is getting married that Sunday and I want to get a new dress in a smaller size!

Hope everyone else is doing well...I'm a bit out of the loop because I haven't had a chance to go read the old posts yet.
lovemygordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:15 PM   #6  
Starting Fresh

lovemygordie - did you have a hard time finding your boston terrier? It looks like if I want one I am going to have to wait until the fall or next summer (I heard training in the summer is better) I have called so many people and emailed, it is totally crazy.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi Courtnie--

It definitely isn't easy to find a BT puppy, especially from a reputable breeder. Unfortunately, the breeder we got Gordie from was not so reputable, which we didn't really know at the time. I should have done more research into the whole process. Hopefully some of those links I sent you will be helpful!
lovemygordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:53 PM   #8  
Starting Fresh

I just saw an ad in the paper for some and I was like OMG and almost starting freaking out, but it was too good to be true. I call the number and got "this number can not be completed as dailed." I think the area code might be wrong, but they are kinda far away and selling for a lot less so if there really are some they are not a good breeder
Old 06-27-2006, 03:14 PM   #9  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Well I am 8lbs from where I wanted to be but thats ok....I still had a loss and I know it will not be the last.

I am working on the last 23 now and I need a cyber kick in the butt to get mine in gear. I dont feel like working out and I am not eating that great eather. I will be working on this the next weeks to come.
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:06 PM   #10  
Fat-be-gone

there ya go La3y!!!

Don't worry about not making goals everyone. I gained 8 pounds instead of losing anything. So be grateful for that!! I changed my goal so I am going for 3 pounds by July 4th. I won't say I made this challenge, it's just my own personal thing.

But you guys are still doing great so keep it up. Hopefully more pounds will be shed by Tuesday!!!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:50 AM   #11  

Rosario - you haven't gained 8 pounds! I thought you started this challenge at 228-229? Don't worry about me not being in the 230's with you, with TOM I am hitting 230 on some mornings! TOM is a pain! OMG girl, can you not wait to never see 200 again?? I'm sick of the 2's!

la3y - 23 pounds left? You go girl!! (sorry to pull a ricky lake on yah..) How much have you lost total?

I did so good today, decent breakfast, high protein lunch, I was doing SO good, I even went for a 30 minute walk in this crazy heat! And then dinner came It's just too hot to cook.. so we got takeout. But I'm gonan focus on the positive, I exercised! I have an interview tomorrow morning, 8:30am, it's for a manager position at my current job.. not sure I want it, but I figure its better to go for it until I know exactly what I want. I'll let you know how it went tomorrow night!

-Aimee
Old 06-28-2006, 09:11 AM   #12  
Starting Fresh

Aimee - good luck on that interview! First thing you want to do as a manager is FIRE that girl - you know who! haha

I think I found the type of dog I want, it is called Shiba Inu (google it) - it is cute, the right size (a little big bigger), sounds like a great little dog! My aunt has a couple and tho I only seen one for a couple weeks once I remember it was a cool little dog. There is a lady here is town working on getting her female pregnant now - so she should have puppies in the winter or something! but I dunno, I could have a Boston Terrier sooner I think... I still haven't fully decided.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:18 PM   #13  
Fat-be-gone

aimee-i thought i started at 224. i have so many challenges going on, it's hard to keep track. I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THE ONES, either!!! I am so excited to be down to what I was in high school (which was pretty big, but smaller than I am now). It's TOM for me too, so I guess that's why I have been feeling ball-like. How did your interview go?? And I am going to second firing that one girl too!!

courtnie-maybe you should just go to a pound and pick a dog out. you know how they say "don't try to find love, let it find you". maybe that applies to a finding a dog too. who knows, maybe one day you'll go for a walk and one will follow you home. lol

yuck....i keep catching a glimpse of myself in the windows. I am definitely looking rounder. LOL and i so wanted to wear something cute for a date with my bf on his birthday. <sigh> oh well just as long as I keep excercising and watching what goes in my mouth, i should be okay!

smell ya later!!!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:59 PM   #14  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Well I "Ricky" I have lost 44 lbs....lol

I have had a bad last few days and I had to jump start this thing again! I got my note book out and I am logging every thing !!!!!!

I will not give up!!!
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:29 PM   #15  

Alright ladies.. I was asked if I want to be the manager of my store. Which sounds better than it really is... I have to fix all the mistakes of the previous and current manager, its LOTS of works! And I'm thinking they'll pay me approx. 25,000K a year. I don't know, it's a hard decision.. and I cannot get ahold of my mom! Who I definitely need to talk to! I have been asked to apply for positions that would pay me more.. I'm torn. I'm not entirely sure about the 25K either, thats just an approximation, the actual number could be higher or even lower. I don't know!

Rosario - in high school I was 163 and wore 31 inch waist jeans.. You know, it's funny, my friend and I wore the same size and I was 163 and she was 135 pounds. I feel like I can't even do up my jeans these days, I have to awtch what I eat otherwise I really can't do them up! lol.. oh TOM.. mine ends tomorrow thank goodness You have such a cute face in your picture, you totally look hot!! I doubt you really are round.. our minds can play tricks on us. But drink water, it'll help make you feel less bloated.. oh, and eat asparagus, it's a natural dieurtic ( I cannot spell!).

Courtnie - I don't know if I really will fire that girl.. here's my logic.. I don't want to do retail for the rest of my life, I want bigger and better things. She doesn't seem to have those same goals.. those life-ers are the ones the company needs. But that being said.. boy I'd love to have a great staff that supports me! She was on her best behaviour today, she's starting to get that I may decide to be the manager.

la3y - wow.. 44 pounds!! Congrats! So you really know how to lose those last pounds! Whats the plan?

Alright, well I don't know if I did good or bad today, I didn't sleep much last night (had to drive the bf to work this morning at 5am).. I'm going to sleep good tonight

-Aimee