Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 06-28-2006, 02:37 PM   #1  
Beam me up Scotty!

S/C/G: 310/218/140

Height: 5'6"

Default "Hybrid" Hamburger

Well, of course! Why not? I had to laugh when I read an article on a company in Chicago that had finally developed a half beef, half soy product. It makes a lot of sense, less calories, less fat but still the same "mouth feel" as the regular thing.

What struck me so was a quote from a senior research analyst at the marketing firm promoting this product. She stated, "There are a lot of people who try to cut back on meat. Just think - if half your meat is soy, you can have twice as many portions."

YEAH!!! Just think, twice the portions! Isn't that the type of thinking that got most of the overweight public where they are today???

Just what we need!
cantforgetthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:52 PM   #2  
hara hachi bu

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantforgetthis
She stated, "There are a lot of people who try to cut back on meat. Just think - if half your meat is soy, you can have twice as many portions."

YEAH!!! Just think, twice the portions! Isn't that the type of thinking that got most of the overweight public where they are today???

Just what we need!
HA HA HA! The idea of a half-soy burger is good, though! But yes, not so we can eat two of them!
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/204/170

Height: 5'6

I had the same reaction when I read the article and saw that quote. I thought to myself, "Wow..she must not be a dieter!"
Allikat is offline   Reply With Quote