The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 06-28-2006, 12:40 PM   #1  

Default New to Jillian . . . is she trying to kill me?

I didn't know who Jillian was until I purchased her double DVD pack Maximum Front and Back. I am not a work out novice, but she made me feel like I'd never worked out in my life!!! Please, someone, tell me it gets easier.

When I purchased the DVDs my intention was to do both workouts three days a week and then do 60 minutes of pilates mat work the other three days that I work out -- but as of yet, I've only managed to do but one of Jillian's DVDs a day and its only 30 minutes (if that!). . . . please, please, please tell me it gets easier.

She really kicks butt! I just ordered her kickboxing DVD to incorporate into my hopeful routine. . . .
Old 06-28-2006, 01:16 PM   #2  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

hehe.....YES!!! I have her double dvd set also....she does give a good workout doesn't she? good luck!! it will get easier, but not for awhile. Have you tried her workouts in her book? Its awesome.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:18 PM   #3  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi Travisli!

I have the DVDs, too, and although Jillian talks a lot about how tough her workouts are, I think that Bob's "TheBiggest Loser" DVD is harder for me! Maybe it's just that I like him so much more than Jillian! When I finish HIS DVD I REALLY am burning!!!

Have you tried "Turbo Jam" with Chalene Johnson? I really enjoy the DVDs!

Good luck on your exercise!

Cheryl
Old 06-28-2006, 01:23 PM   #4  

I have not tried her book work outs -- I'll have to look for this book. I have never watched The Biggest Loser, so I really didn't know who she was. But I'm paying attention now

thank you for the encouragement -- I will not give up. . .
Old 06-28-2006, 01:25 PM   #5  

No Cheryl, I've never tried Turbo Jam, I'll have to look into that as well :-)

And I will also take a peak at Bob's The Biggest Loser DVD -- I think variety is the key in working out. . . . so I'm open to checking it all out.

Thanks!!
Old 07-27-2006, 01:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 294/274/240

Howdy!
I wanna know if Jillian's kick boxing is anything like Billy Blanks Tae bo. Lots of punching and jogging, kicking etc.. he wears me out!
Old 08-15-2006, 12:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 236/224/155

Height: 5 ft 6 in.

I have the biggest loser dvd and it is tough! I don't have any of Jillian's though. I don't think I could do hers!
Old 08-17-2006, 12:05 AM   #8  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Ladybud - from what I've seen of Bob on the show he's a deceptively tough trainer...you might be stronger than you think.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:49 PM   #9  
New Beginning, New ME!

S/C/G: 162/133/125

ummmmm ok i feel like a weakling here..i too am new to Jillian. I knew this workout was gonna be hard but I only got to the cruches part of the frontal dvd before i had to stop from being so shakey

Opinions wanted here: should I lay off these dvds completely or just take myself to my limit each day?

I plan to stop for today (except 2-3 miles on the treadmill later) and then do the back one tomorrow till I get to this point with that one.

would it be benificial for me to do this? or is the 10-15 minutes i manage not worth it? I really like the challenge but MANNNN it wore me out so quickly!

Any opinions welcome...even if you wanna say how out of shape i must be haha
Old 09-06-2006, 04:29 PM   #10  
Nikkii from Australia

S/C/G: 101/90/56

Height: 156cm

hi ladies, i have and do all of Jillians work outs and i am currently training a lady on the cardio kickbox dvd,,,,advice i give to her, is to do the novice, dont over exert yourself just do what you can do....it does get easier! When i started, i was buggered just on the warm up alone. My friend is over 160kg, i get her to practice the dvd moves for co-ordination during the week, and we do the dvd every friday together. It is week 5 now, she still has trouble with co-ordination but her drive to keep going and complete the dvd has grown, that she now does the whole lot.
You know you can do it!
Regards
Nikkii
Old 09-07-2006, 11:34 PM   #11  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaLee View Post
ummmmm ok i feel like a weakling here..Opinions wanted here: should I lay off these dvds completely or just take myself to my limit each day?:
If you want to laugh at some chicks who sound just like you - go check out the beginning pages of the exercise thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaLee View Post
would it be benificial for me to do this? or is the 10-15 minutes i manage not worth it? I really like the challenge but MANNNN it wore me out so quickly!
Ain't no such thang as not worth it.....just start with what you can manage - it does get easier! When the DVD's get boring - get the book!

Fabulous before and afters, too!
Old 09-08-2006, 05:20 AM   #12  
Nikkii from Australia

S/C/G: 101/90/56

Height: 156cm

You said it chick in the hat. It is not ever meant to be easy!! But We all know you can do it! The more you do it, and your exercise fitness levels improve you will soon be crusing through and be looking for more of a challenge. When it does get easy, on the advanced level, do the dvd twice one after the other, and if you anit aweatig by then well ,,,,,,im jealous!
Keep going Lea Lee there is no such meaning to i can't do it! say you can and you can! Keep pics at your heaviest weigh, and reflect on them. It should give you the energy to do the dvd 10 times over...it is a tool i use to overcome the negitivity in my training. And reflection over my personal diary. But pic is more effective method.
Nikkii
xxx