Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-27-2006, 11:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 208/165/140

Height: 5'6"

Default So excited

Now i normally dont freak out to much about my scale at home i know it will go up and down but when i return to the doctors i getupset if i didnt get anywhere. Well last time i went to the doctor *not that long ago* i was 208 and today i am 200lbs. i about freaked cause my scale was saying 202lbs. so good to know that my scale is a bit off. * i figure the scale there has always been in the same spot and mine moves around so it might not be right* anyways i wanted to share that. I was put on some medication for my migranes and she told me it will cause me to lose weight. *okay* so we will see if it effects me or not. i usually dont take anything for weight loss but this isnt for that althought it is something that happens too if it helps my head then ok. ive been on that fastin*phentermine* and i droped 20lbs the first month *eating high fiber cereal in the am, slimfast and the pill for lunch, and then salad or potatoe for dinner *as much of either as i wanted* well that got old and after the first month it stoped helping .. i didnt gain back but still i was on go all day long. anyways have a great day im in a better mood now.

misty
Chatterbox1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:36 PM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Congratulations. My doctor scales always weigh me a couple lbs. higher. I would be thrilled if it ever showed me lower. WTG.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:36 PM   #3  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Congratulations on your 8 lb. loss!
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:16 PM   #4  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Awesome! Congrats!!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:01 PM   #5  
sli
On A Mission

S/C/G: 209/135/130

Congrats!!!
sli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:09 PM   #6  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I try to weigh twice before going to the doc. Once in the a.m. before getting dressed and before eating and then right before leaving for the doc. Like to see the difference in their scales and mine. There is usually a 3-5 pound (more/higher)difference...one because of a meal or two and two because I am fully dressed and three, because I think their scales are more accurate than mine and sometimes the nurse is in too big a hurry to get an accurate reading-it's get on and get off and she always thinks I weigh a LOT more than I do. It doesn't bother me though...I go by mine. Anyway...CONGRAT'S! And glad you are in a better mood!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 187/171/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Congrats!

It's always a boost to see a lower number, isn't it!
GenreGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 208/165/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Well

there scale the last time said 208 and mine said 206 this time mine says 202 and theres 200. Like i said mine gets moved around so i was a little worried going in there but they always start it at 150 and move up. well she got to about 195 and nothing so she went to 295 and went down and got to 208 and i wanted to close my eyes and nothign happened and she got to the very end and nothing it was kind like it wouldnt move much well she fliped back to 150 and went to the end and it started moving so maybe im closer to hiting 199 then i am at 200 so . i was like thats ok with me at least im not at 208. i felt bettre and ive had a hard time this weekend i mean extream stress that this isnt the right forum for but ive been enlightened and im gonna be off work a while and will be geting my house in order *wont take more then 1 hour* and spend time with the boys* *quick off topic question.* how do you explain to a 6 year old that there grandma doesnt want to see them ever again? he should be asking to talk to her again soon and i dont have the heart to tell him she just doesnt want us. i want him to feel as little pain as possible.*? thanks to any replys
Chatterbox1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:58 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatterbox1982
how do you explain to a 6 year old that there grandma doesnt want to see them ever again? he should be asking to talk to her again soon and i dont have the heart to tell him she just doesnt want us. i want him to feel as little pain as possible.*?
Whoa. I hate to advocate lying, but is a 6 year old ready to hear that truth? If there's no chance you might bump into her, maybe tell him that she has moved away? Maybe send birthday cards/Christmas present "from Grandma?" (my first thought was to tell him she died, but that's too big of an untruth, although really, she kinda deserves it).
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote