General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

View Poll Results: When you have doc appt and you ask for time off
Boss has no problem 20 95.24%
Boss makes a big deal out of it and argues with you 0 0%
You call in sick that day 0 0%
other specifiy 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 09:15 PM   #1  

Default Doc appts and work vent and poll

It really irritates me when i make a doctor appt and then I let my supervisor know and she makes a big deal out of it, making sure no one else is off that day, etc (it is not like I am missing a whole day of work), etc etc.. and i have to "fight" with her about it.. and i think that is totally stupid because your health is more important ... and if you are not healthy, employeers can lose us if we became sick, disabled, etc if we don't take care of ourselves. Should I take this to HR and talk about it? There shouldn't be any guidelines to making doc appts? YOu can't make doc appts at night beause they dont have evening hours! I am so

I have pain in my butt cheek, and I need physcial therapy but I am having hard time commiting to that because I reallllllllllllllllly hate asking for time off because of this!

Any advice?
Old 06-27-2006, 09:55 PM   #2  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm not too sure about the legality of not allowing you to keep a doctor's appointment. But it does seem like it should be in your bosses best interest to have a healthy employee. Are you sure the boss in question is not the cause of the pain in your rear? Sorry - I know it's not funny to be in pain...but I couldn't stop myself.
Is there a boss higher up than yours that you could talk to? I hope you get the physical therapy you need
Old 06-28-2006, 01:19 AM   #3  

LOL its ok.. nice that you have sense of humor (so do I)....

It would be hard, because there is alot of favorism and neoptism at work ... I had no problems with doc appts when I had the 7 am to 330 pm shift, but the production managers for the dept I work in had changed my hours to 8 to 5 pm WITHOUT talking to me about it at all ... for coverage because they did some lay offs and that was over a year ago.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:56 AM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

This is part of the reason that I stay home now. I have a long-term illness and it was impossible to keep my full-time nursing job and be able to keep my Dr's appointments. You would think they would be more understanding especially since I worked at a hospital. But, they never were. So, I can understand your dilemma.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:16 AM   #5  
Nut Gatherer

S/C/G: 145/145/125

Height: 5'4"

I'm really luck, my boss is great about sick leave, even if it's last-minute stuff like when I was worried about my depression a few months back. I should mention that we're the only two in our department, so it usually means he has to pick up my slack then. But like Chick said, he'd rather I be healthy then not.
Closed Thread