Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 11:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Default Anyone try Slimming Shapers?

Yes, I'm guilty of watching those stupid informercials. It's basically a girdle. I don't mind girdles, but they tend to be so uncomfortable. Until I get the body I want, I have no problems faking it.

These seem to be a good price and squeeze everything in from the below the breast to top of the knees. I just wonder if you can still breath when you put it on and the sizing is S-XXL. I always have problems figureing out which size I am when ordering stuff on-line.

https://www.asseenontvnetwork.com/vc...hapers/170587/

Thanks
Sarah
Old 06-26-2006, 07:18 PM   #2  

Height: 5 ft 3 in

I had a moment of weakness-I was working a graveyard shift at my job, watching TV to stay awake, and this infomercial came on about 2 or 3 am. They show really dramatic changes in how the women look in clothes, with and without the slimming shapers, and I was like "OH, yeah-sign me up!" The biggest advantage was that they aren't supposed to cause the "sausaged" look on the edges, or roll down from the top when you move. I called the number and was kept on the phone for about 20 minutes with the representative insisting I buy 10 pairs instead of just 2, which weren't a bad deal-along with some other products. Not that they were rude or anything-just wouldn't take no for an answer. It felt like a timeshare presentation
Anyway, I ordered only 2 pairs, one in nude, one in black. Was totally satisfied with the billing and shipment......just not the product.
They do appear to be very well made, I cannot however give testament to that fact as I didn't wear them for more than an excruciating 5 minute period, after which I ripped them off in a sweaty, claustrophobic panic. They definitely DO slim your appearance, so if it's REALLY important, like more important than breathing or moving, then it's a great investment.
If you think girdles are uncomfortable, don't bother with slimming shapers. They should have included with the purchase some crisco, a shoehorn, and a very strong assistant, because that's just about what it takes to get into these things. It's like wearing a full body corset made of rubber bands. They don't "breathe" at all. If you do decide to order, get the next size up from what they suggest, or even 2 different sizes to try.
I myself am going to stick to Spanx. They make a bunch of different kinds of underwear to slim wherever you need, and they're much more comfortable.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:05 PM   #3  
Have you exercised today?

S/C/G: 271/170/170

Height: 5'8"

I have not tried this product but I was tempted to order them but now I know better. Rebeleagle your description had me LMAO!!! Thanks for the great visual.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:39 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeleagle1965
They should have included with the purchase some crisco, a shoehorn, and a very strong assistant, because that's just about what it takes to get into these things.
I should have said very strong, blind, and MUTE assistant......

because my husband had to help me into them, and he got quite the kick out of it, too!
Old 06-27-2006, 01:07 AM   #5  
Have you exercised today?

S/C/G: 271/170/170

Height: 5'8"

Old 06-27-2006, 02:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
I cannot however give testament to that fact as I didn't wear them for more than an excruciating 5 minute period, after which I ripped them off in a sweaty, claustrophobic panic. They definitely DO slim your appearance, so if it's REALLY important, like more important than breathing or moving, then it's a great investment.
That's what I was wondering. Breathing for some strange reason is very important. Moving comes a close second and thin is basically last place.

All there models looked so comfortable and not sweating all over the place, the photo shoot was probably 60 degrees with a fan blowing on them to keep them so nice looking.

So, I wonder if I got a super bigger size if it would still squeaze me all in...oh wait it doesn't breath. I guess even if it's a good price if I don't wear it it's not worth it. I was hoping they work like spandex with a little more ummph.

Thanks for the graphic description.

Sarah
Old 06-27-2006, 10:07 PM   #7  

sarah-
have u ever tried Spanx? They have all different kinds of slimming underthings, and they're not nearly as constricting. Of course, you don't get the dramatic, 20 pounds thinner look like the models on that infomercial, but I really like them-they create smooth lines out of all my lumps and bumps. Oprah had a show about them....lots of stores sell them, but I bought mine at www.spanx.com because I live in BFE....click on either body shapers or slimming intimates depending on what you're looking for. Once you find what you want, do a yahoo search for spanx retailers-sometimes some of the online stores have better deals than the manufacturer's website. Hope this helps!
Closed Thread