Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2001, 07:43 AM   #1  
A princess in the making!

Talking 5 Weeks till Jolly Ol' St. Nick comes!

Okay as of this Sat. we have 5 weeks till xmas. I need to lose some weight, I am so uncomfortable and just plain pissed off at myself.

So once again...come join me in a goal to lose this stubborn fat. Okay mayb the fat is not stubborn just me.

Goal here 6 pounds!!!

I am at 225 (crap I was at 209 once)

P
Old 11-21-2001, 08:30 AM   #2  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Here we go...

Okay Pryia, great idea to start thinking about a new goal. This is such a tough time of the year and maybe we should consider maintaining at this time of year a success. I think I will make a goal although I'm not sure of my exact weight right now. I'll check tomorrow and make an official goal but I think I'll go for 5 pounds - that's one per week and I should be able to do that. If I look back that's what I lose on average. Some weeks is nothing and some are a little more but it always seems to work out to 1 pound per week - no real complaints about that. So I'll check my weight and get back to you but I'm in!!

Elisa
Old 11-21-2001, 09:10 AM   #3  

that is great that you want to maintain. But I know that I can an will lose 6 pounds during this season.

I think everyone needs to think about what is best for them. I do not want to maintain my current weight for even another day. I want to get off all the stuff that I have gained back.

Glad to have you join us.
Old 11-21-2001, 09:46 AM   #4  
Pink Thingy

I too need to get my big fat booty back into gear otherwise gonna have to call myself Bigger Fatter Booty Gonna get some scales tomorrow (as recommended by you guys) and then I will know exactly what I am dealing with. Not looking to maintain or gain, been doing that all freakin' year. I'm going for a loss - not sure what though
Old 11-21-2001, 10:55 AM   #5  

HI ALL.

WOW! You guys are going for the gold here! It's definitely possible, just tough. My weigh in this week was supposed to be Thursday so I don't have one. I would have had a gain as I've been a fudge-maniac. So I won't have an official weight to begin this goal until the 29th. My goal right now is to be at a maintain by then and not a gain! You all are very inspiring!

RABBIT
Old 11-21-2001, 07:32 PM   #6  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

I'm in!
Put me down for 5 pounds too. I'm too mad to stay the same. Even if it is the holidays. It is a good gift to give myself.

Pryia, glad to see you. I've been back and posting and then you lay low! Stick with me, here, friend. I need you!

Good luck all!

dani
starting 211.2
Old 11-21-2001, 08:45 PM   #7  

Oh, I like that thought, Happy, that it is a good gift to give yourself!!

RABBIT
Old 11-21-2001, 08:55 PM   #8  

Maybe I should just go by what I weigh today on my scales as my starting point and then keep using my scales for this challenge as opposed to ww scales (they are always very different, I weigh more at home). So then my goal is to weigh less than 170 on my at home scales (rarely has happened, but have been there once or twice recently).

This is a big goal. I must focus.

RABBIT

HO HO HO
Old 11-22-2001, 08:37 AM   #9  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Default Here I go....

Alright, well as I mentioned I've had a few bad days recently so I'll count my starting weight but what I weigh right now and that's 160 so I think I'll just aim for a 4 pound loss. I can do that!!

Rabbit - I also go by my home scale, it's very reliable even if it's a pound or two off the doctors' scale at my gym but I just weigh myself more often at home and I can never pretend that I don't know what I weigh!!

WE CAN ALL DO THIS!!

Elisa
Old 11-22-2001, 12:22 PM   #10  

Default Turkey Day!!

Happy Turkey Day!!!

I am so glad to see you all here. Yes I am going to really get this going. I am making a promise to myself. To POST every day!! I think that makes a big difference.

I was just listening to the Football pregame show. They did a segment on Gilbert Brown who lost 70lbs. And you know something about that just touched me. It is not impossible. Just a lot of hard work. And you know my biggest support is right here. Why is it in my time of need I run for cover. Don't know why but I am posting every DAY!!!

Hope you all have a great day!!

P
Old 11-24-2001, 05:29 PM   #11  

HI

Good luck all with your goals! This will be fun. I feel revitalized today.

Pryia - I think posting everyday is a great idea - it helps to stay focused.

I started counting points again today.

RABBIT
Old 11-24-2001, 08:26 PM   #12  

Wink I did it!!!

I stayed OP for 1 day. I am now on day 2.

Counting Points starting with night. Seemed to really be easy for me. Much easier than starting with Breakfast. Looking forward to those 5 Christmas pounds to go!! YEAH!!
Old 11-25-2001, 10:48 AM   #13  

CHECKING IN.

1.5 pounds down. (Unofficial) According to this morning's weigh in. I should have an official weigh in day though even though I'm using my home scales for this challenge. So I'll make it Thursdays since that's my ww day.

RABBIT

HO HO HO
Old 11-25-2001, 10:53 AM   #14  
Pink Thingy

Talking

hi all

I am still around, will definitely be getting my scales tomorrow. The thought of actually knowing what I weight currently is a bit scary, but I need to know what I will be dealing with. I have been comparing prices on the Tanita scales, going to buy one for about £44 (Ult 200 - I think), they have some really advanced ones, but I just can't justify £90 on scales. Wish me luck

Take care all

Old 11-25-2001, 12:50 PM   #15  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

OK, I'm in...have not weighed in recently, but I weighed in on my home scale, which is probably what I'll be going by for awhile anyway.

Starting NOV 25th: 239.5
Christmas Goal DEC 25th: 234

I just really wanna get under that 235 mark again...it's been too long. And I still need to get back to 226, which was my low point just over 2 yrs. ago!! I've been messing around for that long!!
Closed Thread