South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 08:29 PM   #1  
Who needs sleep?

Default Stopping by to say hello!

Hi all!

It's been ages since I've had time to visit. School has been keeping me soooo busy, as has DS (almost 2 1/2 now--I can hardly believe it!). I managed to survive the school year, and I even got nearly straight A's (one A- in math, and one B--in a programming class that I had a heckuva time with!). I've transferred to a community college close to home, which will save on gas and commuting time. It took me about an hour to get to the other college campus, and usually closer to two hours to get home in rush hour traffic. What a waste of time--I could have been studying! The one I transferred to is less than a mile from my house--I plan to walk when I'm able (time and weather permitting).

My diet is shot, as I knew it would be ; I've gained back all the weight I'd lost before plus a bit (that's always the way, isn't it?). I'm still too busy and poor for the SBD for now, but I've started to eat much more healthfully now that school's out. I've started cutting out some of that sugary crapola that crept back in, and I quit chips cold turkey...or potato--whatever! Summer is salad season, and that helps.

I could have done a lot better these past few months, dietetically; I think I just got tired of being a good girl ! But I'm also tired of being so heavy--I just need to remember that when I'm sitting there with my salad and unsweetened iced tea while DH eats a drippy cheeseburger and fries!

We're getting ready to go visit family in California , so I doubt I'll be back until we return mid-July. So I'll talk to you all later!
Old 06-27-2006, 10:29 AM   #2  

Hi, Heather! Just take what you have learned from South Beach and use it to make healthier choices and that will be better in the long run than not following it at all. Come back when you can. We'll keep your beach towel ready.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:32 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Nice to hear from you, Heather. Enjoy your summer after all your hard work.
Closed Thread