Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-26-2006, 04:24 PM   #1  
Life's Short, Paint Naked

S/C/G: 226/tkr/150

Height: 5'4

Default When AF is in town

I have been doing really well occupying myself in other ways when a craving hits, finding something healthy to munch on or whatever. I know that it's about just making a choice not to eat [insert vice here] and moving on until the craving passes, which it almost always does, or just replacing it. But man, AF is here and she is ravenous. Try as I might, I can't shake the cravings! I am doing pretty well- if I am craving chocolate, I'll have a 100 calorie oreo pack, or if I want something salty, I'll do a handful of wheat thins. But that viscious aunt spent 4 hours fighting me for a Dove bar. I tried to convince her that a sugarfree Fudgesicle was just as good, or a Skinny Cow, but she just wouldn't relent. I've been snacking more this week than I have been since I started. Soooo.... do you beat yourself up when AF comes? Do you give yourself a little cheating room there? I'm loading up on water to compensate, fighting the cravings like ****, but I know that this is my biology, I've always had this happen during that time of the month. What about y'all?
NakedHousewife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:36 PM   #2  
Beth

S/C/G: 200/147/130

oh yea, I am at a full force when that time comes. I try and cut stuff in half like the dove bar for example cut it in half and throw away the other have. that way you have only half of the fat and calories. I am just about due for mine and I can tell that it will be here soon. I just need to make sure like you said more water.
azul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:37 PM   #3  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

I'm expecting mine anytime now and my diet has been terrible since Friday night. Is it just me who thinks she's invincible this time of the month? I feel like I can eat anything and I'll be fine. It's such a bad attitude but now my ravenous appetite is ebbing so hmmm... I really hope these past two days haven't done too much damage. I hoping if it's an increase, then it's only a lb. That I can deal with.
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 187/171/130

Height: 5'4"

I have terrible cravings the week before AF gets here. This last time wasn't too bad, but that's pretty rare for me. When I crave chocolate I eat one square of a Godiva or Ghirardelli bar. Salty cravings I eat nuts (Making sure I measure them first). The best thing for me is to exercise hard no matter how rotten I feel. It seems to perk me up & help me feel better physically too. I like the idea of eating half portions to cope better- I'll have to try that next time.
GenreGirl is offline   Reply With Quote