Old 06-26-2006, 09:24 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Weekly Chat// June 26-July 2

Well, the weekend COULD have been better. But I've had worse ones. I wasn't OP the whole weekend. I slipped here and there. Cake and a couple egg rolls on Saturday. And a bowl of ice cream last night. But it wasn't TONS of stuff like usual. So I'm going to count this as a road to being completely OP! I did good at the graduation party until they cut the cake. Past up countless noodle salads, beans, chips and dips and other stuff like that. Ate fruits and veggies and plain meat. Yup, then they cut the cake. ARGH! I need to remind myself NOT to eat if I'm not hungry. And didn't drink a speck of the water I should be. So back to it!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning. Well I screwed up (finally) as well this weekend. But it was more out of revenge to get myself back for not losing weight this week. I figured, hey I bust my butt all week and don't cheat and this is what I get for it? I'll show you! and then I proceeded to have a 3 inch slice of french bread with butter, later a 1 inch slice of angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream and a chocolate chip cookie. ( did double time on the treadmill this morning to punish myself)
I think the real reason I cheated was not only didn't I lose weight last week (because that has happened plenty of weeks and Ikept going) but also because I have been having the bm problems like I mentioned and I didn't feel well at all this weekend. I think that exlax made me sick. I was a bit crampy and nauseaus (sp?) and really flet like my body was trying to tell me something. (oh yes, it was telling me that it wanted a piece of strawberry short cake!) well, whatever it was telling me Ididn't hear it because I don't feel that much better today.
Thanks lillybelle and robinw for your tips! I will put them to use this week. I was afraid of the psyllium husk isn't metamucil the stuff they say blows up in your stomach or something?
Well all, have a good day. I still hope to salvage this week. Just wish I was feeling better.

maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:42 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Maggie~ I've never had any trouble with metimucil or psyllium husk. I use psyllium husk "powder" in my protein shake every morning. I dont get any bloating at all...works great

Brenda~ You didnt do too bad!!! Aim for 6 full days op this week, then 7 the next, before you know it, you'll be 100% 24-7!

My first week back on induction and I managed to loose 8 lbs. Thats with about 1/2 the water I should have drank. About 32oz extra ontop of my coffee and iced green tea, and glass of water with meals. Not too shabby. Im going to increase my cardio this week by an additional 5 min....work my way up to 90 min total in the day.

here's to another successful week!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 06:19 PM   #4  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I did pretty decent this weekend but screwed up this morning. I weighed this morning and mad that the scale hadn't changed so I punished myself. I ate a banana and a low-carb breakfast bar with coffee. For lunch I had Bratwurst with sauerkraut. Snack was a LC tortilla with ham and cheese. I have already had too many carbs today but I am still hungry. I have ribs in the oven cooking and will have these with salad and a green veggie for dinner. I have watermelon calling my name right now. I am just totally frustrated and will try to do better tomorrow. Hanging on to these last couple lbs. is making me crazy. I have my doctor's appt. this Friday and so wanted to be at goal. Maybe after this appt. I can relax and finish to goal, my next appt. will be in 4 months. I am so stressed. I hate seeing the doctor. Sometimes, I feel that if I eat one extra carb in a week that I don't lose a bit. As you can see, my problem isn't junk food, it's fruit. Oh well, I'll try to get on treadmill but the mood I'm in, I was thinking maybe a trip to the mall for new shoes would be the way to go this evening. Good luck to everyone.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:09 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Maggie: Hope you feel better soon!

Robin: WTG on the 8 pounds! That is awesome! Wish I could do that! Keep up the great work!

Lily: Keep up the great work and you'll be at goal in no time!

If we can't eat some of the things we want (healthy things, that is)...when we want them, then is being skinny REALLY going to be worth it? What I mean is, if eating watermelon, grapes or whatever is going to keep us from being the size we want...is it a good thing? That's another question I've been struggling with lately. So I've been thinking my problem isn't that I've been eating strawberries or fruits...it's that my lazy butt isn't moving. I know, I know. People have told me exercise is NOT an option. Just thought I should get my eating under control first. Well, maybe I'm doing it backwards? Maybe I shoudl get the water and exercise under control and THEN worry about the rest of my eating?? What you all think?
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!
Well got my exercise in for the day. Feel good about that.

Brenda - I know what you mean about the fruit. I went to bed last night feeling guilty that I screwed up again but when I was going over what I ate - i coudn't find anything really bad, I had strawberries and blueberries. THat was it. why should I feel bad about that? I guess because the scale is just not moving for me the way it should I'm trying to stay on induction but God, it's FRUIT! With the way my stomach has been feeling I feel like it's calling out to me. So I'm gonna have it! The scale can't slow down much more!
About the exercise. I really didn't start exercising until this june challenge. I can't say that it has sped up my weight loss, but I think the inches are shrinking faster. and I think in the long run when you get where you want to be, you can have days when you go off plan but as long as your exercising you won't gain it back. I truely hated exercising and started at about 3 days a week now as we are nearing the end of the challenge, I am doing it every morning. I just feel better about myself the whole day, like I'm wearing a sign that says " I did my exercise today!"
The bad thing that I found with exercising though is that I'm definetely more hungry!
Lillybelle, I hear a little negativity in your post! Don't lose it now girl! I wish I had some encouraging words.I think if I were in your shoes I would go off plan for a few days and then jump back in full swing with induction. It might shock you into moving. Remember the first few weeks of induction way back when?

Robinw - WOW for you! great job. I think my days of losing 8 lbs a week are over. I can't even get that in a month! I'm jealous! YOu said your first week back on induction, were you just op with higher carbs are were you off for a while and then jumped back in?
THanks for the psyllium advice will go get some today.

have a good day all
maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:41 AM   #7  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

Brenda, my thoughts on exercise....I hate it too!!! I hate sweating, and breathing hard when its not a fun activity Im doing!!! But, when I keep up with my exercise and dont eat properly, I still manage to loose a lb or 2 a week. This puts me in the mentality.....hey, if Im loosing this just exercising, I'd loose alot more if I ate properly and exercised together....this usually gets me on the right track. You might find that you can eat this way on the weekends, with your exercise during the week, and you'll loose a lb or 2.

Have you thought about switching up your eating plan? Switch to calorie counting(low carb)....and allowing yourself "x" number of weekend calories, and when you've eaten them, thats it!!?

I have a conference call this morning I absolutely hate them!!!!!!!! To make it worse the consultatant we hired reminds me wayyyyyyyyy to much of my exhusband when he talks So my stress level over this situation is raging!! I want to let him go, but we have invested too much $$ already....and for me, he hasn't produced $2000 worth of consulting Today may be a total wash when it comes to food...meaning, I think dh will be taking me out for supper or a late lunch today!

Stress is my absolute worst enemy, I sure can't handle it like I used to I need to stay away from the chocolate, donuts and those damned hoho's!!! To top it off its raining and dreary dark here today

Oh, and my gym buddy hasnt been to the gym with me in over 3 weeks. She called this morning with another reason to not go....I was hoping to bounce stuff off her after this meeting.

We need a hair pulling out of my head smiley!!

So you think Im getting worked up over nothing??? Most likely eh?!!!

There is good stuff happening tomorrow tho So there is something to look forward to.

Well, I best get dressed, cant do business in my pj's even if nobody can see me!

Have a good one ladies!
Old 06-27-2006, 09:46 AM   #8  
Lovin' Life

Quote:
Robinw - WOW for you! great job. I think my days of losing 8 lbs a week are over. I can't even get that in a month! I'm jealous! YOu said your first week back on induction, were you just op with higher carbs are were you off for a while and then jumped back in?
THanks for the psyllium advice will go get some today.
I was in sugar **** for a couple weeks I manged to drag myself out of it, and get back to it. So its alot of water weight, I can really see it in my face. I dont look all puffy anymore.

Are you thinking of jump starting things a bit? Something that has worked for me is to have my protein/fibre shake in the morning, only eggs all day until supper, then chicken and a small salad. For 7 days. Switches things up on your body and dumps a few extra lbs for that week. I dont know if you remember Lacey, but she used to eat just eggs for 3 or 4 days to get the weight moving off again....worked great for her.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:00 PM   #9  
lilybelle

Hi everyone, I am more chipper today. BF was on program and this makes the rest of the day go smoother. I went shopping last night and did a lot of walking. Went to 6 stores before I found sandals that I wanted. Went all over the mall with my kids. I'm not at all giving up, but do definitely have a problem with craving fruits. I wouldn't dream of eating a candy bar, but OK it in my mind to have fruit. I know that I am stressed about this DR. appointment on Friday. He makes such a huge deal of my weight. When I saw him in February I was 169 lbs., so maybe he'll be satisfied with my progress. He did tell me on my last visit that taking off those last 20 lbs. or so would be a lot more difficult. My one year anniversary on Atkins was June 24th. I may take the girls swimming again today, changing my exercise up a little seems to help. Good luck to everyone.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:18 PM   #10  

This past weekend was my worst ever...I had a huge piece of birthday cake and ice cream both Sat and Sun! I also got my period so that explains it all. I have been journalling and I am only losing about 1-2 pounds per month-very slow!

Oh well, now I have strawberries and raspberries ripe in my garden, so I have been having a few each day, but staying under 25 grams of carbs daily.

I had a huge salad with tuna for lunch and hard boiled eggs for breakfast. Not sure yet about supper...
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:26 PM   #11  
GlamourGirl25

Hi Ladies,

Glam here! Fourth day of Induction and it's pretty tough. I'm over the "sick" feelings of withdrawal, now dealing with weird peaks and dips in energy though. Not the crazy carb rollercoaster, something different. Like I'm going about my day, feeling good then suddenly very fatigued. It's not as bad as carb cravings - nothing is - but I guess my body is still adjusting. I was very depressed the first three days of this induction, and I'm definitely climbing out of that now. Feeling a little crave-y right now, but I keep praying for strength to get through it. You guys have been very supportive, and I appreciate this website so much.

Lilybelle, lady adnerb, need to lose, robin, Ideal, and others - I've never stuck to a plan longer than three weeks. Even though it's hard for some of you right now, you are such an inspiration. Keep going, because you're such great role models for newbies like me!!!!!!

Hope you all have a great day and send good Atkins thoughts to me!!!!! Every bit helps!!!

Love,
Glam
Glamourgirl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:20 PM   #12  
lilybelle

Hi Glam, good luck on the induction. That's the hardest part. I was depressed when i started Atkins too. Those feelings go away and then You will be so happy to see the great weight loss. Congratulations on getting started and following through. Thanks for saying we're inspirations, it helps more than you know.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:15 AM   #13  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies. Things are going well here. I am sleepy this morning. I made it to the gym, but totally dont want to go to work. I need to be getting in bed earlier. Well I did bad this weekend. I am not going to say exactly what I did, but it was enough to scare me straight. I drank lots of water yesterday and I am down 2 lbs today, so that made me happier and i worked my booty off at the gym. Now I am so sleepy. I started strict induction over again. I am going to start buying stuff to take with me on the weekends when I see my family so that way there will be no room for temptation. Hope everyone has a great day.
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:44 PM   #14  

Happy Hump day all! The week is going better. I am sticking to the LC lifestyle and recovering from the weekend. This one coming up is a long holiday weekend, so I need a plan of action...any ideas? I'll probably do alot of grilling and have alot of salad stuff at hand. I started to add sit ups and leg lifts to my routine and man am I sore today! Take care!

Highest weight 209#
Today's weight 161#
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:11 PM   #15  
lilybelle

Hi everyone. Happy Wednesday. I have been cooking and cleaning house. I am very happy to report that last night I was able to fit into a couple of medium dressy blouses that my daughter gave me. Haven't worn a medium in shirts in about 25 yrs. so this was exciting. Even though my weight loss is stalled, I am getting smaller. This just made my day.