South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 06:03 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday Clucking - June 26

Good morning! It's cloudy but NOT raining - yet. The Girls are still asleep. The two days at 4PawsInn tired them out.

I had a busy but fun three days and now I need to get back to a more controlled life. I didn't get on the scale this morning but would be surprised if I was not up a bit. Back to clean living today.

Harry has to be taken back to the dermatologist today which will gouge four hours out of the middle of my day but I do hope to get some Cemetery Board paperwork done and work in some gardening as I still have unplanted plants!

What's happening at your Beach Chair today?
Old 06-26-2006, 06:25 AM   #2  

AVAST you Landlubbers! It's Captain Schatzi in her garbage scow lookin fer dry land !

The entire weekend was a wet blanket and more of the same fer the next 2 days from the Great Swamp once known as Nerth Caroliner!

Ruth: ya Dim Sum, ya Gain Sum eh, (acck! ha ha a good kneeslapper . that one ) all turns out ok for Harry.

OK, me cawfee is ready mateys ...and my morning crossword puzzle awaits!
Old 06-26-2006, 07:09 AM   #3  

Good morning ladies!

I'm a returning beacher with a lot to lose. Looking forward to getting to know you all!!! I'm back to Phase I today and really looking forward to it. I've done my Costco shopping this past Saturday and am stocked up on lean meat and veggies!

Have a great day!
Carol
Old 06-26-2006, 07:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

A very rainy "good morning" to you from soggy SE Pa! I've never seen it rain so hard for so long. There's a lot of flooding in our area and our pool is overflowing but we've been pretty lucky so far. Saturday our town was a real mess, with roads and underpasses flooded out and it even took out part of RR bridge. Luckily Monica and the baby arrived here just before it all started, thank goodness! The rain eased up a little last night for them to be able to make it back home again safely, too, but Jake and I were pretty worried until she called to say they were home. It was a fun weekend, but tiring!
I decided to opt out of going to Curves this morning, and am waiting for Cindy to call with today's agenda for the girls. Today looks like a good day to snuggle up on the sofa and watch movies all day, or maybe do some arts & crafts.

Schatzi ~ Yes, you can find Bubble Tea here in the states, mostly in Asian restaurants. I get mine in Chinatown in Philly. Here is a link with more info that you might find helpful -
http://www.bubbleteasupply.com/index.php?page=what.html

Ruth ~ Today is the day for me to get back in control of my eating, too, after the weekend. I'm glad you had a fun time, and hope all goes well with Harry today.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:27 AM   #5  
South Beach Life Style

Good Morning Girls
I have job interview this morning, It is Billing and Coding Day shift, about 45 minutes from home, It will be a while before anyone is hired as the Director has got to post it in house as well, So hopefully the Compensation thing will be over when she hires.. I feel confident about the job, All I need is an interview and with my work record of longevity and such, I should be a good canididate, no experience in Billing and Coding, just College for it.. so everyone wish me luck.... My Man Jeff Gordon won yesterday,, Nascar Nut here. very happy to see him win,, He sure needed it. Take Care Everyone.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:03 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome, Kaeurl. Be sure to check out all the stickies in here and join the group starting Phase I this week.

The mosquitos are horrible this morning! We are on the edge of the weather system affecting PA and NJ - that must be it. The barometer fell off the wall in the back room this morning. The Girls were outside and I was in the kitchen so we can't blame Lucy. Should I be vewy afwaid?

Schatzi and Cottage, just remember that treading water is good leg exercise! Seriously, I do hope the wet eases off soon.

MsCrockett, I see today is a red letter day for you. Good luck on the interview but it sure sounds as if you are qualified and can rely on skill and experience to reel them in!

8:00 and time to crank uo my day. I left my wallet at 4PawsInn yesterday and need to factor that in when I do my run to get H. off to the dermatologist. Grrrr! I leave my car at the nursing home and we cab it to the clinic at the hospital. The cabbies handle all the wrestling with the walker and drop us off right at the door. Otherwise, I'd have to leave H. on his own while I parked and might find him supervising in the OR by the time I got there! It's a darn good thing I located my wallet!

Gotta jet! Have a good one.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:44 AM   #7  

Good morning!

Barb I am so glad that your week was so wonderful.

Cottage Glad that your DD made it home safely and that your weekend was fun. I am always worn out when my routine is greatly different.

Schatzi Stay dry!!!

Ruth Good luck with your errands today. I hope that all goes well with Harry.

Crock Good luck on the interview! I am sure you will do great and that if this is the job for you that it will work out.

Kaurel Jump right on in and join the daily chat. Good for you for getting yourself all stocked up and ready to go.

Me- I got the BEST night of sleep that I have had in weeks last night. I feel so much better today as I sip on my coffee. I got up hoping for at least 15 minutes of time to myself, but that never works real well around this house. As soon as I turned on the coffee maker and logged onto the computer my older daughter comes wandering in. Oh well, I need to get over having any time to myself!

We are going swimming with my mom this morning and then not much else on the agenda for the day. I need to stop at the farmer's market while by her place to stock up on fresh fruits and veggies. I have got to continue to get this weight off! I feel like I have done pretty well, but saw pictures of myself taken this weekend and am discouraged.

Have a super day gals!!
Old 06-26-2006, 08:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hey, MsCrockett, GOOD LUCK! on the job interview!

Ruth ~ I'm all worn out from treading water, so now I'm just floating on my back!

Kaeurl!

Kiko ~ Good Morning to you as well, I almost missed your post!
Old 06-26-2006, 08:46 AM   #9  

Crikey! Friday is the last day of June- how is everyone doing on their weightloss goals?? It sounds like several are getting themselves back on track today, so it can be the final push for June. Let's do it!!
Old 06-26-2006, 09:08 AM   #10  

We ate takeout Sat and Sun for supper. My hands and feet are like balloons from the sodium. I gained 5 lbs in 1 day. Drinking gallons of water!!!!!

Our dear friend from Tokyo, his wife and daughter are in LA for a conference 2nd week in August and are flying here for the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I phone call and just 1 little monkey for the day!!!!!! She is very self motivated!!! I can get lots done.

HUGS!!!
Old 06-26-2006, 09:48 AM   #11  
JPS

S/C/G: 220/195/150

Height: 5'1.5"

Good Morning Ladies.

I'm a little dissappointed as I've only lost 3 pounds total in the two weeks on Phase 1. With a drastic change in my eating habits and such a concious effort, I'm bummed. This morning I had low fat cottage cheese with a fresh peach chopped in it. I'm introducing fruit back into the program. Going to have Tuna salad on a tomatoe for lunch. Am I doing this incorrectly as not to lose weight???

Carol,I'm new here too, just finished my Phase I today.
I find SB very easy to follow and these boards have so much information. Good Luck and I'll be here for you.

Hope all of you have a wonderful day on the Beach.

JPS

JPS
Old 06-26-2006, 10:01 AM   #12  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Didn't do to good over the weekend ,so I kept away from posting.This morning I'm trying something new, Exercising on the bike for 20 min right after breakfast,and than going out to walk[weather premitting]around 10 ish before it gets to hot. I couldn't believe my thighs are getting large,almost thunder thighs,which I never had before.WOW!!! is doesn't pay to have a birthday every year as I'm drupping or dropping something.Have to start doing my firming & toning exercising videos.

We're getting our car back this week, YIPPEEEEE!! I thought I was going to have an accident trying to make a left hand turn,rental doesn't have enough pick up,when making the left turn,it buggled when giving it the gas. Our car doesn't do that.Leo thinks the rental is a 4 cylinder instead of a powerful 6 or 8.

Have to go now,Will read your posts this afternoon when I have a little more time.

Hugs BB
Old 06-26-2006, 10:27 AM   #13  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Good morning chicks! I'm been away from the beach for a bit. Trying to catch my breath a little today after we had auditors here at work last week and before we gear up to close our books (our year-end is 6/30). The weekends seem to be a non-stop flurry of activity which is fun but exhausting and very challenging sbd-wise. I'm absolutely draggin today - I tried switching DS to the crib last night from sleeping in his infant seat in our room. He has reflux and it helps him to sleep upright a bit but he's just getting too big to sleep there any longer. So it was a rough night b/c he kept waking up every 20 to 30 minutes. About 1:30ish I ended up just crashing in his room for the rest of the night so I didn't have to stumble down the hall everytime he woke up. He's 9 months and probably should have been in the crib months ago but I'm having a hard time letting him grow up b/c I know he's the last.

Beach Bum - I hope you had a happy birthday! Sorry I missed it!
Workin - I'm sorry you're getting frustrated. Maybe you could post a typical day's menu so we can take a look and see if something stands out that is causing the slow loss. Are you getting your water? That always slows my loss way down.
Crockett - on the interview! I know you'll do great.
Kaeurl - welcome!
Holly, Kiko, Ruth & Schatzi & anyone I might have missed - Hope you all have a great day and try to stay dry!
Old 06-26-2006, 10:35 AM   #14  
gotta lose it!

Morning everyone!!
The weekend was ok.....Sat I worked & got into a HUGE arguement with one of the gals that works for me. As soon as my boss left for lunch, she announces to me that she has to leave early because she was over (she was scheduled to work 10-7, but had to leave at 6) and then instead of taking a hour lunch, she only takes 30 mins so she had to leave at 5:30. So I asked her to remember in the future to cut the time before Sat. Sat is our busiest day & cutting is the last thing we want to do. She continues arguing like she's right or something & I ignore her (I had things to do, like help customers!) So when I went to the office to get some singles, she threw her time card at me (that was mistake #1) and then she starts screaming at me (that was #2) in mid sentence I told her to "drop the tude. and drop the issue." She continues to scream so I told her to drop it or be written up for insorbination. She she FINALLY shuts up. When my boss comes in, she tells him that I approached her about her time & threw the time card at her & was pointing at her & screaming. My reaction must of been priceless, I know I gasped when he told me this, but he started cracking up. He knows she would act that way, but he wasn't sure about me because I just started there, but my reaction said everything. (I'm glad he thought it was funny.)
So that little brat is on my "list."
Sunday was fun, df & I went to a graduation party & I had cake (I know) and then we cleaned my nasty car and then we bbq. It was nice not having to work or do chores -just hang out with my honey.
Today I go into work (yuck) so I must get some exercise in before going!
Crock - good luck!
Cottage - what did I miss? Bubble tea?
Old 06-26-2006, 10:52 AM   #15  
JPS

S/C/G: 220/195/150

Height: 5'1.5"

Kelly, thanks for the interest. I'll post what I have planned for today.

Breakfast - 1% low fat cottage cheese and one peach sliced, included in the cottate cheese. Lunch is one tomatoe, with tuna fish (at least 3 oz), lite mayo and some dill. Dinner I will be eating out because I am going to "baby class with my DD since her DH is out of town, and we'll probably go to Wendy's. I'll have the Chicken Garden Salad (I'm not sure what it's actually called). At home for a snack I'll have the "no sugar added" fugicles. What do ya think?

Thanks.
JPS
Closed Thread