South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 07:35 AM   #1  

Default Phase 1 starters June 25/26

Calling all Phase 1 starters or restarters! Here's a thread where you can post your meals, get support and suggestions ! Of course, you're welcome to post on the Daily thread tooo. So toss out that White Bread! Off Load that Sugar! And come to the Beach (Yer towel awaits you! )
Old 06-25-2006, 08:28 AM   #2  

I am rejoining. I thought I was ready to change a month or so ago and was not. I am starting today Southbeach with some Sonoma recipes. My husband has been on it for a month and is doing great so that helps a lot. Kathy
Old 06-25-2006, 08:44 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

WELCOME, Kathy. Sonoma recipes are great and most of them are fine for SBD. Just be careful when on Phase I - our Phase I is NOT the same was their Wave I.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:12 AM   #4  

Thank you Ruth for the reminder. I was going to make a spread sheet tonight and have the accepted foods listed. I was planning to do Phase one very strictly. I just like the recipes in my Sonoma Book. Kathy
Old 06-25-2006, 10:16 AM   #5  

Joining. Starting tomorrow (Monday), the 26th.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:25 PM   #6  

Technically I started the 24th, so can I still join up?
Old 06-25-2006, 03:15 PM   #7  

Starting tomorrow. Just returned from the grocery store where I stocked up on South Beach stuff.

I've been posting on the WW board for the past couple of weeks. I've attempted WW for a couple of years off and on and lost a little, gained a little, etc. I decided I needed a change. I'm really not sure if SBD will be something I can do long term, but I'm ready to try!

I am a 34 y.o. mom of 3 (ages 8,6,2) with a wonderful DH (although he's a junk food junky, so there will ALWAYS be temptations in the house!), and I work weekends as a RN. I currently weigh about 156 and am 5'5". Before my first son, I was 135 and that is where I would LOVE to get back to! I haven't been able to get below 150 since that first pregnancy, so I really hope to get past that "mental hurdle" with SB.

I would appreciate any and all advice and support anyone wants to give!

Thanks,
Britte

'
Old 06-25-2006, 04:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 217/211.9/150

Default I'm in!

This is Day 6 of Week 1 for me. Can I join you guys? Hope so. So far, it's been great! I'm already down 6 pounds! And it hasn't been too difficult for me. I've been using recipes from the original book. They are tasty and filling. I easily bypassed blueberry muffins in Sunday School, cornbread at lunch, birthday cake at work, and baked potatoes at a steak house. Didn't even miss them! I did goof today in ordering creamed spinach with my skinless chicken breast and broccoli at Boston Market... but I'm not going to consider that a setback. I'll just keep going strong. Just so you know... I'm a writer at a newspaper in Florida. I have a 14yo DD and a 5yo DS, and a wonderfully supportive but skinny DH to whom I've been married 16 years. I look forward to getting to know all of you, and I hope we can inspire each other to get healthy for good!
Old 06-25-2006, 04:37 PM   #9  

The more the Merrier Oberon and Hippychick! Feel free to post your meal plans so folks can get ideas and help you tweak it abit...
so as captain Kirk would say ...."Set yer Phasers to 1".........and off we go!!!!!
Old 06-25-2006, 07:24 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Hey! This is Day 5 for me and about my third attempt of SBD. I am doing much better this time....I think

I'm 26 yrs old from Texas and I have two weddings coming up. One in August and one in November, both in which I have to wear revealing, strapless bridesmaids dresses. I started on Tuesday and will weigh in Tues 06/27. My starting weight was 160 and wat to get down to 130. I am open to all suggestions!
Old 06-25-2006, 08:16 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 282/274/145

Height: 5'4

I am starting on Monday...just need to get to the store and buy the SBD food...i was thinking of making the quiche cups and keeping those in the freezer...who knows i will take it day by day
Old 06-25-2006, 09:42 PM   #12  

Hi all! Posted last week with all intentions of beginning the SBD the following week. Forgot about an upcoming trip that we had planned so needless to say I did not begin when I had originally intended but while gone I grabbed myself the book and am ready to go now! Looking forward to getting to know you all.

See ya on the beach tomorrow
Old 06-26-2006, 08:34 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'2

Default Day 2 on SBD

This is my 2nd day on Phase 1 and I feel pretty good about it so far.

Yesterday I was so proud of myself, went to a cook out at my sisters and did not cheat!!! Yea. It was hamburgers hot dogs and all the summer cook out fixins, so I ate a cheeseburger - no bun and I just made a salad with the lettuce and all. My sis was so supportive, she made sure it was extra lean sirloin and low fat cheese just for me.

O and I made the omlet cup thingy's and that was my breakfast this morning and was not half bad, I could do them.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:44 AM   #14  

Good morning! Today is Day 1 for me and I am happy to be starting SB! So far this morning, just some "half-caff" coffee. I actually think I'm still full from all the carbs I tried to stuff in yesterday! Let the detox begin!!

Going to a funeral today and of course a funeral dinner following the service, so will have an early test, but I am confident I will be able to handle it!
After doing WW so long, I really am looking forward to this change and to more healthy eating.

Have a great day, everyone!
Britte
Old 06-26-2006, 10:11 AM   #15  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all - I'm back on P1 for at least a week starting today. I was doing really well on SB then life got the best of me a few weeks back and I fell off of my beach towel. I'm comitted to get back on and lose these last few pounds. The good side is that even though I was waaaayyy off plan for a few weeks my weight only went up 2 pounds so I guess the (bad) choices I've been making haven't done that much damage. I made the breakfast cheesecakes on saturday to have for snack to help me feel like I'm not being deprived. Plan on making the beef stew tonight to last for a few lunches this week.
Closed Thread