Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 04:36 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Core Board Chat #47

Okay, spill it! What's everybody been doing today?? Don't tell me I'm the only one with no life!!

Actually, I think I've gotten quite a few things done on my list: I did the laundry, vacuumed my bedroom and bathroom, washed the bathroom rugs, listed a bunch of ebay stuff, swept the tile, emptied and refilled the dishwasher, made some baked beans (cooking now) and assembled the turkey burgers that are now marinating in worcestershire sauce in the fridge, watered the plants in the back and planted two caladiums in the front. I still have a flat of begonias and a flat of mini-monkey grass to go in the front flowerbed, but might wait until tomorrow.

Still left to do tonight: empty the dishwasher, finish cooking dinner, clean up the kitchen AGAIN, sew on those buttons, and make our lunches for tomorrow. Oh and wash my hair. I'm a little afraid of that part because I haven't had to fix the new haircut yet. We'll see ...
Old 06-25-2006, 04:39 PM   #2  

AND ... I forgot about this part ... I suppose that furniture will be arriving tonight too if Judd feels like going over and getting it. He isn't home from his ride yet and since it's almost 100 degrees, I'm sure he's going to be worn out and ready to rest up.

Shaun says he's cleaning up there, and has gone thru his clothes and sorted which ones need to be gotten rid of. I asked him that if I went upstairs, would it look like it did the other day and he said no. I might venture up there in a while to have a look around. He did say that he didn't need my help.
Old 06-25-2006, 05:02 PM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, I have no life either today. I cleaned the Family Room, LR, Dining Room, and Den. Jim vacuumed upstairs for me and is going to work on vacuuming the rooms I cleaned today. I made a new dessert; the kopy cat Applebee's cheesecake. I have a Froufie roast marinating and I've done about 4 loads of laundry. Oh yeah, I talked to the Niece at least 3 times (I missed her when she wasn't calling!) and my Sister for about 2 hours. Jim went grocery shopping and got me Shredded Wheat and Bran for $2 a box this week at Jewel. Woo Hoo! So far I've done everything I was supposed to do. No nap yet. I think that might come after dinner. Or maybe I'll have a bubble bath after dinner. Sounds like an early dinner today because I'm already hungry.

BTW, I love begonias but I like the double ones. Next year I'm going to get a hanging basket or two of them since I have hooks all over my eaves. My Sister got some and there are none left around here now. She'll tell me next year when she is going for hers.

Today was the birthday of my first Fiance. He would have been 48. A lot of old memories for me this weekend between the 25th anniversary and this birthday. I just had to tell you guys. I would never mention it to Jim. I wouldn't want him to think I was missing him or anything like that. I just thought of it today when I typed the date into our menu thread.

Off to make dinner for my Honey Lamb and Me!
Old 06-25-2006, 05:04 PM   #4  

Thanks for the new board Kathy,
what did I do today?? ummmm well the power has been out since 10:30 am sooooo a good friend and I went to the next town and visited a gift boutique of local crafters. We had a great time. I didnt buy anything but got some ideas for christmas presents..Im going to go each payday and buy one thing. Little easier on the pocketbook..especially this year. Then we went for lunch..I had a nice wrap that i know I can make at home again. We share some onion rings..yummy too. Havnt had those in ages. I even managed to do my Dvd today...I actually jumped out of bed this morning thinking I could squeeze it in if I hurried..before the power went off. K, now picture me getting excited about exercising?? go figure.......hadnt had a chance to for 2 days and I was missing it.
The power is back on now..obviously since Im posting..haha. I didnt take anything out for supper so its going to be something simple.
This is the week my dd's come home......I cant wait!!! I miss them so much. My youngest joined a womans gym and is doing so well...she makes me so proud. She did her monthly weigh in on thursday and was happy to announce she lost 45 pounds and 55 inches since end of january!! I cant wait to see her....shes the one who inspired me to get out and get exercising again. ok enough about me here...hah better go look for somehting for supper.
ttyl chickies!
Old 06-25-2006, 05:09 PM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Patti, I can hear the joy in your voice! Congratulations for DD. I need some of that inspiration. Have a great time! I should start Christmas shopping too...or at least thinking of some ideas.

Clare, welcome to our little Core corner of the world! Let us know if we can help in any way.
Old 06-25-2006, 05:34 PM   #6  

Wow, Patti! That's some awesome progress your DD is making! Congratulations to her!

Judd is home and said that one of the guys in his group had a crash today. He's still at the hospital (that guy) and someone is going back to pick him up later. They were about 2 hours away from home when he did it. He has stitches in his shoulder (was only wearing a t-shirt and no jacket), his knee (again, wearing jeans and no riding pants) and broke a bone in his hand (fingerless gloves). He's lucky though; the hospital said there hadn't been an accident on that particular road where CareFlite wasn't called. Anyway, the end of that story is that the furniture is going to be gotten tomorrow, not tonight. And I have a car full of things to take to the mission tomorrow, which is about 0.0002% of what I'd *LIKE* to get rid of around here. Judd is such a clutter packrat and I hate it.

Vickie, Enough said about that. We won't tell Jim.

Well, Erin's home from work and wants real meat, not turkey burgers, so I'm off to the store. I was going anyway because we're out of Bounce sheets. Be back in a bit!
Old 06-25-2006, 05:41 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 245/217/150

Height: 5'6.5"

What I did today...

I am a little behind in my planting so after cleaning up from the picnic We had yesterday, I went out and planted some herbs (oregano, thyme, chives, dill, Rosemary and Sage) Fairy lilly bulbs, and had my husband pluck 2 large Garter snakes out of my garden. What a surprise they were. The girls said they saw a snake going towards the garden, and I did not think much about it...there are small garters all over around here. but I was planing and at one end the grass is longer then most areas of the yard, It had not been trimmed yet. And when I was kneeling on the rocks, I saw one coming out from underneath a rock, It was HUGE! Then I noticed, there was another one sunning its self on the rocks a little further down. I screamed for my husband, He got the Weed eater and cleaned up around that end and got the snakes....needless to say, I did not finish planting yet...LOL!

I have been eating ok, had some Coleslaw and Kapooska (this is baked beans, Bacon and Sour kraut mixed together) it is a polish dish that my family absolutely loves. and that was all I had that was not Core. OH yeah, I had a flatout bread also. so I am on track. Yesterday, I had about a 1/4 cup of Mac Salad.

For the rest of the night, I plan on taking my kids to their father, coming home grabbing some popcorn and sitting on the couch with some water and watching a movie while holding my huabands hand. Before going to bed.

Have a great day!
Old 06-25-2006, 06:01 PM   #8  
Melissa

Hi friends!
Today has been a lazy day in some ways. We got up early as usual for church then was there longer than usual. Got some lunch and then took a nap for almost 3 hours! I don't know what my deal is, but I think I could have stayed in bed all night long.
I just put the LO casserole in the oven for supper. DH is still working on those shelves but after supper we're going to work on our garage. We haven't touched it since we moved in (other than to bring a few things into the house) and it is a disaster. There's no where to put anything so all the tools end up laying around the house. We've got to at least start on it. Plus the yard sale is this Saturday so I've got to get things together for that.

Kathy, you are so productive. I feel like a lazy bum compared to you and Vickie. I'm glad to hear that Shaun is cleaning up his room! Oh and that's awful about Judd's friend, but I'm sure it could have been much worse.

Vickie, you have been productive too! And I'm glad that you shared this "date" with us. It's important to remember special times, even if it is something from the past.

Patti, you are an exercising machine! Hopefully you can rub off on me.

Well ladies I better get off of here. I have much to do. I'm going to try to get all of my work prep stuff done before bedtime tonight. I always get so stressed out and need to stop that.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:05 PM   #9  
Melissa

Wendy, good luck with those snakes! Yikes! I would have freaked out. I'm so scared of snakes, no matter what kind! It seems like you're really trying hard with core. Have a good evening!
Old 06-25-2006, 06:32 PM   #10  
Southside White Sox Fan

Wendy, you're doing great and also getting some wonderful exercise! Those pounds are going to melt off.

Melissa, you'll catch up eventually...you'll see. Someday you and Aaron will be sitting on your couch, watching TV, and enjoying your home. The first 6 months are usually pretty crazy.

Hmmmm.....no Sandra, Frouf, or Saundra today.

Well the Froufie roast smells magnificient (I used a little extra garlic!). I can't wait to eat.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:49 PM   #11  

Hi chicks, Got a quick moment to come on. Dh went to do a service call and the kiddies are eating. I bought a couple of pretty shrubs to plant in my front garden, I forgot what they are called(duh). I went to see Da Vinci code last night with my mom, I enjoyed it, it was good. I will be back, dd is whiny, she has not napped today so I think it is time for bed for her(YIPPEEEEE)

Oh yeah, Vickie do you have a problem ordering from Catherines, i went to order a few tops and I can't add anything to the cart, it won't let me.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:01 PM   #12  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Welll here you all are! (thought I lost you for a second there!).

Welcome Clare - hope you have filled out a profile? If not please visit our coreporate profiles there and let us know all about you. good luck w/your first weigh-in!

Melissa - have fun in the garage (is that even possible?). A yard sale is a great idea!

Kathy - you sure are a busy beaver (compared to the rest of us?). Sorry about Judd's friend - and he was very lucky. My dh (also a bike rider) always gets very upset when he sees people out riding who are not appropriately covered up and are just asking for trouble (like biking in a t-shirt and shorts and sneakers!). We were always in our leather if we were on his bike!

Hope Shaun is making a great effort to clean up. My dh is also a packrat and I literally have to sneak stuff away from him - like clothing he hasn't worn in 5 years or more! I figure there are poor people out there that could use the stuff and there is no point in letting sit in his closet gathering dust!

Vickie - sounds like the party is a blast - nothing like getting together w/old friends and reminiscing. sure hope you got a nap today - sounds like you were up awfully early (I would fire that cleaning lady if I were you!). Enjoy the froufie roast (I know it smells divine when cooking!).

Wendy - okay like I would never step foot in the garden again if I thought snakes would be slithering out at me! don't blame you. Love the idea of a herb garden tho!

Well my eating has been way off today - had a run-in with some pizza and brownies (and boy are they good!).

Good news is I got up this morning, had some cereal and off I went for a 45 min walk (before it got too hot - but nevertheless I sure got some sun!)...walked to the next main street - to Farmboy (grocery store).....there I cooled off, drank some water, and got some groceries. Dh was home w/ds who was going to another bday party today - so after he dropped him off he picked me and the groceries up! Got lots of fresh fruits and vegetables! (and even had my favorite salad from there for lunch: mixed field greens w/red onions, strawberries, chicken breast and pecans - w/honey mustard dressing!).

Got ds then across the street into the 'crystal forest' (okay it's just a green space, big field across from our house) to look for a boulder that ds had seen (looking for nice rocks/boulders to decorate my front garden with)...of course we trekked in there (w/the wheelbarrow) for like 15 minutes being eaten alive by mosquitos and never found the said boulder! Came back itching like crazy and my nose is still running (did I ever mention my allergies?).

Then we went for a lovely drive to a nursery not far from us - in a little neighboring village? On the way stopped at the strawberry farm - no not to get strawberries - but I noticed a BUNNY HUTCH - and dh quickly swerved in and I was able to visit w/about 8 lovely bunnies! Then off to the nursery - very overwhelming - lots of plants/shrubs and trees. I am first looking for a weeping peashrub - then had some - but they sure looked pretty 'weepy' (very sparse and not as I had hoped)...so we didn't get anything there but walked around and had great fun looking at all the greenery.

Then of course dh wants to head to the main street to the very 'famous' bakery they have there. He and ds gorge themselves on chocolate eclairs and we bring home a small pan of brownies (the dangerous ones mentioned above). I was okay til we got home and dd and ds wanted one - of course I had a taste - then another, then another....

Then came the vodka cooler - then dh made a thin crust veggie pizza in the oven and while I had salmon marinating in the fridge - I now am on a different dimension - and decide I should have the pizza for dinner. Not a very good decision I'm afraid (I am SO GLAD I at least had some exercise today).

I have already packed some of the LO salad (see above) for lunch tomorrow at work and a big container of CHERRIES! (I am so happy I have cherries - they were on sale for 1.99/lb - wow!).

I think I am facing a challenging week ahead (and weekend?). Tomorrow night we head to the big concert arean to see Bachman/Cummings (Guess who) concert (we are very excited). But we will have to leave as soon as I get home from work (lots of traffic on highway due to the concert so it will take a while to get there!)...not sure about even eating dinner? No real time to cook. They do have 'food' at the concert place - but probably burgers, hot dogs, chicken burgers - nothing too healthy?

Tuesday is lunch out w/office - chinese food again!...and coming up to Canada day weekend!

I also can't go to gym tomorrow due to concert, and tuesday after work dd has therapist appt - so I shall definitely try and go even if it's later! Need to work off those brownies!

Frouf
Old 06-25-2006, 07:19 PM   #13  
Melissa

Frouf, you are such a busy bunny! It sounds like you've had a really fun day.

DH is still working on the shelves (he's still on the first one as it is giving him some trouble). After dinner (LO casserole) I started feeling really, really sick. So right now I'm parked on the couch, hoping my tummy will calm down.

Vickie, I hope you are enjoying your roast! Sounds wonderful.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:35 PM   #14  

Speaking of roast, I have a beautiful piece of pork tenderloin sitting in my fridge waiting to be used. Do you think I could froufie roast it? I haven't even seen the recipe, but I hear you all raving about it so much, I've decided I must have it.

It was so funny today...I was substituting in my 7 year old's Sunday School class. Today the lesson was about how Jesus is the Good Shepherd and we are all his sheep. I was trying to emphasize how we are ALL His sheep, so I asked, "What if someone does bad things? Are they still a sheep?" Their answer, "No." I corrected them, and said, "Yes, no matter what you do, He still loves you and you are His sheep." So then I asked, "What if someone killed someone? Are they still His sheep?" Their answer, "Yes!" And then my dd pipes up, "But a killing sheep!" very proud of herself. I just had this mental image of a deranged sheep with a bloody mouth standing over someone's body and I couldn't help giggling. Sigh. Sometimes I wonder about myself.

Off to feed dinner to my family, and hopefully avoid all those "killing sheep" out there.

Angela
Old 06-25-2006, 07:51 PM   #15  

Angela, that is priceless! Your dd has quite an imagination and isn't afraid to speak up -- I love that in a child. What a honey she must be!

Frouf, I must admit that I thought about taking a nap after reading your post. It literally wore me down. Could you just take ONE day off and do nothing but sit? Okay, I doubt it but still, girl, you're going to burn out!

Beef and turkey burgers are on the grill right now. I made some guacamole at the last minute in case anyone wants to add -- sliced tomatoes and purple onions. We have wheat and white buns, and I made a pitcher of tea. Let's see ... oh and corn and baked beans. That's it. I did decide to plant flowers tomorrow night, and am doing nothing else tonight except for clearing the dinner dishes and cleaning kitchen, then packing our lunch for tomorrow. That's it.
Closed Thread